ADVERTISEMENT

2020 2021 Line up predictions

Feb 10, 2020
125: Picc 133:Fix 141: Brock 149: Boo 157:Sheets 165:Whittlake 174 : Joe 184: Montalvo 197:Geer HWT: Ferrari If they Get a year back could be an awesome line up . Also could redshirt all but one incoming freshman.

Last edited:
125: Picc 133:Fix 141: Brock 149: Boo 157:Sheets 165:Whittlake 174 : Joe 184: Montalvo 197:Geer HWT: Ferrari If they Get a year back could be an awesome line up . Also could redshirt all but one incoming freshman.

Do we want Joe at 174 again? Also, what if Geer went to 184, Ferrari at 197, and Streck at HWT?

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
125:picc 133:Fix 141: Brock 149: Boo 157:Sheets 165:Whittlake 174 : Joe 184:Taco 197:Geer HWT: Ferrari If they Get a year back could be an awesome line up . Also could redshirt all but one incoming freshman.
Do we want Joe at 174 again? Also, what if Geer went to 184, Ferrari at 197, and Streck at HWT?
If he wrestles like he did at the Big 12 Definitely. I think Ferrari is better than Streck I think he was just a round of 12 guy for Purdue .

If he wrestles like he did at the Big 12 Definitely. I think Ferrari is better than Streck I think he was just a round of 12 guy for Purdue .
Actually Streck was round of 16 but he was a freshman and his losses were to #4-Kasper (in SV) and #5 Stoll. Wasn’t the last word that Ferrari was likely a career 197? The team you listed is very, very good. Still, it would have a hard time matching what Iowa would throw out adding Eirman to this years lineup. I would prefer redshirting all Fr. It may be a pipe dream but add a 197 transfer with Streck and there is a chance. I am a huge fan of both Montalvo and Geer but it doesn’t look like either can realistically wrestle at 197.
184-Montalvo/Geer
197-Transfer
285-Streck

Actually Streck was round of 16 but he was a freshman and his losses were to #4-Kasper (in SV) and #5 Stoll. Wasn’t the last word that Ferrari was likely a career 197? The team you listed is very, very good. Still, it would have a hard time matching what Iowa would throw out adding Eirman to this years lineup. I would prefer redshirting all Fr. It may be a pipe dream but add a 197 transfer with Streck and there is a chance. I am a huge fan of both Montalvo and Geer but it doesn’t look like either can realistically wrestle at 197.
184-Montalvo/Geer
197-Transfer
285-Streck
He has said he wants to wrestle HWT. I think Geer with a whole off season to gain size and get used to the weight will be a different animal.

184-Montalvo/Geer
197-Transfer
285-Streck

while a lot of this depends on what the NCAA does in terms of eligibility, I think we will have a log jam and probably redshirting is best. I really like what Montalvo did this year and think he has a chance to be a multiple time AA. If Geer is set on going at 197, lifting and getting to that weight starting now, I think he can be an AA at that weight. Hard to know if Picc wouldn't come back given that opportunity AND what Joe Smith's real desire is to wrestle another year. Brock and G are both questions - I have no inside information, but am not convinced G will be at his best at 141. And no idea who is better when both G and Brock are at that weight.

And if the NCAA grants another year, Iowa will have Lugo and Eirman at 149.

I’m starting to feel like the NCAA will grant an extra year to anyone that wants it.

It’s not just Iowa we are up against, it’s also Michigan, and Cornell, and if an extra year is granted then Ohio State and Penn State put together some pretty nasty lineups also.

It’s not just Iowa we are up against, it’s also Michigan, and Cornell, and if an extra year is granted then Ohio State and Penn State put together some pretty nasty lineups also.
If an extra year is granted Penn St will be back on top. :(

Taco will be at 184 unless he can or wants to drop to 174 but he will be a 4 year starter.

I’m pretty sure that A.J. will start out at 197.

AJ has made it pretty clear he wants to be a HW and isn't looking to rs. He'd be a lot like Cassar at HW.
This lineup still has nothing on iowa next year. Better hope Jojo is finally done.

Reactions: vhsalum
I think Hall, Cenzo and for sure Cassar will move on regardless of what is decided with the NCAA.
I heard Cassar is going MMA but I would think Hall and Cenzo would come back if they could? Which would make Penn. St. the favorite instead of Iowa. Also I would want Ferrari to redshirt if he is to wrestle HWT to get a little bigger and stronger because they have a bunch of young monsters at HWT at this time. I think it would be to our advantage if the NCAA does not give all qualifiers an extra year? If they do I think the lineup will be Pic, Fix, Brock, Lewallan, Sheets, Wittlake, Smith, Montalvo, Geer and Streck. A much better lineup than this year but not a challenger for the title. I like Ferrari being at 197 with Haas after a redshirt at HWT. They are probably close to the same size. I hope we don't end up with 2 HWT's.

Reactions: Pacemaker5
I heard Cassar is going MMA but I would think Hall and Cenzo would come back if they could? Which would make Penn. St. the favorite instead of Iowa. Also I would want Ferrari to redshirt if he is to wrestle HWT to get a little bigger and stronger because they have a bunch of young monsters at HWT at this time. I think it would be to our advantage if the NCAA does not give all qualifiers an extra year? If they do I think the lineup will be Pic, Fix, Brock, Lewallan, Sheets, Wittlake, Smith, Montalvo, Geer and Streck. A much better lineup than this year but not a challenger for the title. I like Ferrari being at 197 with Haas after a redshirt at HWT. They are probably close to the same size. I hope we don't end up with 2 HWT's.

Most of the talk among PSU fans in the know has been that Hall is ready to move on to full time freestyle aspirations and start making $$.

Well sure, problem for all others is - at Penn St you can do all 3. :(

Haha very true. Oddly enough the only senior who most think would likely return is the least talented and accomplished in Rasheed who would be potentially back for his 7th year!

Unlikely, based on reports, that Winter NCAA athletes get an extra year.

I don’t see the NCAA granting another year to wrestlers or basketball players. Even if they did they would not increase your amount of scholarships, so who would lose theirs. The returning seniors or the incoming freshmen.

So if seniors are not allowed another year . Line-up guesses are 125: Fix. 133: Whitcraft 141: Brock 149: Boo 157: Sheets 165 : Whittlake 174 : Surber 184 : Montalvo 197 : Geer HWT: Ferrari

I'm a bit surprised everyone has Daton penciled in at 125. I can't see him holding that weight for an entire season.
Well he wouldn't have to hold 125 for the whole season and he is 125 for freestyle, correct? He could wrestle 133 for fall tournaments thru scuffle but weigh in such that could go 125 for first tough dual, let backup wrestle easier competition, and only wrestle the ones that matter and to get enough matches. Look at Lee's record this year. Benefits are a second guy gets experience at 125 and there are two backup options if any injury at 125 or 133.

I would love to see the below of everyone could stay healthy...

125 - Fix (NC contender)
133 - Brock (top 6)
141 - G (top 8)
149 - Boo (top 4)
157 - Sheets (top 8)
165 - Wittlake (top 4)
174 - Plott/Surber (R12 to top 8)
184 - Taco (top 8)
197 - Ferrari (NC contender)
285 - Streck (R12 to top 8)

Seems like that lineup would make things interesting in March.

Reactions: PawhuskaPoke

125 - Fix (NC contender)
133 - Brock (top 6)
141 - G (top 8)
149 - Boo (top 4)
157 - Sheets (top 8)
165 - Wittlake (top 4)
184 - Taco (top 8)

Like that but I'd have Geer on a major weight lifting bulk program from now till season start and plug him in at 197. Don't need 2 true Fr in lineup and how many matches did Ferrari wrestle this last season? Think that kid is going to need a year.

Like that but I'd have Geer on a major weight lifting bulk program from now till season start and plug him in at 197. Don't need 2 true Fr in lineup and how many matches did Ferrari wrestle this last season? Think that kid is going to need a year.
125 Witcraft
133 Fix
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
Daton could make 125 but not all year. Plott and AJ need to redshirt IMO, after not wresstling as seniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
125 Witcraft
133 Geer
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
Daton could make 125 but not all year. Plott and AJ need to redshirt IMO, after not wresstling as seniors.
looked at that and wondered how Geer was going to make 133. Did you mean fix?

Reactions: oberebo
125 Witcraft
133 Geer
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
Geer ain't making 133 ;)
And again Fix doesnt have to make 125 all year.
I agree on Plott & AJ, just hoping they show up in a couple years.

Reactions: oberebo

125 - Fix (NC contender)
133 - Brock (top 6)
141 - G (top 8)
149 - Boo (top 4)
157 - Sheets (top 8)
165 - Wittlake (top 4)
184 - Taco (top 8)

So Ferrari is a NC contender next year? I knew he was good, didn’t realize that good.

125 Witcraft
133 Geer
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
I agree with Geer at 97 and redshirt our top freshmen. Since Surber and Burks like Witcraft might not wrestle a lot for us I would put them in the lineup like Oberebo does. I don't know that Witcraft can make 125. So I would say: 25 Burks, 33 Fix, 41 Brock, 49 Lewallen, 57 Sheets, 65 Wittlake, 74 Surber, 84 Montalvo, 97 Geer and HWT Streck. 2022= 25 Mastrogiavanni Fr., 33 Fix Jun.. 41 Witcraft soph., 49 G Jun., 57 Sheets Sen., 65 Wittlake Jun., 74 Plott Fr., 84 Montalvo Jun., 97 Ferrari Fr., Hwt Streck if eligible or Doucette Fr. Red shirt Haas, Mastro and whoever else we might get. Then recruit a class like Jordan Williams, Anthony Ferrari, Rylen Rogers

Last edited:
125 Witcraft
133 Geer
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
125 Witcraft
133 Geer
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck
So is Streck gonna be part of the team for sure?

So Ferrari is a NC contender next year? I knew he was good, didn’t realize that good.

He is a blue chipper in the same breath as Lee, Fix, Snyder, Hall and Valencia.

The staff may choose to RS him (and our other top FR) but it won’t be because he can’t compete right away.

I think A.J. is a 197 his first few years here and if that’s the case he would jump right into the title conversation at what is a pretty weak weight heading into 2020.

If he is a HWY right away then it’s a different story as a RS is needed and that is a much tough weight on the top end.

I agree with Geer at 97 and redshirt our top freshmen. Since Surber and Burks like Witcraft might not wrestle a lot for us I would put them in the lineup like Oberebo does. I don't know that Witcraft can make 125. So I would say: 25 Burks, 33 Fix, 41 Brock, 49 Lewallen, 57 Sheets, 65 Wittlake, 74 Surber, 84 Montalvo, 97 Geer and HWT Streck. 2022= 25 Mastrogiavanni Fr., 33 Fix Jun.. 41 Witcraft soph., 49 G Jun., 57 Sheets Sen., 65 Wittlake Jun., 74 Plott Fr., 84 Montalvo Jun., 97 Ferrari Fr., Hwt Streck if eligible or Doucette Fr. Red shirt Haas, Mastro and whoever else we might get. Then recruit a class like Jordan Williams, Anthony Ferrari, Rylen Rogers

jordan williams is going to be difficult to land

125 Witcraft
133 Fix
141 Gfeller or Brock
149 Lewallen
157 Sheets
165 Wittlake
174 Surber
184 Montalvo
197 Geer
285 Streck

G is off the team, not sure how it hasn’t been reported but he won’t wrestle for OSU again

G is off the team, not sure how it hasn’t been reported but he won’t wrestle for OSU again

If this is true it’s a bitter disappointment and is just another high end talent that we have failed to develop or that has left.

Coach Smith certainly can’t be held responsible for every kid who can’t get their crap together but he is an example of what has been an issue within our program recently and a major part of our backslide.

Reactions: vhsalum
Talk about a waste of talent. Is he gonna transfer or is he just dropping out of college?

From my understanding, he was asked to leave so I’m assuming he will be transferring. This was from a source that is very tied in and hasn’t been wrong before but I haven’t seen it mentioned by anyone else.

Same convo, I also heard we will never get another kid out of collinsville while John Smith is the coach.

From my understanding, he was asked to leave so I’m assuming he will be transferring. This was from a source that is very tied in and hasn’t been wrong before but I haven’t seen it mentioned by anyone else.

Same convo, I also heard we will never get another kid out of collinsville while John Smith is the coach.

There are going to be talented kids coming through Collinsville whose dream is to wrestle in that orange singlet. A butt hurt and bitter HS coach won’t change that.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT