ADVERTISEMENT

Why is border security not a top priority

Because to close the border would allow the progressives among us to start chanting "racist". It's a strategy that has worked because it's largely been ignored in hopes that it would just go away.

I don't see it as "closing" the border but more of an enforcement of our most critical law.

An open border provides cheap(er) Mexican labor to business and "theoretically" votes for the D's. Not sure the last one is accurate as it depends on the R. candidate; Bush is a good example.

The scary part of an open border has nothing to do with the previous commentary; it's all the other terrorists coming in via non-enforcement that should scare hell out of anyone (except my extensive ignore list).

Terrorists love the idea of Sanctuary Cities. It isn't just Hispanics they will let roam free there...

I think those who chose to support illegal immigrants should leave their doors unlocked and open at their homes each night. Also leave keys in their cars with windows open. That is pretty much what they want the rest of us to do.

I have no problem with immigration, but I do have a problem with an "open door" policy.

Make them earn a path to citizenship first by signing up to go fight ISiS for 3 years

Make them earn a path to citizenship first by signing up to go fight ISiS for 3 years

I see you took your meds. Great idea.

I'm not in the camp of amnesty, but I do believe those here working and not criminals should be allowed to stay on a work visa (even permanent), but should have to get in the back of the line for citizenship, or maybe never get full citizenship since they came here illegally. I just want to make sure they signed the guestbook and pay taxes. Those that do not sign the guestbook, get shipped back.

Apparently the little white kid that mows cups yard for free snuck in his house and posted this. I'm sure the recant to this post will be along shortly in the form of his normal batshit crazy ideas. Bring it cup.

What is the incentive for the typical politician to close the border? Businesses like cheap labor so the corporation money, which is huge, is against it. The Catholic Church is against it. For whatever reason I haven't seen the labor unions campaigning for it which it seems like they should. We've had no major terrorist attacks because of it. Offering any policy short of amnesty and you are branded a racist. Look I absolutely think the problem needs to be addressed one way or another but I don't see it happening any time soon. Three things IMO make politicians act....money, votes, doing the right thing, in that order. Right now those factors aren't tilted towards doing anything about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT