ADVERTISEMENT

A new season upon us...

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
So I baled hay, got the wood stacked, propane tank filled, fences mostly mended, etc.
Now looking forward to my favorite season of the year. Fall high school and college football, baseball playoffs, dove, quail, deer seasons, the best holidays, etc. and fall fishing can be the best as fish feed with abandon to store fat for the winter. My oak trees are loaded again this year. Grass is still green even as August begins. It's another good year for wildlife at least here in North Tejas and I assume for Oklahoma too. (Way too good for the ticks). Good times.

Oh where was I? Oh, so has anyone got trailcams out yet? If not when will you put em out?
(For me, this year it will be mid August.) What are you seeing? Big trips planned?

Sorry about the short novel, but curious about the outlook for you guys.

Baby Sept 5. Slowly go stir crazy over the following 2-3 weeks. Probably do some rabbit bow hunting this winter since it will be all the time I have.

But I did order 2 new risers and one should be here soon. That will give me something to do when I'm going crazy in the house.

I still want to build a new rifle but since I don't get to shoot much with the kids so young, I decided to wait.

Closing on my new home with land on September 11th. Been working for this for over 25 years...I've already got a place for a stand all picked out. Got a 5 acre pond as well, stocked with cats, bass, crappie and some perch.

I haven't gotten to truly hunt deer since high school (maybe once in college), I've got several guns sighted in and ready to choose which one will be the first.

I'm excited! Gonna be a great fall/winter.

Closing on my new home with land on September 11th. Been working for this for over 25 years...I've already got a place for a stand all picked out. Got a 5 acre pond as well, stocked with cats, bass, crappie and some perch.

I haven't gotten to truly hunt deer since high school (maybe once in college), I've got several guns sighted in and ready to choose which one will be the first.

I'm excited! Gonna be a great fall/winter.

Congrats!! There's nothing better than a little piece of land to relax, hunt and fish on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT