ADVERTISEMENT

A.J. Ferrari decision tonight at 7:30pm

It seems to be oddly quiet with Ferrari. He didn't do any OSU posts like the other schools.

I breakdown the situation on the 3 programs that I think are in the running like below...

PSU - They are probably the darkhorse here as they haven’t seemed to be as involved with him throughout but have made a strong run at him as of late. There is the Bo connection coming from his HS and then of course the high end program and RTC which will be strong selling points.

RU - Rutgers appears to fit him and the family culturally. He had a very good visit there and they are on an upswing as a program and form a support standpoint. Some think they are the favorites but what gives me pause is the family moved to that area and for whatever reason it just didn’t go well. While their are some historical cultural connections with the family and that area they are a midwestern family and I think that played a role in their move back to Texas.

OSU - I keep coming back to us as the favorite and most likely landing spot. The connections here are deep and long standing. With the Smith (large) family and Coach G we provide some of the historical/cultural fit some have pointed to as important. He has been up to Stillwater more than anywhere else and has worked out with our guys (and our guys doing camps at his local HS and club) more than anyone else.

He grew up idolizing John Smith and a fan of OSU wrestling. Stillwater provides the best opportunity for his extremely close family to travel to his duals. With White, AD, Perry, Plott and Doucet the upper weight high level partners match up pretty well. With the uptick in recruitment OSU also offers him a great chance to compete and win team titles during his eligibility.

If AJ ends up at PSU I'm going to go ahead and jump out a window.

I know AJ is the type of prospect who won't be scared off by anyone. The 197/285 situation at Penn State is a lot more crowded than here.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Wonder how much distance is a factor for the family. They seem incredibly close knit and unless they plan to move again we are the only school they don't have to hop on a plane to watch AJ wrestle.

Reactions: osu2082
It is funny because I feel pessimistic but then if you read other boards they all think we are the big favorite.

It seems like this will be a significant bellwether for OSU’s Texas Strategy.

He picked the good guys. We are on a monster roll guys. Hats off to all our coaches.

Just fantastic. I really felt good about our position but you just never know.

For those that don’t follow this stuff this is a Zion Williamson type of recruit!

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I don’t want to beat a dead horse or throw anyone under the bus but our recruiting is night and day since John shook up the staff. I hope Caldwell is being taken care of.

Just curious: Has haas and Ferrari ever wrestled each other considering they are in same weight class?

You have to think AJ, Haas, Doucet & Amos have all scrapped some at RTC practices. But in terms of competition, I think the only time AJ & Haas were in the same bracket was at Fargo in 2017. AJ took 1st at 170 and Kyle finished 8th. Of course, Kyle exploded this summer & has now jumped levels.

BTW, Flo said after winning Fargo that year, AJ has not lost a tournament (domestically) since.

Last edited:
In my uninformed opinion, I would think it would be best if he could stay at 197 and put Haas at heavy, assuming he signs with the good guys next year.

Somebody that's good with posting images needs to post the Ferraris latest Facebook picture.

Somebody that's good with posting images needs to post the Ferraris latest Facebook picture.
Shouldn't we stick with wrestling here, concentrate on AJ? Because several of the family members appear to be very distracting ;)

sorry, Wrassler, I was thinking twitter :confused:

72250324_2341754419410848_9186316957400432640_n.jpg

Reactions: Wrassler17
In my uninformed opinion, I would think it would be best if he could stay at 197 and put Haas at heavy, assuming he signs with the good guys next year.

The likely scenario is A.J. comes in at HWY and is there all 4 years he competes for. I think it’s actually more likely Haas could go 197 for a year than A.J.

With greyshirts, RS, ORS they can get creative to get both A.J. and Haas in an OSU singlet our there competing for the majority of their eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT