ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Senior World Championships

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Getting a thread ready...

Worlds are underway in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. Trackwrestling is streaming. Jacarra Winchester won the first gold medal for Team USA at 55 kg in WFS.

Daton wrestles tomorrow at 1 AM ET. 57 kg preview below. Daton could see Takahashi (JPN) in his 2nd match. Takahashi won gold in 2017, beating Gilman in the finals.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/August/15/57-kg-World-Championships-preview

Short interview from the other day...

FYI, using the promo code "USAW" when purchasing the stream from Track will reduce the price by $5 (from $30 to $25). Track will then make a donation to USA Wrestling.

Fix wins match 1 impressively 12-1. He then wrestled the 2017 gold medalist and 208 bronze medalist at most 4-2 in an odd match.

Daton scores the only offensive points (TD). Daton went on the clock twice which you don’t see often to tie it 2-2. He forced a controversial step out with 16 seconds to go which the USA staff challenged and lost this the final point.

He can be pulled back in and probably will due to the caliber of opponent.

Fix wins match 1 impressively 12-1. He then wrestled the 2017 gold medalist and 208 bronze medalist at most 4-2 in an odd match.

Daton scores the only offensive points (TD). Daton went on the clock twice which you don’t see often to tie it 2-2. He forced a controversial step out with 16 seconds to go which the USA staff challenged and lost this the final point.

Takahashi (the japanese guy he lost to) lost in the quarters. Fix is out

I should also say that evidently all of the calls that gave Takahashi points were questionable at best. I haven't seen it, but how does someone get on the shot clock twice (!) and he is the only wrestler if a takedown. Makes no sense to me

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
I should also say that evidently all of the calls that gave Takahashi points were questionable at best. I haven't seen it, but how does someone get on the shot clock twice (!) and he is the only wrestler if a takedown. Makes no sense to me

It’s what has plagued international wrestling forever. Shady and questionable officiating and unclear subjective rules.

Pretty much all involved in international wrestling on social media have called BS on this one. Sad deal for guys who sacrifice and prepare for years for these opportunities.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
good refs are hard to find in any sport...especially wrestling.

International refs take that to whole different level. The format (while still goofy) has improved but the controversy and confusion that often takes place is one of the reasons international FS has lost support.

Looks like that seals Fix's Olympic Redshirt.

1. Winning the US Open is huge (sit out until the finals)

2. We have to qualify the weight. As our rep, I would want Daton getting the first shot

3. He needs to wrestle at the rankings tournament. Getting a seed is SO important. Especially the 1 or the 4 with these uneven brackets.

Reactions: osu2082
Post tourney interview. Daton is obviously disappointed, but as usual, he looks at the big picture and doesn't get caught up in questionable calls or making excuses. Same with Junior Worlds last year. The focus is always on improving.

2 more golds for the women -Adeline Gray @ 76 kg (a record 5th) & Tamyra Mensah-Stock @ 68 kg.

Rough tourney for the guys so far. Cox is in the gold medal match & JB is going for bronze. Green & Gwiaz were eliminated (along with Daton & Retherford yesterday).

Micic has looked very good in the matches I've seen. He's going for bronze @ 57 kg in a little while. He has qualified for the Olympics for Serbia.

2 more golds for the women -Adeline Gray @ 76 kg (a record 5th) & Tamyra Mensah-Stock @ 68 kg.

Rough tourney for the guys so far. Cox is in the gold medal match & JB is going for bronze. Green & Gwiaz were eliminated (along with Daton & Retherford yesterday).

Micic has looked very good in the matches I've seen. He's going for bronze @ 57 kg in a little while. He has qualified for the Olympics for Serbia.
Who did JB lose too?

Micic lost and took 5th.

I'll take JB to make the Olympic team at 74 kg. I need to see someone beat him domestically 2 of 3 before I bet against him. I guess a lot of people will probably pick Dake, but I wonder about him with same day weigh-ins. The last time he was in the low/mid 160s with same day weigh-ins was 2013 as a college senior.

Micic lost and took 5th.

I'll take JB to make the Olympic team at 74 kg. I need to see someone beat him domestically 2 of 3 before I bet against him. I guess a lot of people will probably pick Dake, but I wonder about him with same day weigh-ins. The last time he was in the low/mid 160s with same day weigh-ins was 2013 as a college senior.

Dake is going to have an easier time than JB making weight.

I really think JB needs to focus on it a bit. He's stated he gets up 185 or so. It might help him to get a little smaller and lighten the load on his weight cut.

Dake is going to have an easier time than JB making weight.

I really think JB needs to focus on it a bit. He's stated he gets up 185 or so. It might help him to get a little smaller and lighten the load on his weight cut.

JB works harder to make the weight now. Everyone does except the 125 kg guys. But there is nothing that points to it being any easier for Dake.

I would pick Dake over JB next year if Dake can handle the weight cut. However I will be in the stands cheering for JB.

way dake is mowing thru this tourney it’s fair to say ringer #2 in world

JB match still making me sick
sidakov beats chamizo for gold
JB teks for bronze

Cox is a machine
unscored on for gold

no snyder sadulev 3
snyder goes for bronze

Dake won gold, Snyder won bronze & Graff finished 5th.

Sadulaev won @ 97 kg. Yazdani won @ 86 kg (inj def).

USA finished 3rd behind Russia and host Kazakhstan.

Last edited:
JB gets bigger than Dake does.

JB has made 74 kg under the new rules the past 2 years. KD has never made it under them. Two weeks ago, Joe Russell of USA Wrestling (and JB himself) said the weight cut for Worlds was great.

But you convinced me.

JB has made 74 kg under the new rules the past 2 years. KD has never made it under them. Two weeks ago, Joe Russell of USA Wrestling (and JB himself) said the weight cut for Worlds was great.

But you convinced me.

Father Time is undefeated. Every year the cut gets tougher, the feet get heavier and the reflexes slow just a bit. All while your competition closes the gap.

I don’t know that I could ever not bet on JB domestically but I watched Imar nearly take him out and just think whoever comes out of Green, IMar and especially Dake is going to be very tough for an aging JB.

Father Time is undefeated. Every year the cut gets tougher, the feet get heavier and the reflexes slow just a bit. All while your competition closes the gap.

I don’t know that I could ever not bet on JB domestically but I watched Imar nearly take him out and just think whoever comes out of Green, IMar and especially Dake is going to be very tough for an aging JB.
I think it will be Nolf, Imar, Dake, and Green semis. Can't see anyone but Dake coming out to challenge.

I don't disagree. But that wasn't the discussion.

We weren't talking about who should be favored between JB & Dake (I'll be rooting for JB though). We were talking about evidence that supports Dake having the easier cut. All we know is JB has made 74 kg under the new rules and Dake hasn't yet.

I could say Nahshon Garrett will drop from 61 kg and make 57 kg easier than Daton next year, but that doesn't make it so.

Reactions: osu2082
I don't disagree. But that wasn't the discussion.

We weren't talking about who should be favored between JB & Dake (I'll be rooting for JB though). We were talking about evidence that supports Dake having the easier cut. All we know is JB has made 74 kg under the new rules and Dake hasn't yet.

I could say Nahshon Garrett will drop from 61 kg and make 57 kg easier than Daton next year, but that doesn't make it so.

It’s really not a debate. I was just giving you some inside information. Believe me or not, but I’d say my reputation more than speaks for itself.

It’s really not a debate. I was just giving you some inside information. Believe me or not, but I’d say my reputation more than speaks for itself.

I've read your posts on here. And I've read some of your posts on the Iowa board - including the ones about Daton & Derek. Inside information isn't what it used to be.

I do agree about one thing though, this really isn't a debate.

Inside information about something that has been stated in public? Wow.

I've read your posts on here. And I've read some of your posts on the Iowa board - including the ones about Daton & Derek. Inside information isn't what it used to be.

I do agree about one thing though, this really isn't a debate.

Tell me about Derek Fix again...

Last edited:
Tell me about Derek Fix again...

Sure. The Daton/Derek story was disappointing to read. No one knows exactly what went down, only that mistakes were made. Possibly even some made out of love & protection.

You hope people learn and do better going forward. Those with solid character often do.

Any other nearly year old threads I can help you with?

Sure. The Daton/Derek story was disappointing to read. No one knows exactly what went down, only that mistakes were made. Possibly even some made out of love & protection.

You hope people learn and do better going forward. Those with solid character often do.

Any other nearly year old threads I can help you with?

Nah. I’m good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT