ADVERTISEMENT

WW1 Museum in KC

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
anyone else toured this? The wife and I did several weeks ago. It was pretty impactful to me, as I didn't know much at all about that war. I thought it to be well worth the admission charge.

Reactions: jkosu and MegaPoke
anyone else toured this? The wife and I did several weeks ago. It was pretty impactful to me, as I didn't know much at all about that war. I thought it to be well worth the admission charge.

Yes....I was in KC over Memorial Day weekend a couple of years ago and took a tour. The wall with the diagram of how the war started is the best example of "avoid foreign entanglement". A bunch of restored equipment was on display outside and some of the local re-enactors were wearing appropriate uniforms.

Yes....I was in KC over Memorial Day weekend a couple of years ago and took a tour. The wall with the diagram of how the war started is the best example of "avoid foreign entanglement". A bunch of restored equipment was on display outside and some of the local re-enactors were wearing appropriate uniforms.

I'll be honest, I was likely taught WW1 history in college/HS but going to the Museum was most impactful. I read a few letters from men (dead) who sent them to their families back home. Seeing the weapons, uniforms, surgical tools etc really made it hit home. I did find it interesting that the film said the world felt like a world war was inevitable and even viewed it as kind of a cleansing process. It's neat how they section off the museum with one section with no US participation and the next section that was all about the US.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT