ADVERTISEMENT

I think in a college setting, all things equal, I think Smith develops wrestlers as good or better than anyone. All things aren’t equal though. I feel we are shooting ourself in the foot. It’s a bit frustrating watching it happen.
Dead horse meet Tom.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I like your passion for OKLA STATE wrestling Tom. I just don’t want you to be frustrated about something we have no control over. Focus on the positives. We are on an upward trajectory and there is nothing that makes me think we won’t be changing the name of this board in the next couple of years.

I like your passion for OKLA STATE wrestling Tom. I just don’t want you to be frustrated about something we have no control over. Focus on the positives. We are on an upward trajectory and there is nothing that makes me think we won’t be changing the name of this board in the next couple of years.
Flow said we are in the running for Andrew McNally 174 senior transfer from Kent St. who is rated 9th in Division 1. That would indicate that maybe we would like to redshirt Plott ( fix shoulder with lots of rehab possibly). Also possibly indicates that Montalvo if he makes 174 doesn't have much there.

Flow said we are in the running for Andrew McNally 174 senior transfer from Kent St. who is rated 9th in Division 1. That would indicate that maybe we would like to redshirt Plott ( fix shoulder with lots of rehab possibly). Also possibly indicates that Montalvo if he makes 174 doesn't have much there.
Has Geer decided if he's coming back or not? If he's not coming back maybe Taco can go 184 next year with McNally going 174

These are good points. I think too it's important to be supportive of our success even if it's not winning the overall trophy. Yeah, we all want it, but the last thing we need to do is call for Coach's head (not saying that anybody is). Let the football crowd handle that kind of nonsense. If you look at the NCAA winners over the last couple decades, we're still in very elite company. Iowa's last title was in 2010. Ohio State won in 2015, and that's it for them. Minnesota last won in 2007. PSU has been dominant as we know. I'm pretty happy with a top three team despite not having illegal advantages. Yes, I absolutely want us to be #1 again.

This page lists NCAA Championship winners and you can go in to each year specifically.

Reactions: tom_v31
That is for sure. Yes, I am a positive person 97% of the time. I wonder if we, as fans, and I would say we are the more inner circle, could voice enough of an opinion to make a difference, in some little way. But, you make a VERY valid point and maybe nobody close to OSU is listening, which in turn is disheartening. That being said, I do love the trajectory of OSU and positivity is always the best path....especially if no one at OSU is listening.

Listened to Willie's show today and he thought we were in play for Woods and Parco. He said Parco is not locked in at UVU so that's good news

If we got both that would make 2022 interesting. Iowa would still be the heavy favorite followed by PSU but we would be right there with them.

I think our plans for 2022 has a lot to do with what Fixs plans are and who we can bring in transfer wise.

If we got both that would make 2022 interesting. Iowa would still be the heavy favorite followed by PSU but we would be right there with them.

I think our plans for 2022 has a lot to do with what Fixs plans are and who we can bring in transfer wise.

What are Fix's options? Surely he can't or wouldn't want to redshirt. Are you saying he might leave?

What are Fix's options? Surely he can't or wouldn't want to redshirt. Are you saying he might leave?

Im just not 100% confident Fix wrestles in college for the remaining 3 years he has eligibility to do so. I think there is a possibility we will have him for only 2 more years.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Im just not 100% confident Fix wrestles in college for the remaining 3 years he has eligibility to do so. I think there is a possibility we will have him for only 2 more years.

Gotcha and that makes sense. I think it is a lot to ask of Fix to use all of those years when he already entered college pretty old.

Reactions: osu2082
I’m assuming we will know soon about transfers. There has to be a lot of moving pieces. I know it’s been mentioned several times before, but no news on Geer yet?
Just looked on rokfin and Willie has Dakota ranked#7 for next year. He must know he's coming back I guess

Reactions: turfpoke
Willie has also said on multiple occasions that sheets isn’t coming back and he’s not in the rankings but unless something changed when he was a all-american I thought he would be back for at least one more year.

Reactions: DPJ
Willie has also said on multiple occasions that sheets isn’t coming back and he’s not in the rankings but unless something changed when he was a all-american I thought he would be back for at least one more year.
I noticed that too, he's only a rs junior don't know why he wouldn't come back

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
That is strange. I’ve seen nothing to make me think Wyatt is not coming back.

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn and DPJ
We don’t have a great option at 141 for the future or right now so that should be where we look in the portal. We can patch work 149 with G and Hone and still have sheets at 157 so voinovich and the younger mastro can redshirt so there’s not a huge need for a 149/157 for the future and I would think we need to be saving scholarship money for other holes. Also i don’t really think Voinovich is a 157 and Mastro has the frame for 165 but I think his best option is 157.

Reactions: JAY45 and turfpoke
We don’t have a great option at 141 for the future or right now so that should be where we look in the portal. We can patch work 149 with G and Hone and still have sheets at 157 so voinovich and the younger mastro can redshirt so there’s not a huge need for a 149/157 for the future and I would think we need to be saving scholarship money for other holes. Also i don’t really think Voinovich is a 157 and Mastro has the frame for 165 but I think his best option is 157.

The older Mastro was initially talked about as a multi-year guy at 141 but him making 125 last year makes me question if he will get that big although he still has 4 years so you never know.

The older Mastro was initially talked about as a multi-year guy at 141 but him making 125 last year makes me question if he will get that big although he still has 4 years so you never know.
Yeah I think he could probably make 125 for a while longer but I’m not sure if he’s a 141 he’s always been tall and lankey but I hope he can make 125 for 2 more years and then probably redshirt and go 133 for 2 years after fix graduates. Also I think Joey Cruz would be a huge get and a perfect fit at 125.

Reactions: DPJ and osu2082
Yeah I think he could probably make 125 for a while longer but I’m not sure if he’s a 141 he’s always been tall and lankey but I hope he can make 125 for 2 more years and then probably redshirt and go 133 for 2 years after fix graduates. Also I think Joey Cruz would be a huge get and a perfect fit at 125.
This post is informational only and I have no information on where he is choosing to go but Gabriel Tagg RS freshman at North Carolina at 141 pounds is in the transfer portal. He was 15-5 as a true freshman in 2019-20 at 141. He was a bronze medalist at the 2019 U.S. Junior world championships and U.S. Open champion for team USA at 61kg. He trained at the U.S. Olympic training center.

I’m trying to turn a new leaf and be positive but this is truly pushing my limits. Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive. I hope this is Misinformation
The Ultimate Club duals include a team from Blair and Young Mastro is not on the team. It may be he is not wrestling in his senior year. I know at Who's number one he was tossed on his head by Gallagher who was much bigger than Mastro wrestling 160. Gallagher won the match because Mastro tried to roll when he was picked up and so Gallagher was not at fault. I have never heard after he defaulted how badly he was hurt. The last 2 years so many of our recruits have not had much of a senior year. Didn't hurt Ferrari but Plott wasn't as good as we thought( because of injury that may have taken him out of his senior year).

Last edited:
Willie here.

Sorry if i came off as definitive re: Sheetz - i don't know for sure.

For a lot of programs there are moving parts right now. Some of the coaches aren't even sure. In crystal ball i had Geer in and Sheetz out just on gut feeling. that couldn't certainly be flipped. I will continue to update based on new info.

thanks for listening to the show though. and reading.

i do think Real Woods is in play for you (that would be my pick if i were Real)

and things heating up with Bouzakis.

Willie here.

For a lot of programs there are moving parts right now. Some of the coaches aren't even sure. In crystal ball i had Geer in and Sheetz out just on gut feeling. that couldn't certainly be flipped. I will continue to update based on new info.

Willie your the wrestling media king. Appreciate your work and love when u talk about the cowboys!

Reno this weekend, great matches everywhere. But check out 18u Joey Cruz in town, could meet up with Clayton Giddens in the finals.

The Ultimate Club duals include a team from Blair and Young Mastro is not on the team. It may be he is not wrestling in his senior year. I know at Who's number one he was tossed on his head by Gallagher who was much bigger than Mastro wrestling 160. Gallagher won the match because Mastro tried to roll when he was picked up and so Gallagher was not at fault. I have never heard after he defaulted how badly he was hurt. The last 2 years so many of our recruits have not had much of a senior year. Didn't hurt Ferrari but Plott wasn't as good as we thought( because of injury that may have taken him out of his senior year).
Gonna disagree, what Plott showed as an injured true freshman leads me to believe he is everything we thought he would be.

Willie here.

Thanks for the info. You are welcome here anytime. You do a great job for a sport we all love.

Off topic but watch out for the Bixby FR Giddens-Burttram. Not sure he is in your ranking but if not, he should be! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT