ADVERTISEMENT

Your go to motor oil. And why?

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Whats your go to motor oil and how come?

For me it's Mobil 1 full synthetic. I used to work at a tire shop with several mechanics. One was a lifetime mechanic, who's father was a mechanic. This guy was in his mid 50s, had 6 cars and ran that in all his cars. This was 2003, so things could have changed, but I've been a believer since listening from him.

That is mine as well. My brother in law used to tinker around with cars and worked his way through college at a jiffy lube...he swears by it and I've never had any issues with it.

Well my father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic. My mother's father was a mechanic. My three brothers are mechanics. Four uncles on my father's side are mechanics --
and 4 degrees above top dead center

I'd say Schaeffer, but it's damn near impossible to get. So Mobil 1 is usually what I go with...

Mobil 1synthetic in the modern cars, Mobil Delvac in the GTO.

This reminds me, I need to have my oil changed. Thank you

Devil's advocate : Has anyone ever had a mechanical problem that was directly attributed to inferior oil? I'm not talking about neglect from not changing it, I'm just wondering if anyone even has a story where a oil that met the OEM and SAE spec caused damage under average operating conditions. To answer the question though, Royal Purple, and for no scientific reason whatsoever :)

Valvoline synthetic in my SUV. No scientific reason, just have always liked Valvoline sponsored race cars, like Cale Yarborough, Al Unser Jr., etc. Mobil 1 synthetic in the wife's SUV because it is recommended by the manufacturer..

Devil's advocate : Has anyone ever had a mechanical problem that was directly attributed to inferior oil? I'm not talking about neglect from not changing it, I'm just wondering if anyone even has a story where a oil that met the OEM and SAE spec caused damage under average operating conditions. To answer the question though, Royal Purple, and for no scientific reason whatsoever :)

That's exactly what I was wondering.

Mobil 1 because my grandfather helped design it and he would haunt my dreams if I used anything else.

Reactions: gipraw
I'm gonna need about 10 quarts of antifreeze, preferably Prestone. No, make that Quaker State.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: shortbus
I'd say Schaeffer, but it's damn near impossible to get. So Mobil 1 is usually what I go with...
Call Schaeffer in St. Louis they can give you the number of a rep who you can buy from. They'll have it shipped directly to you if they aren't close enough to deliver.

All Schaeffer products are top quality. Their grease is way superior to just about anything out there. If you want your equipment to last and not break down they are the way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT