ADVERTISEMENT

2020 2021 Line up predictions

If he is going heavy eventually as some has said then RS bulk up and get ready for it. It seems like I’ve seen somewhere he is around 220# now. Get him up to around 245# and used to the weight.

if he is going 197# that needs to be his career if he can pull and maintain that weight. If he is top in the room then no RS lets go.

I just want to see us put a heavy out there that is at least 245# and would rather be 260# - 270# that can move. White was really lite his Jr yr and was usually smaller then top wrestlers his Sr yr but had good speed and skill to of set that

I’m pretty certain he will be at 197 at least for awhile. He is currently at 210 and that is after an offseason of lifting and “bulking.”

Haas the other highly regarded blue chipper coming in the following year actually has the frame to develop into a legitimate high end HWY in my opinion.

Reactions: DPJ and Air_Thurman
If he is going heavy eventually as some has said then RS bulk up and get ready for it. It seems like I’ve seen somewhere he is around 220# now. Get him up to around 245# and used to the weight.

if he is going 197# that needs to be his career if he can pull and maintain that weight. If he is top in the room then no RS lets go.

I just want to see us put a heavy out there that is at least 245# and would rather be 260# - 270# that can move. White was really lite his Jr yr and was usually smaller then top wrestlers his Sr yr but had good speed and skill to of set that

Its most likely easier to get him to 197 than it is to get him to 245+...but, if we could march him out at 250 with his current skill set, he could be a 4x Finalist.

Its most likely easier to get him to 197 than it is to get him to 245+...but, if we could march him out at 250 with his current skill set, he could be a 4x Finalist.

I agree and disagree. This kid is a monster so I don't think four time finalist is out of the question wherever he wrestles. That being said, heavyweight is going to be an absolute meat grinder the next four years. Maybe more talent than ever. I wouldn't put anything past the kid but a finalist at heavyweight in his first couple of years would be extremely hard.

I agree and disagree. This kid is a monster so I don't think four time finalist is out of the question wherever he wrestles. That being said, heavyweight is going to be an absolute meat grinder the next four years. Maybe more talent than ever. I wouldn't put anything past the kid but a finalist at heavyweight in his first couple of years would be extremely hard.

The smart move for him is 197, imo. The chances if him getting up to 250+ and retaining his speed/skill are pretty slim. Throw in the Gable, Parris and Cassiossippolline...theres a bunch of buzzsaws!

Reactions: Air_Thurman
197 has a bunch of young talent coming in... we should know. Kerkvliet, Amos, Haas, and possibly Ferrari. Probably a couple others.

197 has a bunch of young talent coming in... we should know. Kerkvliet, Amos, Haas, and possibly Ferrari. Probably a couple others.

Kerk is already a HWY and Haas is likely to be so as well (for the good guys).

HWY is going to be nuts the next few years... Gable, Kerk, Cassioppi, Paris, Schultz, Hilger and Catka.

Then that would seem to be the thing for Ferrari to stay down if his natural weight is below, say 210. He needs to ease up on the weights and realize unless he wants to be a body builder there is no real benefit to being big and pumped up like his dad and uncle. Much cooler and healthier to stay muscular but lean. What will Amos end up as?

Then that would seem to be the thing for Ferrari to stay down if his natural weight is below, say 210. He needs to ease up on the weights and realize unless he wants to be a body builder there is no real benefit to being big and pumped up like his dad and uncle. Much cooler and healthier to stay muscular but lean. What will Amos end up as?

Amos will also be a 197 early and like AJ potentially his entire career.

G has been over to our house a couple of times in the past week, and he is most certainly on the OSU wrestling team and will wrestle for OSU this fall.

Fantastic to hear. He has NC caliber talent if he can put the mental and physical side together.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
Fantastic to hear. He has NC caliber talent if he can put the mental and physical side together.
If G does wrestle and is committed to wrestling? Our lineup should be Daton at 25, Brock at 133 , G at 41, Boo at 49, Sheets at 57, Wittlake at 65, Plott at 74, Montalvo at 84, Geer at 97 and Streck at HWT. Potentially a fantastic lineup with lots of All Americans.

Reactions: DPJ and BigD_cowboy
I would be really surprised to see Brock at 133. He has put on muscle and been planning to go 141 since last year.
Flo is doing a series with each States all time teams and today they picked Ohio over Oklahoma. Their worst pick by them was Dustin Schlatter over Kenny Monday at 149. Schlatter won as a freshman and then injuries dropped him down after his freshman year. A freshman Schlatter could beat a senior Monday is very questionable. They don't even mention yes he was a 1 time champ but he had Nate Carr in his weight class.

You guys ever read any of the wrestling threads on orangepower.com? One of the regular posters on there says a possible title contender at 174 could be transferring to the cowboys. Any ideas who he's talking about? The only guy I could think of would be little Valencia

You guys ever read any of the wrestling threads on orangepower.com? One of the regular posters on there says a possible title contender at 174 could be transferring to the cowboys. Any ideas who he's talking about? The only guy I could think of would be little Valencia

I “think” it might stem from some inside information that started over on the PFB board and the thought is that it is Evan Wick from Wisconsin who is a 2x AA (4th and 3rd) at 165 but some think he would/could bump to 174.

I guess the younger Valencia could be an option and he could be looking for a new home based on the issues with his brother and Pendleton leaving.

Reactions: DPJ
I “think” it might stem from some inside information that started over on the PFB board and the thought is that it is Evan Wick from Wisconsin who is a 2x AA (4th and 3rd) at 165 but some think he would/could bump to 174.

I guess the younger Valencia could be an option and he could be looking for a new home based on the issues with his brother and Pendleton leaving.

Wick would be a huge pickup. Plott could redshirt and it would help with recruiting Wick's younger brother

Wick would be a huge pickup. Plott could redshirt and it would help with recruiting Wick's younger brother

What was interesting and add some fuel to the speculation is the youngest Wick released his top schools list and Wisconsin where his oldest brother graduated from and where Evan is currently enrolled was not among his finalists...

What was interesting and add some fuel to the speculation is the youngest Wick released his top schools list and Wisconsin where his oldest brother graduated from and where Evan is currently enrolled was not among his finalists...
I thought that was interesting also. Let's hope it's more than just speculation

Reactions: osu2082
Wick took 4th @ 74 kg at Senior Nationals, which qualified him for the OTT. So if he goes 174, he'd have to cut down after Nationals. But Daton has shown it can be done (Gross was going to do it also).

Long-term Wick makes some sense. Besides the younger brother angle, he could join the RTC after graduation and compete at 74 kg / 79 kg. Be a very good partner for the 165s - 184s. Basically replacing Alex.

Somewhat related, Zahid signed with ASU's RTC so he's not coming. I suppose Anthony could (along with Cael Valencia), but he might end up staying and then going 79 kg at their RTC.

Reactions: DPJ
Wick would be a massive get as a transfer and would be a great fit. I have nothing to add, other than hoping it is him.

A quick audit of the online directory shows that any speculation of mentioned guys in the past year (Wick, Streck, Simmons) are not enrolled, all recruits other than Dopps are enrolled neither of the Wilsons from last years team are enrolled along with the guys going to Little Rock.

A quick audit of the online directory shows that any speculation of mentioned guys in the past year (Wick, Streck, Simmons) are not enrolled, all recruits other than Dopps are enrolled neither of the Wilsons from last years team are enrolled along with the guys going to Little Rock.
I don't see Wick enrolled at Wisconsin either.

Streck not being here would be a pretty big blow.
I do not have any info on Streck but the fact he is not enrolled at OK State might not mean anything. He was attending Northern Oklahoma college and may not enroll until 2nd semester or he may have left although he seemed pretty intent on being a cowboy by his move here. I agree this is a very important key for the future.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT