ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite podcasts

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
I've been on this Tim Ferris (4 hr workweek) podcast kick. I'm wanting to listen to guys like him, his guests who have innovative methods, different ways of thinking and efficient ways of doing things.

Anyone else have similar podcasts they listen to? Or different for that matter?

Was going to say Burr's as well, Stilly. Doesn't get any better. If you're a right winger, you might also catch comedian Nick DiPalo's as well. Jay Mohr's can be entertaining too, depending on his guests.

I listen to:

Bill Burr
Marc Maron-WTF
Doug Benson-Doug Loves Movies
Men In Blazers-Soccer podcast
Kevin Smith-Smodcast
Nerdest podcast
Joe Rogan Experience
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
The Bowery Boys: New York City History
Jimmy's Army Podcast-A OKC Energy FC podcast

Tell Em Steve Dave
Serial
Chewin it with Kevin and Steve
WTF with Marc Maron

I use to listen to a lot of podcasts, but not as many anymore. I listen to Arsecast regularly, which is a football (soccer) podcast about the team I support -- Arsenal FC. Andrew Mangan, who does the Arseblog daily, generally does the Arsecast every Friday and Arsecast Extra every Monday.

Other than that, I listen occasionally to a few others, some of which I send to listen to more often.

Here's my list of known favorites:

• Arsecast and Arsecast Extra
  • All Songs Considered and also Tiny Desk Concerts - NPR new music
  • Radio Lab - in depth discussion of all manner of subjects, such as how color is perceived
  • The Football Ramble - soccer
  • Men in Blazers - I watch the show on NBCSN more now
  • Stuff You Shoukd Know - self explanatory
  • Wired's The Monitor - Pop Culture
  • This America Life - in depth coverage of a wide variety of topics
  • Freakonomics Podcast

Last edited:
Art of Manliness podcast has a lot of self improvement episodes. Art of Charm has some similar stuff as well.

In addition to several already mentioned, I also really like You Are Not So Smart, and Shutdown Fullcast although with football over it won't be back for a bit.

I haven't been into podcasts long but this is what I've been rolling.

Between Worlds - recorded interviews and convos w/ innovators
Freakonomics
Stuff You Should Know
Ted Talks
Art of Manliness
the Minimalists - newer, couple dudes that talk about reducing clutter in your life and how you really don't need all the BS that you think you do.
The Tim Ferris Show
What's the Point - stories/interviews about statistics and data

Last edited:
Found this about 6 months ago and love the hell out of it.

Thanks For Giving A Damn with Otis Gibbs

If you enjoy listening to podcasts, I've just published my 125th episode. There's no music, just road stories and history lessons told by some of your favorite musicians. People like Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Bragg, Todd Snider, Gretchen Peters, Hayes Carll, etc. telling stories about Dylan, Cash, Harlan Howard, Patsy, Jerry Reed and a ton of other greats.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Found this about 6 months ago and love the hell out of it.

Thanks For Giving A Damn with Otis Gibbs

If you enjoy listening to podcasts, I've just published my 125th episode. There's no music, just road stories and history lessons told by some of your favorite musicians. People like Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Bragg, Todd Snider, Gretchen Peters, Hayes Carll, etc. telling stories about Dylan, Cash, Harlan Howard, Patsy, Jerry Reed and a ton of other greats.

That is a good one.

Glad you brought this thread new life, TLW.

On recommendation, I've checked out

Bowery Boys (these guys are cool)
Art of Manliness
Stuff you should know
Freakonomics

I would recommend all of them. Thanks for sharing, fellas.

Anyone know of any Oklahoma History podcasts? Tx has tons of good stuff but a quick search for Ok history came up blank.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT