ADVERTISEMENT

2 US wrestlers in Dogu finals

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Alex Dierenger not scored on and in the finals at Dogu. Yanni Diakamohalis in the finals. He dec. Retherford 9-5 in his first match. In the semis he was behind the Hungarian wrestler 9-0 after the first period. The Hungarian had completely spent his energy in the first period and in the second Yanni opened up and had two takedowns, a near fall and after numerous times when the Hungarian could not come to the center of the mat he was finally cautioned out with the real score 10-9 in favor of Yanni. The Hungarian looked unbeatable in the first period and his bursts of action were unbelievable.

Alex Dierenger not scored on and in the finals at Dogu. Yanni Diakamohalis in the finals. He dec. Retherford 9-5 in his first match. In the semis he was behind the Hungarian wrestler 9-0 after the first period. The Hungarian had completely spent his energy in the first period and in the second Yanni opened up and had two takedowns, a near fall and after numerous times when the Hungarian could not come to the center of the mat he was finally cautioned out with the real score 10-9 in favor of Yanni. The Hungarian looked unbeatable in the first period and his bursts of action were unbelievable.
Just a comment about the hype surrounding Dogu. Alex had only to win one match to get to the finals as basically did Gwiadowski who also made the finals. It appears that the brackets were small and there were some scratches. Proud of all three of our wrestlers on this first day of FS but can't say I am really impressed with this tournament.

Just a comment about the hype surrounding Dogu. Alex had only to win one match to get to the finals as basically did Gwiadowski who also made the finals. It appears that the brackets were small and there were some scratches. Proud of all three of our wrestlers on this first day of FS but can't say I am really impressed with this tournament.

Alex had a quarters match and semis. But definitely agree on the hype of this tournament...

Reactions: osu2082
I think the hype centers around all the age level world medalists that are participating coinciding with being a points ranking tournament for the UWW and Flo has the rights so there’s that also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT