ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Cadets & U23s

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Next weekend is the Cadet & U23 trials. Flo is streaming.

For Cadets, Burks is registered at 55 kg, he could see Robbie Howard. Cutter Sheets is in the bracket also. Carter Young & Anthony Ferrari are in a stacked 60 kg bracket.

For U23s, this is the last year guys like Picc, Kaid & Joe are eligible.

Travis Mastro is at 71 kg, same bracket as Facundo & Valencia.

Willie said Trevor Mastro didn't wrestle Juniors last week because he'll be at Pan Ams next month.

Nice turnout for Cadets this year - a lot of big name guys registered.

For us, Picklo & Rogers are at 80 kg, Haas is at 92 kg, & Jordan Williams is at 51 kg.

Rogers is in Greco, Putnam is in both Greco and freestyle, Sheets and Gfeller both at 70, three or four others competing.

Both Rogers and Bear Hughes are in the quarterfinals of the u23 Greco trials. Rogers is going to wrestle Army's Ben Harvey in the quarters

I looked at the cadet top prospects and we are connected with so many of them. It is good to see the recruiting changes we have made and hopefully even get better.

A lot of the good ones seem to be at the same weight....174-97. We may miss out on a couple because of it; maybe not

A lot of the good ones seem to be at the same weight....174-97. We may miss out on a couple because of it; maybe not
i agree ja.. in cadet greco kyle hass (caldwells brother) corner was oklahoma states volunteer Italian coach zoheir el ouarraque and Braxon amos. that has to be a good sign with amos but like you said so many good guys around the same weight.... hass, amos ferrari, doucett 197-heavy weight

i agree ja.. in cadet greco kyle hass (caldwells brother) corner was oklahoma states volunteer Italian coach zoheir el ouarraque and Braxon amos. that has to be a good sign with amos but like you said so many good guys around the same weight.... hass, amos ferrari, doucett 197-heavy weight
Burkes, Ferrari, Young, Travis Mastro, Rogers have made the quarters. Picklo got upset in the round of 16 and I did not think he wrestled good all day. Montalvo and Sheets are in the consolations after getting beat in the round of 64. I don't think Gfeller wrestled.

Burkes, Ferrari, Young, Travis Mastro, Rogers have made the quarters. Picklo got upset in the round of 16 and I did not think he wrestled good all day. Montalvo and Sheets are in the consolations after getting beat in the round of 64. I don't think Gfeller wrestled.
Burks wins by tech to get to the 55 semi's. Williams got to the semi's at 51. Ferrari against Young to get to the semi's at 60 just starting.

Kyle Haas at 92 had a very nice win to get to the semi's beating Rocky Elam. Rylan Rogers is in the semi;s also

After his Greco win yesterday, Haas said he hopes to grow more and that his goal is to be a heavy in college. Kinda surprising. Also said he's been training a lot in Oklahoma.

Kyle Haas at 92 had a very nice win to get to the semi's beating Rocky Elam. Rylan Rogers is in the semi;s also
Montalvo got beat 10 to 0 against Webster of Minnesota in a little over a minute. He is out of the tournament while Sheets is still in the consolations.

After his Greco win yesterday, Haas said he hopes to grow more and that his goal is to be a heavy in college. Kinda surprising. Also said he's been training a lot in Oklahoma.
I think if he grows an inch or 2 in the next couple of years he could be a Derek White type HWT. Haas is getting better and better.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I think if he grows an inch or 2 in the next couple of years he could be a Derek White type HWT. Haas is getting better and better.
Burks came back and took third with 2 majors after he last to Ybarra. Ybarra seemed the better wrestler in that match controlling things and pushing Burks out of bounce twice ( fits with Iowa). Ferrari came back from 5 to 0 with about a minute in the match to win in the semi's. Lost a close match to Mendez with a controversial call in the second match. Young Mastro won by tech in the semi's quickly but lost 2 matches to 1 to Facundo who has been number 1 for a long time. Mastro doesn't cut weight and is getting better and better. Rogers lost in the finals and Haas won in the finals. I have not watched these 2 guys matches yet.

Burks came back and took third with 2 majors after he last to Ybarra. Ybarra seemed the better wrestler in that match controlling things and pushing Burks out of bounce twice ( fits with Iowa). Ferrari came back from 5 to 0 with about a minute in the match to win in the semi's. Lost a close match to Mendez with a controversial call in the second match. Young Mastro won by tech in the semi's quickly but lost 2 matches to 1 to Facundo who has been number 1 for a long time. Mastro doesn't cut weight and is getting better and better. Rogers lost in the finals and Haas won in the finals. I have not watched these 2 guys matches yet.
After watching Rogers matches he is developing nicely. Haas is really developing as a wrestler like young Mastro has. Haas's opponent Schumate is a year younger and he is going to be something as a prospect.

After watching Rogers matches he is developing nicely. Haas is really developing as a wrestler like young Mastro has. Haas's opponent Schumate is a year younger and he is going to be something as a prospect.

Jordan Williams also made the finals. He lost 2 of 3 to Richie Figueroa at 51 kg. Nice tournament for him.

I hope we are still good with Rogers. I noticed he didn't wear his Cowboy headgear at NHSCA Nationals - that was shortly after the Chandler/Joe saga.

All the HS guys looked good. They can't graduate fast enough.

Burks semi & 3rd place matches. He's going to be a big problem in college when he gets a little stronger.

Also, the finals for younger Mastro, Williams, younger Ferrari, Rogers & Haas. Would be fantastic if we got all of them on top of our 2020 class.

Burks semi

Burks 3rd Place

Mastro final 1

Mastro final 2

Mastro final 3

Williams final 1

Williams final 2

Williams final 3

Ferrari final 1

Ferrari final 2

Rogers final 1

Rogers final 2