ADVERTISEMENT

“Texans would be without electricity for longer than three days to keep the federal government out of their business,”

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Per Rick Perry.

I see now there are boil orders for water shortages down there.

I have an extra room if any of my Texas frenemies needs to come up north. We don't have much, but we're a generation behind in republican infrastructure, so we're still good for electricity and water.

go ahead smart guy, put a fine point on it. What caused this?

Twelve years ago, AOC insisted that Texas save $550 per electrical substation by not having heating coils on the flux capacitors.

And herein lies one important distinction between conservatives and non-cons. I don't know exactly, as I don't have the expertise or first hand knowledge to identify the engineering failures. It's being widely reported that it was a failure to winterize components of the electrical infrastructure. That makes sense to me but I haven't delved into the specifics. Unlike you, I'm sure.

I anxiously await you Perksplain'in the uninformed talking points how washington librulz did it in Texas. I hope that you and Flailey can add electrical engineering to your considerable menu of expertise. Please use the same logic and judgment you've employed in defending all things MAGA for the last 4 years. Maybe blame it on gay marriage? No prayer in schools? Rush Limbaugh dying?

Twelve years ago, AOC insisted that Texas save $550 per electrical substation by not having heating coils on the flux capacitors.

And herein lies one important distinction between conservatives and non-cons. I don't know exactly, as I don't have the expertise or first hand knowledge to identify the engineering failures. It's being widely reported that it was a failure to winterize components of the electrical infrastructure. That makes sense to me but I haven't delved into the specifics. Unlike you, I'm sure.

I anxiously await you Perksplain'in the uninformed talking points how washington librulz did it in Texas. I hope that you and Flailey can add electrical engineering to your considerable menu of expertise. Please use the same logic and judgment you've employed in defending all things MAGA for the last 4 years. Maybe blame it on gay marriage? No prayer in schools? Rush Limbaugh dying?

These are the incoherent ramblings of a troubled person.

Let's hear it: what caused it?

JB with the bttf reference?!

I didn’t start a thread because I know I don’t know all of the details and complexity involved. The question is why is not knowing not a road block for you not run your mouth?

Similar to your Bush recession claims. You could never explain it, but you repeat your Twitter talking points like a good npc.

I didn’t start a thread because I know I don’t know all of the details and complexity involved. The question is why is not knowing not a road block for you not run your mouth?

Similar to your Bush recession claims. You could never explain it, but you repeat your Twitter talking points like a good npc.
Oh that's right. We were waiting on syskafail to explain that one to us. Do you think zhe has the energy to tackle that one in this thread?

Reactions: iasooner2000
What I've noticed from all of this is there are two kinds of people. Those that look to others to protect and provide for them, while the other takes it upon themselves. Guess which group is getting through all of this just fine?
The left can't figure bathrooms out. They HAVE to be told what to do. Can you imagine people like syskafail without a tard wrangler?

Hey Sys....I hate to interrupt this edition of Syskatine’s Extreme Culture of Failure, but did you see that Ted Cruz snuck off to Cancun for vacation?

Yeah, it was probably planned a long time in advance....but not a great look.

Right? Republicans are in charge for a generation, their electrical grid collapses, millions under boil orders.... it's not their fault.

Republicans had the WH for 8 years and both chambers for most of the Dumbya admin, a recession at the end and... it's not their fault. Excuses much?

Watching you guys constantly try excuse the consequences of conservative leadership is half the fun.

I see Senator Cruz has been chilling in Cancun while his state is wrestling with poor infrastructure and freezing its ass off. That's probably a democrat's fault, too.

Hey Sys....I hate to interrupt this edition of Syskatine’s Extreme Culture of Failure, but did you see that Ted Cruz snuck off to Cancun for vacation?

Yeah, it was probably planned a long time in advance....but not a great look.

Great minds think alike.

Yeah. Aint he a peach? It would appear a few million Texans are displeased and aren't real receptive to the TX republicans trying to blame it on some green agenda.

tenor.gif
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's hilarious watching you parrot Rachel Maddow.

Whari: Specifics please, how are Texas conservatives responsible for this electricity bungle?

Sys: Here's an article that explains it.

Flailey: Aha! Covid in New York!
Yeah, it's just covid in New York. Definitely nothing compared to the giant scandal you've sniffed out where shitty weather inconvenienced people. You're definitely the type that wipes back to front.

Yeah, it's just covid in New York. Definitely nothing compared to the giant scandal you've sniffed out where shitty weather inconvenienced people. You're definitely the type that wipes back to front.

No way he’s equipped to do that on his own.

He just hollers for mom and grabs his ankles.

Maybe you could start a thread about it? If you take a look at the OP this was about the Texas electricity issues. I understand you'd rather not discuss it -- these topics have to be so old for you, given all the failures of the last few years. But the topic isn't NY or covid. If you'd like to start a thread about it and invite me to participate, you certainly can, Flailey.

Maybe you could start a thread about it? If you take a look at the OP this was about the Texas electricity issues. I understand you'd rather not discuss it -- these topics have to be so old for you, given all the failures of the last few years. But the topic isn't NY or covid. If you'd like to start a thread about it and invite me to participate, you certainly can, Flailey.
Or, I can just continue to laugh at you as I always do.

Whari: Specifics please, how are Texas conservatives responsible for this electricity bungle?

Sys: Here's an article that explains it.

Flailey: Aha! Covid in New York!

why didn’t texas democrats from 1989 to 2021 do anything?

It is typical sys that he sits through ten years of liberals causing forest fires and power fvck ups in lefty utopia California so he can finally stick it to the conservatives of texas. Such honesty.

a
Great minds think alike.

Yeah. Aint he a peach? It would appear a few million Texans are displeased and aren't real receptive to the TX republicans trying to blame it on some green agenda.
every election cycle we have to hear from dipshiits like you, cup, 07putz, makesnosense, and robertallen, about how Texas is becoming more and more blue. It also appears that with every natural disaster, it becomes less and less adept at handling it. Just the latest evidence that everything liberals get their hands on turns to shiit.

Per Rick Perry.

I have an extra room if any of my Texas frenemies needs to come up north. We don't have much, but we're a generation behind in republican infrastructure, so we're still good for electricity and water.

Per Rick Perry.

Harry Truman famously had a sign on his desk that said “The Buck Stops Here.” The people in charge get the adulation when their schemes succeed, and deserve condemnation when they fail. This was a massive failure and the blame rests squarely on the Republican majority that runs the state. Heads should roll, including the Governor’s. The buck stops with him.

Harry Truman famously had a sign on his desk that said “The Buck Stops Here.” The people in charge get the adulation when their schemes succeed, and deserve condemnation when they fail. This was a massive failure and the blame rests squarely on the Republican majority that runs the state. Heads should roll, including the Governor’s. The buck stops with him.
That having been said, I have questions for Syskatine and others who seem so delighted to witness the tragedy faced by civilians caused by the incompetence of the Republican leadership. What, in your opinion, would Democratic leadership have done differently had they been in charge for all these years? Would they have installed fewer wind generators than were provided under Republican leadership? Would they have upgraded the coal fired plants rather than decommission them, as the Republicans did? Would they have brought more nuclear energy to the state, something the Republicans seemed reluctant to do? Would they have added more natural gas to the grid, something the Republicans failed to do? It seems to me all those ideas would be counter to the concept of “green energy” which the Democrats are so fond of, it seems to me the Republican agenda is pretty similar to what Democrats would advocate. So what am I missing here? What would Democrats have done to prevent this awful situation?

That having been said, I have questions for Syskatine and others who seem so delighted to witness the tragedy faced by civilians caused by the incompetence of the Republican leadership. What, in your opinion, would Democratic leadership have done differently had they been in charge for all these years? Would they have installed fewer wind generators than were provided under Republican leadership? Would they have upgraded the coal fired plants rather than decommission them, as the Republicans did? Would they have brought more nuclear energy to the state, something the Republicans seemed reluctant to do? Would they have added more natural gas to the grid, something the Republicans failed to do? It seems to me all those ideas would be counter to the concept of “green energy” which the Democrats are so fond of, it seems to me the Republican agenda is pretty similar to what Democrats would advocate. So what am I missing here? What would Democrats have done to prevent this awful situation?

I would prefer to first hear what the utopian anarchists would've done before making any decisions.

I would prefer to first hear what the utopian anarchists would've done before making any decisions.
Okay. Government should stay out of the “business” of providing commodities. It has a very bad record of doing so. Utilities are nothing more than commodities. A truly free society would not have a government interfering in markets. Free people would be responsible for providing for their own welfare, looking out for their own self interest. If the electric and water were provided by the marketplace it would most likely be widely dispersed. There would be no massive one-size-fits-all grid that collapses every resident into crisis when it fails.

There, I took the time to respond to your deflection, and I’ll be happy to defend my opinion as soon as you quit hiding and answer my question: how would Democratic leadership have prevented the outages from happening?

Okay. Government should stay out of the “business” of providing commodities. It has a very bad record of doing so. Utilities are nothing more than commodities. A truly free society would not have a government interfering in markets. Free people would be responsible for providing for their own welfare, looking out for their own self interest. If the electric and water were provided by the marketplace it would most likely be widely dispersed. There would be no massive one-size-fits-all grid that collapses every resident into crisis when it fails.

There, I took the time to respond to your deflection, and I’ll be happy to defend my opinion as soon as you quit hiding and answer my question: how would Democratic leadership have prevented the outages from happening?

that is outrageous.

Everyone knows that a moral form of fascism is the best and most efficient way to govern.

A dem regulatory authority probably would've regulated and made them winterize their utility grid. I heard a talking head this a.m. say all other states did it. I question if Hawaii did and I haven't looked at it but that's a good place to start.

Dan, is unregulated utilities working anywhere? And do you know why government started regulating electricity in the U.S.?

ADVERTISEMENT