ADVERTISEMENT

22 sharps

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
there are several people importing a mini sharps rifle. Cimarron Arms, Pedersoli, Chiappa, Taylor and Company, & maybe others. Not sure if they're all made by the same manufacturer and just imported by different groups or if there are more than one manufacturer.

Anyone know anything about them? Considering the 22 LR or a 22 Hornet. Just looks like a damn hoot.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
Ok, has anyone shot any of the imported Sharps of any caliber that would like to report their experience?

I haven't except to look at them. I'd love one in 22 hornet! Would you stay with the iron sights or try to put some glass on it? (Where can you get contemporary quality in a retro period scope?

I did a little looking around on these, from what I can tell, Chiappa makes one and Pedersoli makes another. At first, it appeared it was Chiappa making these exclusively and then going through different distributors (Taylor and Company, etc.), but from what I can gather it's either Pedersoli or Chiappa. I would go with Pedersoli, I've had my fill of Chiappa for one lifetime, and it wasn't a horrible experience, but many people have had issues and their customer service sucks. I had an issue with the butt pad on my Chiappa Triple Threat and their customer service was less than helpful. About a month and a half later, I ended up receiving a new pad in the mail after all but giving up. Small issue, but I swore I woudnt deal with the them again.

Anywho, very cool looking little guns, they do look like lots of fun.

I haven't except to look at them. I'd love one in 22 hornet! Would you stay with the iron sights or try to put some glass on it? (Where can you get contemporary quality in a retro period scope?

I would keep it iron sights. I know there is at least one manufacturer of quality glass for period rifles, but personally, I don't like the looks of them. And for a 22 LR or Hornet, I could easily live without an optic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT