ADVERTISEMENT

1979 NAIA Championship team from CSU Request.

Pacemaker5

Recruit
Nov 7, 2019
Tulsa
I posted a picture on social media that I was in that I had of the 77 OSU Wrestling Team. Jackson, Barrett, Wais, LeeRoy Smith, Paul Martin, Roger Roberts, Howie Aufleger, John Azevedo and John Phillips from Sand Springs, the Duels, Monasmith, and my buddy Mumma, Billy Martin... Still amazed by the teammates I have known. A lot of great Cowboys on that Team. It brought back a ton of memories. The most valuable picture I have lost is of the 79 NAIA Championship team. David James and Johnnie Powell, both two-time champs, and tough as nails. Johnnie had transferred from OSU as I had. I had mine in storage when I stayed in Mississippi and the insane amount of rain got into my pictures. I was a little surprised it's not online in their Hall of Fame. We were their first National Championship Team. I was a dud, but we had 7 AA's and certainly wasn't close to the Cowboys or Sooners at that time, but I'm telling you they were a tough bunch of Bronchos.
If anyone knows off the top of your head. I'll check with a couple of my Broncho friends and teammates, but I thought it would be a picture some of you would like to see with so many Oklahoma kids on the team.

Reactions: OrangePhish
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT