ADVERTISEMENT

18/19 Roster

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
Just saw the roster for this year has been released.

Will they update it later? There are some strange weight listings. Kaid is listed at 133 still, Derek is listed as a 197. Boo is 141. Rogers is 165, JoJo is 157, and Jacobe is 174.

Also I noticed Blake Andrews is no longer listed on the roster. Geo is on the roster as a 149.

This will be cleaned up and updated soon I would imagine.

Don't see Josh Solomon either.

Wes Ahrberg is Jacob's older brother. He went to Air Force prep last year. Watched a couple of his matches and he looks fairly tough on top, might be good at simulating Gross and Lizak.

Preseason practice officially kicks off this week. I took a look at Trackwrestling and our roster is updated. CowboyUp61 is correct that there is a JaQuan Jackson listed.

As expected, most of our guys don't have a "made" weight listed yet for certification purposes. I glanced around at some others though. If I understand this correctly, Vito Arujua has already made 133, so maybe 125 is a possibility for him this year? And Tariq Wilson weighed in over 149, so maybe he's not going 133.

I guess practice kicks off next week. Thought it was always the second week of October.

Just over half the team has certified their weights now, Picc is at 133 which means he is between 125.1 and 133. Joe has not yet certified.

Reactions: osu2082
Just over half the team has certified their weights now, Picc is at 133 which means he is between 125.1 and 133. Joe has not yet certified.

Let us know the rest of results when you hear.

Continue to trickle in. Daton made 141. That pretty much answers the first 5 weights.

Still nothing on Joe, Chandler, and Jacobe.

Reactions: OHkie
I believe it means he is between 133 and 141 meaning he will be at 133.

125 - Picc
133 - Fix
141 - Kaid
149 - Boo

The wild card being G and if he can challenge at 141 or 149.

G also hasn't certified yet, but I expect him at 141.

With a kid in a situation like G's, can someone explain to me why we don't use the greyshirt like other schools (namely PSU)?

I don't have any idea but the kid has to agree to it. Some kids might not want to just hang out for a year and not be in school.

Another consideration is that someone has to pay the athlete's expenses during that idle year. Without the scholly covering part of tuition + room & board, that falls on the wrestler, his family, or "friends of the program".

G made 149, probably going 141

Jacobe made 184, probably going 174

Nothing on Chandler or Joe yet

Glad to hear that Jacobe's knee healed up so he can compete in the All Star Dual. If he is wrestling 174, then some AA will be left out. It is my understanding that Joe Smith cannot make 157 and Chandler struggled to get to 165.
Jacobe looked very good last year on two very bad knees. I would think he would hold 174 if that is where he wants to be and he is healthy.

Reactions: BigD_cowboy
Glad to hear that Jacobe's knee healed up so he can compete in the All Star Dual. If he is wrestling 174, then some AA will be left out. It is my understanding that Joe Smith cannot make 157 and Chandler struggled to get to 165.
Jacobe looked very good last year on two very bad knees. I would think he would hold 174 if that is where he wants to be and he is healthy.

Chandler bumping up and wresltling well at 86kg makes him to 184 a possibility.

Reactions: vhsalum
Zalin Edwards has been added to the roster on track wrestling, he is a 2014 graduate of Pawhuska that has spent the last four years on OSU’s rodeo team.

Zalin Edwards has been added to the roster on track wrestling, he is a 2014 graduate of Pawhuska that has spent the last four years on OSU’s rodeo team.
Brian Edwards son. IIRC, he and Hardell Moore were multiple champs at Coweta before they were at OSU.

Anyone know if Geo is definitely done because of injuries?

Track doesn't show him on the roster. I saw he was at homecoming this weekend, looks like he could be a 165 now.

There's no shortage of intrigue with this year's team.

Track doesn't show that Joe certified yet. But if he does plan to at least start the year at 184, then where is Dakota Geer in all this? Based on the U23 trials, I could see Chandler winning the 184 spot. But how does Dakota not beat out Joe?

There's no shortage of intrigue with this year's team.

Track doesn't show that Joe certified yet. But if he does plan to at least start the year at 184, then where is Dakota Geer in all this? Based on the U23 trials, I could see Chandler winning the 184 spot. But how does Dakota not beat out Joe?
Can Chandler make 165?

I’m not worrying about who will be where. I do think that we may have the most potential AAs on the second string. Excited as always for season to start.

Can Chandler make 165?

No inside info here, but I think yes. Fontanez certified, so only Chandler & Joe remain. The descent rules only allow you to drop 1.5% per week, so it makes sense to get as close as possible before the season gets underway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT