ADVERTISEMENT

Whole house generators

poke2001

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
What should I expect to spend in OKC?

Would want it to run AC, lights, fridge etc. probably need 16 kW doubt I need 22 kW (water heater and heat are gas).

What should I expect to spend in OKC?

Would want it to run AC, lights, fridge etc. probably need 16 kW doubt I need 22 kW (water heater and heat are gas).
What will be your power source? (Natural Gas, Propane, Diesel) That will determine cost. Go to Generac web site and you can plug all that info in and get a pretty good quote. Don't forget you still need electricity to run your heat even though it's gas.

Last edited:
Natural gas.

Yes, the blower and starter are electric but don’t consume much power. Will definitely need to run those, but it shouldn’t change the overall required wattage much.

I would just call a local electrician/dealer that installs them and get a quote.

I would just call a local electrician/dealer that installs them and get a quote.
Yeh. We are getting a quote this week. Thought I’d reach out to NSB experts to make sure I’m not getting screwed though.

I have a 6500w portable and had it made so I can plug it into the utility panel.

I can do the fridge/freezer, one tv, ceiling fans, and lights with that. Haven’t tried anything more than that. Cost less than $850 including
the generator.

You fellas preparing for Y2K?
I’m not. Just enjoy having power.

Got a quote for $8k turnkey for 22kw. Seems maybe a tad on the high side. I can buy the same one with transfer switch for $4k. I don’t need a pad poured and it will be 5 feet from a gas line and 3 feet from my panel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT