ADVERTISEMENT

Who's been to the Kentucky Derby?

kjcba8101

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Ive always wanted to go, but never have. I saw tickets were $450 and up. I'm not sure if there are better prices than that, but that was on their official site. I imagine the derby is tons of fun. Can anyone share their experience?

Fun once. Wouldn't do it again. Kind of like the super bowl.

Few times. It's pretty special.

I've done infield and seats. It's completely different between the two.

What all do you want to know? Tickets aren't cheap unless you know someone:

Is it a drunk fest/frat party atmosphere? Are there any special events that people do before the derby (Friday night, etc)?

It's a full week of partying if you want to.

The infield is the frat party. Its cheap, and you get what you pay for. It's a lot cleaner in the seats, but it's still a party.

Most locals go to Oaks or Therby. Some are even pushing that back to Werby. Other locals just leave town all together.

I think it's definitely worth doing at least once.

Been 3 times but not particularly eager to make it 4.

Really cool experience if the weather cooperates and definitely a bucket list item for most sports fans. Hotel and ticket costs are crazy though assuming you want to be in the grandstands and not in the infield.

Squash the Derby, go to the festivities around it! I am going down for Thunder Over Louisville with my cousin to kick of the Derby!

Agree on Thunder and the additional festivities. Seemed like the three weeks leading up there was a party on the riverfront almost every night,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT