ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do?

BvillePoker

Heisman Candidate
Dec 29, 2004
So this happened to me this morning and it really got my goat. I bring my first cup of coffee to work with me every morning in a traveler. I get to work pretty early and not a lot of people are there; so about 15 minutes after getting to work it is time to go get my second cup from the communal pots. As usual none of the three carafs at the coffee station have any coffee in them. I start a fresh pot of coffe and head back to my desk. Five minutes later I go back to the coffee station to fill my cup with fresh brew. Another MF'er arrives about the same time as me and proceeds to fill up an isulated caraf with the whole pot of coffee to take back to his desk. PUTS THE EMPTY COFFEE POT BACK AND WALKS AWAY!! Now first, it is inconsiderate to put an empty pot back wthout starting a new pot. Second, YOU F*****ING saw me standing there waiting to get to the coffee pot MF'er!! Me being the pacifist that I am just fumed inside and didn't say anything to the low life scum. Ever happen to you? What would you have done?

I would of sarcastically thanked him for leaving me a cup of the coffee "THAT I MADE". No way they get by without a comment.

I would've said, "what do you think you're doing MF'er!" unless it's your boss or another superior.

In the blue-collar world, you get to sling assholes like that up against the wall and threaten to cram his thermos full of your hot coffee up his ass if it ever happens again.

In the white collar world, you should tap him politely on the shoulder and explain that you did not show up early to work to make a pot of coffee for his private consumption.

If he starts to walk away or has something smart to say, see blue-collar response above.

How big a place is this? I can't imagine working at an outfit that had so many people working on the same floor that folks don't know each other. Do people on this floor think they are so anonymous they can treat each other like trailer trash with impunity?

I guess realistically you'd better file a complaint in triplicate with HR. Stories like this are why it's best I stay out on the farm.

I saw that happened one time and so I mentioned that it's a hazard to place an empty pot on a hot burner. It happened again that same morning.

The next morning I hid the coffee pots. People then walked across the parking lot to the next building for coffee. Then the rioting started and my supervisor got into the fracas. He proceeded to buy stainless coffee pots.

You should have made all three pots instead of just the one for you.

Next time, just as him what the **** he's doing.

Take a deep breath. Realize it is not worth the stress, anger, increased blood pressure etc. Put on another pot of coffee and wait there until it finishes to make sure you get some.

Then you need to be very nice to the guy every time you see him. In fact, you need to be sure to be there to pour his coffee for him as often as possible. Next, you need to plan to work late enough you are the only person left in the building one day a week once every quarter minimum. Over time you will develop a relationship where you visit with him. On the nights that you work late you will remove every bolt that holds his chair to the base. Hopefully, he has coffee in his hand every time you do this when he sits. This needs to happen at least 4 times in a year and you need to make sure that he gains full confidence in his chair before doing it again.

It happens at my company too. We (the good people, the ones that take the time to put on another pot) do point them out when we see them though.

My big office question is, do you point out the dudes that walk out of the men's room without so much as a pretend washing of the hands.

I started a thread about this a while back, these type of people are lower than dirt. I now roll into the office with this 35 oz Thermos every day and enjoy my 2/3s of a pot in peace.

I don't care that I look like I'm getting ready to start my shift at the mill.

3410USPBL_Enlargement.png

Reactions: MegaPoke
"Hey bruh, top me off" (holding out your empty vessel)

Those exact words should have rolled out your mouth.

It would be impolite for him to refuse. If he does, tell him you made it. If he still refuses, now you know....

Now you know... that you are justified in following through with whatever plot you come up with.

Inconsiderate behavior should not be tolerated.

Reactions: UrbanCowboy
I'd have stabbed him with a paperclip in his jugular.

I like coffee a lot.

Last edited:
I bring my own beans in a french press and just use the hot water out of the coffee maker.

I bring my own beans in a french press and just use the hot water out of the coffee maker.

Our office can be pretty passive aggressive. However, when it comes to coffee, people speak up and directly.

I've been right in people's face about it, and I'm not alone. It's pretty rare that it's a problem now.

Should have started laughing when you saw he was about to take it all. When he looked to see why you were laughing you should have told him you just cant do it and that you peed in the pot.

If that's the worst thing that happens to you, you've had a pretty good day.

Nope. You're wrong, wahoo. Having to work in corporate or in a large office, is a pride swallowing siege (h/t to Charlie).

I would find a way to fvck with this minion. Like stay at the office until he leaves, then brew 3 pots of Joe and fill up 20 cups of the small variety that you arrange around his workspace...and leave a note of the witty variety.

I might even go to Walmart and buy the cheapest, shittiest coffee maker and put it on his desk...with a note that said happy secretary's day or some shit.

Point is, have fun with it...don't let it bring ya down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT