ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Seeds

CowboyMedic

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Could we potentially have 3 #1 seeds in Picc @ 125, Fix @ 133, and White @ 285?

I think Fix is a shoe in, White is 50/50 and Picc has little chance.

My ideal out comes:

125: Picc is the No. 2 and Lee is the No. 4 or 5.
133: This whole weight is going to be a bloodbath so I'm not sure it even matters. Would be nice to avoid Suriano as long as possible.
285: White as No. 1 would be massive. Avoid Gable/Cassar until the finals. There is a drastic drop off after the top 3 and whoever gets the top seed has a pretty massive advantage.

Reactions: Rdcldad
I think Fix is a shoe in, White is 50/50 and Picc has little chance.

My ideal out comes:

125: Picc is the No. 2 and Lee is the No. 4 or 5.
133: This whole weight is going to be a bloodbath so I'm not sure it even matters. Would be nice to avoid Suriano as long as possible.
285: White as No. 1 would be massive. Avoid Gable/Cassar until the finals. There is a drastic drop off after the top 3 and whoever gets the top seed has a pretty massive advantage.
Pic #2
Daton #1
White #1

We will know in a few hours. I think White will have Stevenson in the semifinals but hope not. I think Preston will be #3, Nic #2, Daton #1 but Micic could still get #1 which is wrong.

There's certainly a case for the top 3 to be in any order in the updated coaches' ranking. I initially thought it should go Cassar 1, Derek 2, and Gable 3.

Thinking it over - purely from a rankings perspective - I have to go Derek 1, Cassar 2, Gable 3. I just can't see dropping Derek to #3 like Flo did. Derek was the #2 and his loss was from last year - 4 months ago. He goes to #1 IMO.

There's certainly a case for the top 3 to be in any order in the updated coaches' ranking. I initially thought it should go Cassar 1, Derek 2, and Gable 3.

Thinking it over - purely from a rankings perspective - I have to go Derek 1, Cassar 2, Gable 3. I just can't see dropping Derek to #3 like Flo did. Derek was the #2 and his loss was from last year - 4 months ago. He goes to #1 IMO.

It's going to come down to the coaches ranking. White will either be 1 or 3. It is going to be VERY close.

Fix will be the #1 as the NCAA has a precedent for MFF at confernce tourneys. You want Micic to drop to the 3 or 5 or 6. Stay out of the 4. Suriano will be the 2 here.

125 will be interesting after the top 2 and ideally you'd like to see Bresser at the 3 but I think the metrics point to Spencer.

197 is other sort of unknown for us. Really hope Preston can get the 3 and not he 4/5.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Is there a chance Preston ends up as the 4-seed. Brucki is also a conference champ and 29-1. Will Preston’s limited amount of matches hurt him?

Based off that, White is at 50% with coaches being unknown.

So at best, he's #1 at worst it's 50/50 and then it goes to criteria.

What is criteria?

He is at 50% against Cassar, but Steveson has him on win % and H2H. If Gable also has quality wins, he would beat White if he is ahead of him in the CR and be 50% if not because QW splits 15 and 5 if both guys have at least one win over someone else in the field. So, even in the seeding criteria, it is very possible that White beats Cassar, Cassar beats Steveson, and Steveson beats White.

Is there a chance Preston ends up as the 4-seed. Brucki is also a conference champ and 29-1. Will Preston’s limited amount of matches hurt him?

Yes Morre and Bruki have a chance to be seeded ahead of Preston based on Prestons limited body of work.

It's going to come down to the coaches ranking. White will either be 1 or 3. It is going to be VERY close.

Fix will be the #1 as the NCAA has a precedent for MFF at confernce tourneys. You want Micic to drop to the 3 or 5 or 6. Stay out of the 4. Suriano will be the 2 here.

125 will be interesting after the top 2 and ideally you'd like to see Bresser at the 3 but I think the metrics point to Spencer.

197 is other sort of unknown for us. Really hope Preston can get the 3 and not he 4/5.
Why don’t you want Micic? Especially if he’s so injured he couldn’t compete last weekend?

He is at 50% against Cassar, but Steveson has him on win % and H2H. If Gable also has quality wins, he would beat White if he is ahead of him in the CR and be 50% if not because QW splits 15 and 5 if both guys have at least one win over someone else in the field. So, even in the seeding criteria, it is very possible that White beats Cassar, Cassar beats Steveson, and Steveson beats White.
Sounds like it should be decided with rock, paper, scissors.....

133 is such a deep weight I would go for the chance of Micic, but I guess we do not get to choose. I noticed the intermat rankings at heavyweight were:
1.Cassar
2. Stevenson
3. White.

The difference between 2 and 3 are negligible, but 1. is significant. I would have preferred Stevenson at 1 facing an unknown Dheshi and Cassar and White at 2 and 3.

I just don't know how it works. If they are trying to decide between all three it is a big shoulder shrug for me. If it is between Cassar and White because they won the conference I think it has to be White.

NCAA has a link where the 1 and 2 seeds will be revealed at 4 ET

Why don’t you want Micic? Especially if he’s so injured he couldn’t compete last weekend?
Micic is the best wrestler at the weight. Not certain how bad he is hurt. He may have just forfeited as he knew he qualified and did not want to take the chance of turning a minor injury into a major one.

Reactions: osu2082
Micic is the best wrestler at the weight. Not certain how bad he is hurt. He may have just forfeited as he knew he qualified and did not want to take the chance of turning a minor injury into a major one.

One of the FLO guys who was at Big 10s said they think it is is a legit injury that could hamper him. He said he wasn't basing it on any info just on how he was moving around and the size of his brace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT