ADVERTISEMENT

Your Most Influential Person

pcaggie

2nd Team
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2001
Crappy Sunday. Led into a crappy Monday. And really crappy because I live far away. I have had a falling out with my father after the passing of my mother. He remarried. Quickly. Like three months. The man I have most looked up to in my life is my HS baseball coach. He went forward in church Sunday and announced he has cancer. Of the spine. This man is my hero. And a hero of Pond Creek. I have been a mess since last night after hearing the news. I texted him, and he responded. I will say this, even as a 40 year old. If you are a teacher, administrator, or a coach. You have no idea of the impact you have on young people. Keep doing what you do.

I would have said both my mom and dad up until the last few years. Now I would say my 10 and 6 year olds. It’s a different kind of influence, but they influence damn near every decision I make.

have no idea of your circumstances with your dad, but being alone and lonely is a tough way to go at any age, but especially after the loss of a mate. Maybe that's what prompted him to act quickly. Be glad he moved on and didn't become a burden or problem. Life goes on.

Dad, grandfather, and Bill Teegins, in that order.

Crappy Sunday. Led into a crappy Monday. And really crappy because I live far away. I have had a falling out with my father after the passing of my mother. He remarried. Quickly. Like three months. The man I have most looked up to in my life is my HS baseball coach. He went forward in church Sunday and announced he has cancer. Of the spine. This man is my hero. And a hero of Pond Creek. I have been a mess since last night after hearing the news. I texted him, and he responded. I will say this, even as a 40 year old. If you are a teacher, administrator, or a coach. You have no idea of the impact you have on young people. Keep doing what you do.
Is this coach SH?

my kids lost their HS hoops coach this august

due to circumstance he was my sons
biggest influence

my oldest graduated in 17

my second son graduates this year

my third son is a freshman and he was just getting his hooks into him this summer when the effin cancer got him

devastating hole in my sons lives

makes me sad typing this

ray west was a great man

sorry for what you’re dealing with
pcaggie

obviously ignorant of the details of your situation

i’m estranged from my oldest 3 boys

i urge an attempt at understanding without judgement with your pops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT