ADVERTISEMENT

What the media (and others) don't get about Donald Trump.

Headhunter thanks for posting and I agree. Respect McCain for his service for sure, but as a senator he has been worthless. Notice he is so arrogant as well to now demand an apology on behalf of all military personnel and families. What a clown....man up John and go after him yourself don't hide behind other military folks and all your establishment buddies who kiss your worthless RINO backside.

Trump is a buffoon, but this article is dead on. He did a phone interview with Matt Lauer on the Today Show this morning and the first thing he did was lay into Lauer over the way the show had misrepresented his quote and he didn't back down an inch, even when Lauer kept trying to change the subject. Everyone knows the mainstream media is biased, and care little about getting the story right but they get away with it because no one will call them out. I immediately told my wife that I get it why people are drawn to him. He's playing like he has nothing to lose, which he really doesn't, and if some of the other candidates don't get with the program their candidacies are going to be dead in the water.

I think its funny that the media gives him all the attention as if he's a credible threat.

Trump, as well as the first 40 people listed in most phone books across America, would make a better president than the one we have now.

F*ck, we have a female standard poodle that has more sense and "balls" than this putz.

why are the libs so interested in trying to make the guy look bad? I know why the Restablishment pack wants to make him look bad because he has tapped a nerve that Jeb won't touch due to him being a RINO in RINO's clothing. I love he won't back down and the whole thing about McCain is silly.....Walker is still my guy though. The libs act so indignant about Trump "insulting" McCain, but why? Is it more because McCain is more like a lib then a conservative? Or they know Hillary is weak sauce and that Trump as a candidate would be easy to isolate, target and ridicule? Trump will falter, but hopefully some of the other candidates will find their backbones before than and quit trying to play footsies with everyone. Need a serious candidate with serious solutions this go around.

Reactions: TPOKE
Do you guys who are enamored with Trump realize he took the exact opposite position on immigration 4 years ago when Romney was running?

why are the libs so interested in trying to make the guy look bad? I know why the Restablishment pack wants to make him look bad because he has tapped a nerve that Jeb won't touch due to him being a RINO in RINO's clothing. I love he won't back down and the whole thing about McCain is silly.....Walker is still my guy though. The libs act so indignant about Trump "insulting" McCain, but why? Is it more because McCain is more like a lib then a conservative? Or they know Hillary is weak sauce and that Trump as a candidate would be easy to isolate, target and ridicule? Trump will falter, but hopefully some of the other candidates will find their backbones before than and quit trying to play footsies with everyone. Need a serious candidate with serious solutions this go around.
Wishful thinking since most are politicians and have no backbones. I'm amazed at all the eunuchs who have decided to run.

Don't know that anyone's enamored with him, but changing positions on the issues of the day will land you in the White House. At least it does for liberals.

Well, in each instance he was yelling and lobbing fire bombs at those who took the position opposed to his own. Not too many successful politicians make such a radical departure from past positions quite so swiftly.

Do you guys who are enamored with Trump realize he took the exact opposite position on immigration 4 years ago when Romney was running?
Trump was just sucking up to the ruling class in order to make more money. Politicians love it when rich people agree with them.

You may not like Trump but he is no dummy when it comes to playing politicians for fools.

Reactions: imprimis
Trump was just sucking up to the ruling class in order to make more money. Politicians love it when rich people agree with them.

You may not like Trump but he is no dummy when it comes to playing politicians for fools.

Just like now, only he's sucking up to a different group.

Nobody, repeat nobody, has changed their positions or straight out lied and then did the opposite than the current occupier of the Oval Office. If Hillary gets elected it would be the first time in 8 years that someone's balls have touched the chair behind the desk.

Nobody, repeat nobody, has changed their positions or straight out lied and then did the opposite than the current occupier of the Oval Office. If Hillary gets elected it would be the first time in 8 years that someone's balls have touched the chair behind the desk.

Ouch.

Well, in each instance he was yelling and lobbing fire bombs at those who took the position opposed to his own. Not too many successful politicians make such a radical departure from past positions quite so swiftly.

His delivery is questionable. "Not too many successful politicians........."

I'll agree with your "Not too many" stance but the current president has been pretty damn good at it. He's done 180's on things fairly swiftly.

Whether I like Trump or not is two sides of a coin to me. I like his brashness and middle finger attitude to established politicians. I do not like his stances on a lot of subjects. The real issue is that the Rep. party needs to be consolidating their support and votes behind some real genuine contenders not watering down and spreading out votes.

Whether I like Trump or not is two sides of a coin to me. I like his brashness and middle finger attitude to established politicians. I do not like his stances on a lot of subjects. The real issue is that the Rep. party needs to be consolidating their support and votes behind some real genuine contenders not watering down and spreading out votes.
Spoken like a true blue, go along to get along voter.

People are sick and tired of the incompetent, do nothing constructive, political class. Republicans have nominated middle of the road "don't say anything to offend" politicians for two decades now and where has it gotten us? The worst, most radical incompetent President possibly in the history of the United States.

Almost 50% of registered voters didn't turn out in the last Presidential election. Those are the people the establishment of both parties need to fear.

Republicans have nominated middle of the road "don't say anything to offend" politicians for two decades now and where has it gotten us? .

Well, during the Democratic years it's gotten us pretty good results --we have lessening unemployment, increased revenue, increased GDP, we're safe, we don't have those recessions that seem to plague the last two republican presdiencies. What specifically are you referring to that's so bad? No electricity? Is your tax load crushing? Are you unsafe? Have your guns and ammo been taken? What's so wrong right now that cries for a candidate like you're romanticizing?

Incidentally, the Trump honeymoon is officially over. His polling lead that was 24% with a double digit lead over the next guy has plummeted, apparently. Single digits. There's the problem with your preferred type of politician -- crazy just gets youmore crazy. They don't have the maturity or sanity to keep the campaign on a winning track.

Well, during the Democratic years it's gotten us pretty good results --we have lessening unemployment, increased revenue, increased GDP, we're safe, we don't have those recessions that seem to plague the last two republican presdiencies. What specifically are you referring to that's so bad? No electricity? Is your tax load crushing? Are you unsafe? Have your guns and ammo been taken? What's so wrong right now that cries for a candidate like you're romanticizing?

Incidentally, the Trump honeymoon is officially over. His polling lead that was 24% with a double digit lead over the next guy has plummeted, apparently. Single digits. There's the problem with your preferred type of politician -- crazy just gets youmore crazy. They don't have the maturity or sanity to keep the campaign on a winning track.
"we're safe" tell that to the families of those 5 dead service members from last weeks terror attack in Tennessee.

"Single digits" show me that poll please.

"we're safe" tell that to the families of those 5 dead service members from last weeks terror attack in Tennessee.
Yeah and tell all the family members of people struck by lightning how "we're safe."

Lessening unemployment?

We have more working age people unemployed in the history of our nation.
Wrong.

fredgraph.png

And to preempt the inevitable participation rate retorts: 153 million people were in the labor force in 2007, there were 157. The participation rate for working age Americans is the same as 1985 and only 1.7% less than it was in the 2000s. Not bad considering 8 million jobs disappeared from the economy during the great recession (Obama has added 12 million).

Glad to see you are on board with the statistical irrelevance of shooting rampages.
When terrorism kills 30,000 people a year (mostly young) mostly one at a time, with only the terrorism rampages making the news, you will have a great parallel here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT