ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Line-Up predictions

Any chance the ranking matches will be live streamed?

It would have to be espn+ because we no longer contract with flow and don’t know that we can do our own anymore. Not sure but it would be awesome!

Some schools have streamed their wrestle-offs on Facebook in the past.
Hopefully that is not what they do. Given Covid, restricted attendance etc, wouldve be nice if John had mentioned specific broadcast plans or maybe I missed it.

Hopefully that is not what they do. Given Covid, restricted attendance etc, wouldve be nice if John had mentioned specific broadcast plans or maybe I missed it.
Watching some of the RTC tournament I watched Stevenson beat Gwiz and Carson Karchla beat Mekhi Lewis soundly. Wish some Cowboys were in this, but mostly wish we really had an RTC.

Watching some of the RTC tournament I watched Stevenson beat Gwiz and Carson Karchla beat Mekhi Lewis soundly. Wish some Cowboys were in this, but mostly wish we really had an RTC.

Was also surprised Vito Arujau beat Nahshon Garrett. The OTT @ 57 kg is going to be crazy from the quarters on.

Maybe the Karchla win over Lewis was not as big as I thought because today Lewis lost to Wick also. Lewis might not be at his best yet.

Maybe the Karchla win over Lewis was not as big as I thought because today Lewis lost to Wick also. Lewis might not be at his best yet.
What does Wick wrestling for Gopher WC mean, if anything? Is he not wrestling his last year or did he transfer?

Flow called them mercenaries, Wick, Gross etc.

Yep, each team was allowed someone from another RTC. Derek White was actually on the original poster/tweet, but then didn't wrestle for some reason.

Talmage Carman won the Western States Covid Crush this weekend @ 195. Hope he ends up signing. The last guy to verbal right before the signing period began, but then didn't actually sign was Elise Brown Ton.

Yep, each team was allowed someone from another RTC. Derek White was actually on the original poster/tweet, but then didn't wrestle for some reason.

Talmage Carman won the Western States Covid Crush this weekend @ 195. Hope he ends up signing. The last guy to verbal right before the signing period began, but then didn't actually sign was Elise Brown Ton.
Anyone know anything about an Orange/Black dual which was mentioned by Coach Smith a month ago and it would be nice if ESPN+ covered it?

I dropped my Rokfin account over the summer, but they still send me emails. Got one today that Mizzou is having their wrestle-offs tonight on Rokfin.

Any chance the coaches are thinking about starting a Rokfin channel? We could use the marketing.

I dropped my Rokfin account over the summer, but they still send me emails. Got one today that Mizzou is having their wrestle-offs tonight on Rokfin.

Any chance the coaches are thinking about starting a Rokfin channel? We could use the marketing.
I sure hope so. Seems like every other week different rtc's are having an event and we're sitting on the sidelines. Recruiting has been great the last couple years, but I think we need to keep up with the Jones's for that to continue. That being said the near future does look bright!

Reactions: Wrassler17
I think we need to get on board. Separate Rokfin channels for the RTC and for the team would be great, but I'd settle for just a team channel at this point.

There is so much marketing potential. Besides streaming the wrestle-offs, the coaches could do technique videos, the wrestlers could share stories, the NWHOF could do guest expos on Cowboy greats, etc. So many ways to highlight the program.

Reactions: DPJ
Montalvo certified at 285, meaning he weighed over 197. I don’t think with the weight loss plan he can make 174 on such a short season, depending on his weight he might not make 184!

Montalvo certified at 285, meaning he weighed over 197. I don’t think with the weight loss plan he can make 174 on such a short season, depending on his weight he might not make 184!

Wow! When was this? That would seem 184 is the only weight he will he contesting or possibly even 197 if Ferrari isn’t healthy (pure speculation).

Montalvo was the first one on the team to certify. That was on October 22. I believe based on the weight loss rules, he could technically be @ 174 right now.

Half the team has still not certified, even some of the heavyweights.

Last edited:
Montalvo was the first one on the team to certify. That was on October 22. I believe based on the weight loss rules, he could technically be @ 174 right now.

Half the team has still not certified, even the some of the heavyweights.

I was going to post last night, but never did. Unless something has changed, and I’m pretty certain it hasn’t, Anthony is aiming to 174. And there’s not really much concern about him making it.

Also interested to see how the heavyweight competition is shaping up. Konner Doucet looks like he put on some good size. And George Marsh posted that he's dropped 30 lbs, which should put him around 250.

When is OSU going to enter the 21st century? No TV access to the orange and black, outdated RTC? Social media access is abysmal. The cowboys have so much potential and are missing on all cylinders with modernization. This isn’t the 80s and 90s. Old school philosophy vs new school philosophy.

Reactions: cearle462
Happy New year to you Ja. Please do that, would love to see them go at it on Facebook. I watch all my local high school football games on Facebook. Parents film them.

Yes sir. Also hearing plott is out of the orange and black. Not sure why. Maybe injury?

Got a link for those who don't use facebook?

125-Whitcraft vs colton cline
125- mastrogiovanni vs Burks
133-Fix vs price Perrier
133 Andrew nieman vs colt newton
141-Brock vs Hone
149-Lewallan vs ,Gfeller.
157-Sheets vs Jalen Harper
157 manibog vs McLane.
165- Wittlake vs Joey Sanchez
174-Plott vs Cade Lindsay
174- Christian bhal vs jaquan Jackson
184-Geer vs Christian mcCutcheon
197-Ferrari Vs surber
HWT-Doucet vs Webb

125-Whitcraft vs colton cline
125- mastrogiovanni vs Burks
133-Fix vs price Perrier
133 Andrew nieman vs colt newton
141-Brock vs Hone
149-Lewallan vs ,Gfeller.
157-Sheets vs Jalen Harper
157 manibog vs McLane.
165- Wittlake vs Joey Sanchez
174-Plott vs Cade Lindsay
174- Christian bhal vs jaquan Jackson
184-Geer vs Christian mcCutcheon
197-Ferrari Vs surber
HWT-Doucet vs Webb
Keep an eye out for Surber to be the next Cowboy to bulk up to HWT

Really stinks Taco is out. He vs Plott or Geer were going to be one of the matches of the day.

The weight certifications have been updated in Trackwrestling - looks like everyone made scratch. Montalvo made 174 & Witcraft made 125.

Sounds like Smith will put Mastro on the 1’s this weekend. I don’t know if he has enough offense to hang with the top end 25s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT