ADVERTISEMENT

Where to vacation in US.

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
We have a 3000 dollar credit (airline) from a cancelled Italy trip. Gotta use it before may. Any ideas?

Me? I would fly first class to St Thomas and rent a house with a pool on Water Island. You? I’d suggest San Francisco or DC.
DC? I’m not going to any city. I was thinking either Maui or Banff near Calgary. I hate being on a plane long enough for the Hawaii trip though.

With that type of credit do Maui. Otherwise you’ll probably have a lot left if you try the Caribbean.

By the time you fly to Puerto Rico then take another flight to St. John's, you'd use that voucher.

Caribbean (the good areas) is just a cheaper, closer Hawaii imo. Plus, the water's warmer in winter than in hawaii.

We cancelled a trip to Cozumel bc we did not want to risk testing positive and getting stuck for 10 days.We have 6 months to use the credit but I am not real excited to go anywhere on a plane anytime soon.

Reactions: Corndog2021
DC? I’m not going to any city. I was thinking either Maui or Banff near Calgary. I hate being on a plane long enough for the Hawaii trip though.
I am seriously considering Banff with our family of 4 (12 and 9yo). Have any of you been there before? Thoughts?

Curious if anyone has an educated guess on how strict the masking and vax requirements will be in July/August.

I am seriously considering Banff with our family of 4 (12 and 9yo). Have any of you been there before? Thoughts?

Curious if anyone has an educated guess on how strict the masking and vax requirements will be in July/August.
It’s going to be more strict in Canada most likely. We are looking at Banff, Big Sky, or Jackson Hole.

By the time you fly to Puerto Rico then take another flight to St. John's, you'd use that voucher.

Caribbean (the good areas) is just a cheaper, closer Hawaii imo. Plus, the water's warmer in winter than in hawaii.
There’s no airport on St John. You fly to St Thomas and take a ferry to St John. There are two daily direct flights from Dallas and I think four from Miami, and that’s just American Airlines. If you do fly to St Thomas and choose first class you can eat up that credit. I would recommend first class these days because you can drink the whole flight and pretty much go maskless.

It’s going to be more strict in Canada most likely. We are looking at Banff, Big Sky, or Jackson Hole.
If your looking at skiing it may not be the year. We didn’t get the Ikon this year knowing what is going on in the industry.

If your looking at skiing it may not be the year. We didn’t get the Ikon this year knowing what is going on in the industry.
Not enough snow? I’m just trying to figure it a vacation to go on before may. Skiiing seems the best bet due to the season

I’m curious as to what you mean. I skied three Ikon mountains two weeks ago and it was killer. Great snow (we got lucky that that we didn’t go earlier) and everything was up and running.

There’s no airport on St John. You fly to St Thomas and take a ferry to St John. There are two daily direct flights from Dallas and I think four from Miami, and that’s just American Airlines. If you do fly to St Thomas and choose first class you can eat up that credit. I would recommend first class these days because you can drink the whole flight and pretty much go maskless.
Sorry, that right, no flights to SJ, but you can take a car ferry over and its a cool trip. You need a car on st johns imo.

Not enough snow? I’m just trying to figure it a vacation to go on before may. Skiiing seems the best bet due to the season
Not about the snow but mainly about operations. Depending on the resort and the timing many resorts are struggling. Whether it be staffing because of Covid or like here in CO not having staffing that can afford to live here because of the Covid nomads. Many resorts have several restaurants they can’t get open creating experience issues.

Sorry, that right, no flights to SJ, but you can take a car ferry over and its a cool trip. You need a car on st johns imo.
Yeah, unless your vrbo contact knows a driver. Driving there and St Thomas is not for the faint of heart.

Yeah, unless your vrbo contact knows a driver. Driving there and St Thomas is not for the faint of heart.
I've driven all over that island without incident. Well... we gave some donkeys some apples so later they found our jeep and nosed around in it, but that was about it.

If someone is going, reach out and I'll share the perfect St. John's day trip for the physically fit. If this can't gitcha laid, nothing will.

Reactions: The Duke
I've driven all over that island without incident. Well... we gave some donkeys some apples so later they found our jeep and nosed around in it, but that was about it.

If someone is going, reach out and I'll share the perfect St. John's day trip for the physically fit. If this can't gitcha laid, nothing will.
I’ve never driven on St John. In St Thomas they say no one is in a hurry until they are driving. Very true!

Tahoe (but stay north) or basically anywhere in CA is awesome. Jackson Hole is amazing. Mentioned earlier Maine, but will be colder than a witch’s titty this time of year.

Tahoe (but stay north) or basically anywhere in CA is awesome. Jackson Hole is amazing. Mentioned earlier Maine, but will be colder than a witch’s titty this time of year.
Oh I missed the before May part. Ya Maine would be cold still. Usually get a freeze or two up until May.

Or a place in Peterborg facing Magan’s Bay or the other side looking north.

He means Peter Bay.

Damn expensive place to rent a home but the dream neighborhood for me.

Edit: I’m actually thinking of St John, where you get this view:

delfina-2-1.jpg

Kenny Chesney’s primary home is here, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Last edited:
He means Peter Bay.

Damn expensive place to rent a home but the dream neighborhood for me.

Edit: I’m actually thinking of St John, where you get this view:

delfina-2-1.jpg

Kenny Chesney’s primary home is here, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Yes, Peterborg is one of the most exclusive areas on St Thomas. Michael Jordan had a place there.

Reactions: The Duke
Yes, Peterborg is one of the most exclusive areas on St Thomas. Michael Jordan had a place there.
yes, we can confirm. We saw it from our boat cruising around the island and the locals told us to look for it. He even had a basketball goal sitting on the driveway. Probably had a gym as well with a basketball court! We couldn't really get a great look at everything because we were down on the water and the house is sitting up on the side of the mountain/hill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT