ADVERTISEMENT

20-21 Season Schedule

OHkie

Redshirt
Oct 14, 2018
The first sign of a dual has been posted OU has their schedule on Track it has the dual in Norman on 12/13 at 2 pm. So much for a one semester sport. Utah Valley is in Norman on the 17th of January so probably in Stillwater on the 15th. Oklahoma also wrestles Wyoming and Wisconsin on back to back days to start the season 11/13-14

Interesting that Fresno State has also posted their schedule with nothing before Jan. 7th and no OSU on it.

Iowa State has 14 duals and two tournaments on their schedule right now. However they posted which are home and which are away but did not have the actual dates posted.

Former opponents Northern Colorado and Little Rock also do not have us on their one semester schedules.

Little Rock is Hosting Stanford on Jan. 31, I doubt that Stanford comes all that way for one match. Since OU will be there the next week it would be some awesome competition for them in Stillwater that Friday. Let’s hope it happens!

Last edited:
Air Force posted their one semester schedule, they will be in Stillwater on Jan. 17th at 1pm. So far OU is the only D1 school to list Duals before Christmas

Air Force posted their one semester schedule, they will be in Stillwater on Jan. 17th at 1pm. So far OU is the only D1 school to list Duals before Christmas
Saw ASU had a Dec date with Mizzu on the schedule

Starting at the 16:30 mark, John talks about the schedule, seating capacity, and television coverage.

Former opponents Northern Colorado and Little Rock also do not have us on their one semester schedules.

Little Rock is Hosting Stanford on Jan. 31, I doubt that Stanford comes all that way for one match. Since OU will be there the next week it would be some awesome competition for them in Stillwater that Friday. Let’s hope it happens!
Curious if that is a club team for Stanford since they eliminated their program or it is just old information.

Chattanooga released their schedule and show a quadrangular in Stillwater on Jan 10. Us, Chattanooga, Little Rock and Oregon State.

Reactions: ionel
Waiting for the official schedule so I can book hotel rooms for our matches. I live a little too far to drive up and back each dual. Ready to watch the Pokes kick some butt.

Reactions: DPJ and osu2082
A bit disappointing they couldn't figure out a way to get Iowa on the schedule but that's probably a b10 thing/restriction. It is going to be really difficult to figure out how to seed the NCAA tournament this year, of course the b10 will think they should get all the top seeds since they are the only ones who wrestled against b10 wrestlers. ;_;

John said they were trying to get Michigan on the schedule as well but the Big 10 isn’t allowing any non conference

John said they were trying to get Michigan on the schedule as well but the Big 10 isn’t allowing any non conference
Its crazy that basketball started out with non-conference teams and playing pretty much full season. A basketball game is ~19 guys all mixing it up together for couple hours in a confined space with no fresh filtered air movement across the court. And this follows practice where you have ~15 guys on the team all mixing together in a more confined space.

Wrestling is 2 guys going at it for 7 minutes, if both have been testing negative should be good to go. Doubt they'll do it but would be easy to have some fresh filtered air blowing across the mat in a direction away from score keepers, fans etc. (can't do that in basketball as would interfere with shots). Wrestling practice could all be constrained to only 3 to 5 guys interacting, again if each individual testing negative twice per week then minimal risk, should be less than basketball. But its probably a show me the money sort of thing.

Its crazy that basketball started out with non-conference teams and playing pretty much full season. A basketball game is ~19 guys all mixing it up together for couple hours in a confined space with no fresh filtered air movement across the court. And this follows practice where you have ~15 guys on the team all mixing together in a more confined space.

Wrestling is 2 guys going at it for 7 minutes, if both have been testing negative should be good to go. Doubt they'll do it but would be easy to have some fresh filtered air blowing across the mat in a direction away from score keepers, fans etc. (can't do that in basketball as would interfere with shots). Wrestling practice could all be constrained to only 3 to 5 guys interacting, again if each individual testing negative twice per week then minimal risk, should be less than basketball. But its probably a show me the money sort of thing.
Not to mention the simple fact that college age premium athletes are at virtually zero risk from any harm anyway. Weird how forgotten this is in every discussion of college athletics.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
I like the mini tournament right before Big12s. Should help Daton too, who needs matches. He should get 3-4 in if reserves wrestle.

Are the matches being televised Sunday? Can’t make it to Stillwater battling the corona.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT