ADVERTISEMENT

75th Geary Invitational

Plott lost to Ramirez. 4-3 I think. A little controversy at the end with a no takedown call for Plott.

Surber dominates to win 152.

Plott loses a barnburner to Ramirez at 170.
Plott's problem was not finishing when he got on the legs. I think it was super 32 he finished consistently when he was on a leg. KC and and Geary he didn't against top opponents. In the finals here I remember him having Ramirez's leg up 3 times without finishing. That cost him.

Plott's problem was not finishing when he got on the legs. I think it was super 32 he finished consistently when he was on a leg. KC and and Geary he didn't against top opponents. In the finals here I remember him having Ramirez's leg up 3 times without finishing. That cost him.

Good point. Coach Surber gave an interview immediately after the Stampede - he said the first thing Dustin said to him after the finals was "coach, we need to work on finishing".

Very confident he will, he's a terrific talent that gets to the legs on everyone.

Reactions: osu2082
Plott got screwed big time and John Smith was beside himself yelling for the two also. Ridiculous they didn’t award him the take down

Reactions: osu2082
Plott got screwed big time and John Smith was beside himself yelling for the two also. Ridiculous they didn’t award him the take down

You were right about Ramsey being tough on top. I think he rode Witcraft the entire period. Witcraft was too much for him in neutral though.

You were right about Ramsey being tough on top. I think he rode Witcraft the entire period. Witcraft was too much for him in neutral though.
Ramsey just needs to improve his stand up and he will be a very good high level kid. He is just a junior

My first impression was that Witcraft got worn down by Van Ness's pace and pressure. But he seemed to get tired fairly early, like the beginning of the 2nd. And that was after getting 3 takedowns in the 1st. Could it have been an adrenaline crash? Was curious what others think that saw the match.

And I'm not taking anything away from Van Ness, who's obviously terrific and belongs in the PFP rankings.
It was sad to watch Reece after the 1st period (dominated) just move to edges of the mat, take a lot of time getting to the center of the mat, stumbling around. Did not see this at all in the super 32 tournament nor in his other matches in this tournament and he appeared to struggle with injuries. Gassing would be an explanation but it sure occurred early in the match. He cut to 26 for super 32 you would think he would be in better shape at 32 unless he has been injured and not able to workout like normal ( knee or shoulder problems).

It was sad to watch Reece after the 1st period (dominated) just move to edges of the mat, take a lot of time getting to the center of the mat, stumbling around. Did not see this at all in the super 32 tournament nor in his other matches in this tournament and he appeared to struggle with injuries. Gassing would be an explanation but it sure occurred early in the match. He cut to 26 for super 32 you would think he would be in better shape at 32 unless he has been injured and not able to workout like normal ( knee or shoulder problems).

That quick takedown in the 1st period and then the sudden fatiguing reminded me of the Dake/Taylor NCAA final.

Taylor got a takedown in the first 15 seconds and Dake immediately escaped. Taylor said in an interview later he was "too excited" in the tunnel prior to the match and that he felt an energy letdown after the initial takedown.

No idea if that's what happened with Witcraft, but it would explain the early gassing. Hopefully his future matches against Van Ness go better than the subsequent Dake matches.

Wonder why they would broadcast it live on Flo but not archive the matches? Is it because they didn't use FloArena?

Wonder why they would broadcast it live on Flo but not archive the matches? Is it because they didn't use FloArena?

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that if they use FloArena the process to archive the matches is largely automated. Without that, though, someone has to go in and clip up the video which takes more time. I don't know if they plan to archive the Geary matches or not, but I imagine at least some of them will show up eventually.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that if they use FloArena the process to archive the matches is largely automated. Without that, though, someone has to go in and clip up the video which takes more time. I don't know if they plan to archive the Geary matches or not, but I imagine at least some of them will show up eventually.
They did show the Van Ness versus Witcraft match after the tournament which is when I watched it.

They did show the Van Ness versus Witcraft match after the tournament which is when I watched it.

They have the finals up on Flo. I forgot about this - Ramirez called timeout at the beginning of the 3rd period to fix his headgear. Only problem was nothing was wrong with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT