ADVERTISEMENT

A DOJ employee is accused of helping her son and the Bloods intimidate informants

Pokeabear

Heisman Candidate
Feb 6, 2007
Center-ring
A DOJ employee is accused of helping her son and the Bloods intimidate informants
190307163345-gavel-photo-medium-plus-169.jpg
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/15/us...ch-trnd-scn/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/
(CNN) — The Department of Justice says one of its own "repeatedly" helped the Bloods street gang protect its interests by identifying and exposing informants and cooperating witnesses.

Tawanna Hilliard works in an administrative role for the US Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey, court documents say. According to the US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, over a period of more than two years, Hilliard used her access to information to help her son Tyquan Hilliard, 28, and his gang, the 5-9 Brims set of the Bloods.

Authorities have charged the Hilliards with six felony counts: witness tampering and harassment, obstruction of justice and conspiracy to tamper with a witness. Each carries a maximum 20-year prison sentence.

Tawanna Hilliard is also charged with illegally obtaining information from a protected government computer.

The Hilliards' lawyer has not responded to a request for comment.

Court records show that Tawanna Hilliard pleaded not guilty to the charges and is out on $75,000 bail. Tyquan Hilliard has not yet be arraigned on the charges; he's currently in a New York state prison serving the remainder of an 11-year sentence for robbery and assault.

The indictment says that the crimes began in 2016, when "a high-ranking member" of the gang told Hilliard to use her access at work to determine whether people were cooperating with law enforcement.

Officials found out about it only because Tawanna Hilliard called Tyquan Hilliard while he was serving a six-year sentence in a New York state prison for possession of a loaded firearm, according to court documents. Prison phone calls are recorded and monitored.

Tawanna Hilliard is also accused of looking up information on the gang member who allegedly told her to report back on informants. In another prison call, the mother and son discussed other gang members who would "use violence" against that "high-ranking member," the documents say. Tyquan was irritated that the member involved his mother.

The district attorney also says that after Tyquan's release from prison, when he was arrested in connection with a store robbery, his mother tried to intimidate accomplices who had confessed.

Two individuals named in court documents as "John Doe" and "Jane Doe" told police that they participated in the robbery on May 11, 2018, in Monticello, New York. John Doe said he helped Tyquan Hilliard rob the store, according to court documents, and Jane Doe confessed to driving the getaway car.

But John Doe also told authorities about Tyquan Hilliard's position in the gang, other members of the Bloods and said he had information about other crimes.

When authorities shared videos of those confessions with the defense during the robbery trial's discovery phase, Tyquan Hilliard allegedly described them as "ammunition" and instructed his mother to upload those copies to YouTube. Court documents say she uploaded John Doe's video with the title "NYC Brim Gang Member Snitching Pt. 1"; she is accused of only facilitating the posting of Jane Doe's video.

Tyquan Hilliard also is alleged to have sent letters to the FBI and a district attorney in which he threatened to upload more videos of John Doe's confessions. The court documents say that both Jane and John Doe -- and John Doe's family -- received threats after the videos were uploaded.

Tyquan Hilliard was found guilty of the robbery, as well as assault, and is serving time in prison for the crimes.

If someone said, "Pick a region where DOJ is corrupt and helping gangs" I'd say "New York" and sure enough...

I think my opinions regarding conservatism and the GOP and Biff are relatively well established on here so I won't belabor that this one time. The other thing that's really stood out to me lately is the New Yowuk influence on the rest of the country. My Gawd if you want to fvck up some collective effort, put a bunch of eat-your-face, self aggrandizing yanks on it. This epstein (new yorker) deal was in a federal facility (NY) that just looks rotten AF from the floor up. Biff. Manafort. Even the dems (gillibrand, Schumer, DeBlasio) grate on my nerves. It seems like lately all roads of shitty malfeasance and disfunction lead through that region.

If someone said, "Pick a region where DOJ is corrupt and helping gangs" I'd say "New York" and sure enough...

I think my opinions regarding conservatism and the GOP and Biff are relatively well established on here so I won't belabor that this one time. The other thing that's really stood out to me lately is the New Yowuk influence on the rest of the country. My Gawd if you want to fvck up some collective effort, put a bunch of eat-your-face, self aggrandizing yanks on it. This epstein (new yorker) deal was in a federal facility (NY) that just looks rotten AF from the floor up. Biff. Manafort. Even the dems (gillibrand, Schumer, DeBlasio) grate on my nerves. It seems like lately all roads of shitty malfeasance and disfunction lead through that region.
You can take NY and shove it up Pokebear’s ass.

They might be great cities to you but IMO they are cesspools of crime, poverty and massive corruption.

So unlike our small oklahoma towns that dont have watwr in the summer, drunk cops, collapsing schools, massive poverty....

So unlike our small oklahoma towns that dont have watwr in the summer, drunk cops, collapsing schools, massive poverty....
Fair comparison...small towns with no money doing as good, or bad, as those with billions.

She had better spend a lot of time in jail rather than get a sweetheart probation deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT