ADVERTISEMENT

266,000 new jobs for April...

Sunburnt Indian

Heisman Candidate
Nov 7, 2001
Edge of the Comancheria
1 million jobs were expected. So Fox Business tells me. Most new jobs are in hospitality and services. Manufacturing lost 18,000 jobs. Unemployment rate is 6.1%.

Biden's economic policies aren't even in place yet. Biden promised economic stagnation and higher crime rates. 74 million of us listened. 81 million of us didn't get the message? I don't believe it.

yet, the unemployment rate has dropped since the Great Pumpkin was in office.

Yea there is an honest comparison. If you are one of those trying to compare unemployment numbers during a government forced economic shut down to a time where the economy is opening back up, your opinion can not be taken seriously. By the way unemployment went up this month not down dramatically like was expected. SMFH.

Yea there is an honest comparison. If you are one of those trying to compare unemployment numbers during a government forced economic shut down to a time where the economy is opening back up, your opinion can not be taken seriously. By the way unemployment went up this month not down dramatically like was expected. SMFH.
Don't even try. They'd rather look ignorant trying to prove a point than do the research.

Last edited:
yet, the unemployment rate has dropped since the Great Pumpkin was in office.
mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I guess we need more stimulus checks

What we need is government to get out of the way. Government created the problem with the lockdowns and are continuing the problem with the extension of additional unemployment benefits. I hate to say it but there are a bunch of lazy people with absolutely zero self respect that would rather sit on their ass than take care of themselves.
I remember being laid off when I was working as a machinist and going to college. They gave me all the paperwork I needed to go down and file for unemployment. I drove over to the Texas unemployment office the line was out the door and went around two sides of the building. I said fvck that and went down the street and got a job. Started working the next day making about the same as I would've on unemployment. Ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made as I met my wife of 36 years there.

What we need is government to get out of the way. Government created the problem with the lockdowns and are continuing the problem with the extension of additional unemployment benefits. I hate to say it but there are a bunch of lazy people with absolutely zero self respect that would rather sit on their ass than take care of themselves.
I remember being laid off when I was working as a machinist and going to college. They gave me all the paperwork I needed to go down and file for unemployment. I drove over to the Texas unemployment office the line was out the door and went around two sides of the building. I said fvck that and went down the street and got a job. Started working the next day making about the same as I would've on unemployment. Ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made as I met my wife of 36 years there.
Wow amazing story!

Son-in-law cannot staff his steakhouse. Worse he's ever seen. After forced lockdown reopen, he called people. Many decided to stay home for more money. It's grown worse under Hugo Biden.

There's been days, saloon remains closed or doesn't open till 3 PM. No bartender.

Wife and I dined at Outback, Young female server told us she could work all the double shifts she wanted.

Kelcey at daughter's steakhouse said she made $950 last week working 50 hours. Much of it tax free cash.

Son-in-law cannot staff his steakhouse. Worse he's ever seen. After forced lockdown reopen, he called people. Many decided to stay home for more money. It's grown worse under Hugo Biden.

There's been days, saloon remains closed or doesn't open till 3 PM. No bartender.

Wife and I dined at Outback, Young female server told us she could work all the double shifts she wanted.

Kelcey at daughter's steakhouse said she made $950 last week working 50 hours. Much of it tax free cash.
Raise the pay or improve working conditions. Go on Linkedin and look at how many applicants job openings have.

Raise the pay or improve working conditions. Go on Linkedin and look at how many applicants job openings have.

Private citizens or private business should not have to compete with government. Especially when unemployment benefits are funded by those same private citizens and private business in the form of taxes and unemployment insurance premiums.

Private citizens or private business should not have to compete with government. Especially when unemployment benefits are funded by those same private citizens and private business in the form of taxes and unemployment insurance premiums.
Why not?

2012Bearcat offers up a clear explanation using small words.

Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?

Acrophobia is an unfriendly subject for those with a limited ability to reason. The answer to the M question is found in my declaration. The answer for Why not? is found in 2012Bearcat's declaration.

FWIW: iasooner2000 once answered correctly the heights question without my declaration. So did McJacknife recently at SoonerScoop. So did soonerinlOUisiana at the old OOB.

Reactions: iasooner2000
2012Bearcat offers up a clear explanation using small words.

Are there any among us who has a fear of heights?

Acrophobia is an unfriendly subject for those with a limited ability to reason. The answer to the M question is found in my declaration. The answer for Why not? is found in 2012Bearcat's declaration.

FWIW: iasooner2000 once answered correctly the heights question without my declaration. So did McJacknife recently at SoonerScoop. So did soonerinlOUisiana at the old OOB.
Have fun not having any employees while you convince America that $300 a month extra unemployment is too much during a pandemic

Have fun not having any employees while you convince America that $300 a month extra unemployment is too much during a pandemic

How can one person be so misinformed? Its not $300 a month you moron, it's $300 a week or $1299 a month and that is on top of the normal unemployment benefit. Hell it was $600 a week or $2598 a month.

How can one person be so misinformed? Its not $300 a month you moron, it's $300 a week or $1299 a month and that is on top of the normal unemployment benefit. Hell it was $600 a week or $2598 a month.
I didn't even bother to respond. I'm mildly surprised you wasted the time.

I wouldn't have called our brother a moron even though he never stops trying to convince us.

Yikes. Shirley zhe'll fact check zhimself. Zhe took something back alley back in the day or something. Brain wired like an unripe cantaloupe. Steeeeerange.

My bad
Have fun not having any employees while you convince America that $1299 a month extra unemployment is too much during a pandemic

$15/hour wouldn’t outbid unemployment at this point. That is a problem, especially in a state like Oklahoma.
Is it it really a problem that their is pressure to pay workers more than $15 an hour? $30K a year?

Could it be that labor growth has slowed because we have fewer available workers?
granted some people are not jumping at crappy jobs as they do get money to not work. I love the argument of do not exchange ideas as we might not grasp them.
What do you define as a crappy job? There are a lot of decent-paying jobs out there, but people would rather stay home and live off the government. Just like before the pandemic, people will compromise a lifestyle to sleep in in the morning and now it’s growing and getting worse.

Last edited:
is it really a problem if you force up the labor costs without forcing up up the value being added?
yes it is a problem. it will fuel inflation by causing companies to raise prices to cover the increase in costs, the auto industry comes to mind. econ 101.

progressives couldn't find their asses with both hands and a road map.

is it really a problem if you force up the labor costs without forcing up up the value being added?
If you rely on paying people less than $30K a year to add value, maybe you aren't actually adding value at all.

yes it is a problem. it will fuel inflation by causing companies to raise prices to cover the increase in costs, the auto industry comes to mind. econ 101.

progressives couldn't find their asses with both hands and a road map.
Or maybe inefficient low value add employers will shut down.

Is it it really a problem that their is pressure to pay workers more than $15 an hour? $30K a year?

If you rely on paying people less than $30K a year to add value, maybe you aren't actually adding value at all.
If the market for McDonald's cashiers actually demanded $15 an hour they'd already be making it.

1 million jobs were expected. So Fox Business tells me. Most new jobs are in hospitality and services. Manufacturing lost 18,000 jobs. Unemployment rate is 6.1%.

Biden's economic policies aren't even in place yet. Biden promised economic stagnation and higher crime rates. 74 million of us listened. 81 million of us didn't get the message? I don't believe it.

This is a rite of passage.

1) Republican President leaves office with a recession,

2) democrat takes over, Republicans bitch because Democrats aren't restoring the economy fast enough,

3) Republicans get elected and we have another recession.

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT