ADVERTISEMENT

What makes a person racist?

Originally posted by Headhunter:

No you're the racial profiler I'm just not afraid to call a criminal a criminal no matter their skin color. What ever their circumtances, getto, poverty, it doesn't matter if you are a thug I'm going to call you a thug. You on the other hand are willing to over look bad behavior based on their skin color.
Uh, when was this? I can tell you exactly when you argued stridently for racial profiling by both police, wanna be police, and people walking down the street.

Is this a bunch of white people arguing over what a bunch of black people think?

Wow, sure is a lot of conversation in this. Shocking considering the answer is so simple.

The answer to what makes a person a racist is......being white.

/thread
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by 07pilt:

No you're the racial profiler I'm just not afraid to call a criminal a criminal no matter their skin color. What ever their circumtances, getto, poverty, it doesn't matter if you are a thug I'm going to call you a thug. You on the other hand are willing to over look bad behavior based on their skin color.
Uh, when was this? I can tell you exactly when you argued stridently for racial profiling by both police, wanna be police, and people walking down the street.
Please show me where I "argued stridently for racial profiling by both police and wanna be police" you can't, all I have ever argued was Michael Brown was not an innocent child shot down by a murderous cop. He was a 6'4'' 300lb bully going around his neighborhood strong arming store merchants. He has a long criminal record but you won't see that reported because it helps the cop not the racist bull crap you and your liberal morons want to push.

I'm convinced that MOST the people whole see people as colors are actually liberals.

As mega said above, my kids don't think about skin color at all. It's not even a thought. I think 95% of their generation feel the same. So the point is ... It's getting generationally better.

What I want to see is some liberal group take a person to task who equates a president, legislator, political movement or radio host to hitler. Let's talk about marginalizing. Hitler > wookie.

That's what kills me. The unilateral application of liberal indignation.

I'm a wrong in thinking calling someone hitler is at least as bad as using the n word?

If not - then splain eet too me Lucy.

(Just proving I am racist by making fun of a dialect)

I'm convinced that MOST the people whole see people as colors are actually liberals.

As mega said above, my kids don't think about skin color at all. It's not even a thought. I think 95% of their generation feel the same. So the point is ... It's getting generationally better.

I sort of disagree about liberals being who sees color, but I think they definitely still look at it as some kind of special evil that's worse than being an asshole for other "better" reasons. I think that your statement of generational change fits in better with what I'm saying. From what I see among my three kids and 100% of their friends, it's not a factor. There are openly gay kids at school too who are not ostracized like the kids I went to school with who are NOW openly gay adults would've been.

I shot the Bixby/Jenks game last week and saw two gay male teens walking under the bleacher area among the crowd with their arms around each other, doing their best to draw attention. Couldn't tell that they got much, but then again I didn't pay them much myself. But I'll tell you this. Two guys doing that at a Bixby Jenks game when I was in school in the 80's would've absolutely been hassled or worse.

Very different world. You almost have to be trying to keep your head in the sand to not see this. We may not live to see it, but when kids today are grown with a couple more generations underneath them, racism might just be a strange chapter in their anthropology or history class.

Anyway - one last thing. If we keep, as a society, saying "that's racist!" about something like Obama and a wookie, we are absolutely training kids to look for racism in everything they see, and slowing down progress we are making - racially speaking.

And we are really not giving them much credit for knowing better, or for being able to not let a wookie make them feel bad about their race. Holy shit that's insulting to even suggest and perfectly represents the soft racism of lower expectations.

This post was edited on 9/13 9:56 AM by MegaPoke

Originally posted by MegaPoke:

Anyway - one last thing. If we keep, as a society, saying "that's racist!" about something like Obama and a wookie, we are absolutely training kids to look for racism in everything they see, and slowing down progress we are making - racially speaking.

And we are really not giving them much credit for knowing better, or for being able to not let a wookie make them feel bad about their race. Holy shit that's insulting to even suggest and perfectly represents the soft racism of lower expectations.

This post was edited on 9/13 9:56 AM by MegaPoke
I owe you a beer Mega. You've stated what I failed to do.

I think Pilts formula for labeling a person a racist is simplistic and dated. It does the added damage of what you mentioned above. His formula fails fundamentally on not attaching the "reasonable person" test to both offender and offendee. By making his view of racism so formulaic (and so basic at that), his thinking absolutely stunts the growth of society and impunes those who have already moved past that thought process. Mega, you take it a step further in correctly calling out the built in soft racism of the formula.

Again, thanks for doing what I couldn't do.

The infliction of bigotry, in this case with race as a difference for that bigotry, has something that has been very heartbreaking to me for a long time do to life experiences. The very basic self-centered ignorance of it is what is what makes it frustrating to me. Through this thread, and some introspection, I don't believe Pilt has an agenda (though there is certainly a reason/motive for many to claim racism where there is none), and that he is of decent intent. However, I find his vehicle of pushing for a more virtuous society pretty despicable in its applying labels where sometimes labels don't fit. And crying racism too often, where it doesn't apply, injures both the person labeled and the cause of squashing legitimate racism.

Mega you're right.

Let's be honest. Liberals want racism/homophobia/poverty to exist as much as racists/homophobes/bigots/greedy bastards. Without it the libs have no votes.

Please show me where I "argued stridently for racial profiling by both police and wanna be police" you can't, all I have ever argued was Michael Brown was not an innocent child shot down by a murderous cop. He was a 6'4'' 300lb bully going around his neighborhood strong arming store merchants. He has a long criminal record but you won't see that reported because it helps the cop not the racist bull crap you and your liberal morons want to push.
You are getting your unarmed black teens mixed up. You were totally and completely for any and all racial profiling at the time of the George Zimmerman trial. Have you had a change in heart?

Or maybe we are training our kids to be considerate and their words and to think about how their speech and actions can affect other. I still don't understand how noticing racism=racism. Are we approaching this great age where anthropologists consider racism a historical oddity, because people ignored the racism around them?

This logic can literally be applied to the Nword or any other abhorrent hate speech. Its really the people who are against using that language that are the true racists. Saying that people shouldn't have to deal with racism implies that they aren't good enough to thrive in a racist environment. I guess I should raise my expectations.

Affirmative action is the largest use of racial profiling around.

You are getting your unarmed black teens mixed up. You were totally and completely for any and all racial profiling at the time of the George Zimmerman trial. Have you had a change in heart?
You are full of crap, you see what you want to see. I thought George Zimmerman should of been convicted of manslaughter not murder which is exactly why he got off, he was over charged. What I argued in the Zimmerman case was that the victim was also not some innocent child, he attacked Zimmerman and was beating the crap out of him.

Zimmerman was at fault for getting out of his car but Martin wasn't gunned down in cold blood, he was on top of Zimmerman beating his head into concrete. I'm willing to consider those types of facts before convicting someone of murder, you on the other hand would convict someone solely based on your racial bias.

I would gladly convict and throw away the key of anyone proven to have murdered another, regardles of the skin color of the people involved.

Originally posted by CBradSmith:
However, I find his vehicle of pushing for a more virtuous society pretty despicable in its applying labels where sometimes labels don't fit. And crying racism too often, where it doesn't apply, injures both the person labeled and the cause of squashing legitimate racism.
Let me be clear, I am not some wookie crusader. I am just answering PDT's question, "Calling Michelle Obama Chewbacca/a wookie is racist because ________________." I don't google "Obama wookie" and then stir up trouble on all the message boards it shows up on, mainly because only racists say it and they don't care if it is racist, but also because it is the least important racism in the world.

You make it pretty clear that you think mislabeling something racist is a problem, but you never address my reasons why I am not mislabeling, nor to do you put forth a counter criterion for judging when the racist label fits. I understand your point on how the label racist can be used to silence conversation in certain situations like the legitimate criticism of the POTUS, by focusing the conversation too much on the horrible impact of racism and giving the issue of the accuracy of the criticism short shrift. Is focusing on the horrible impact of impact of mislabeling and giving short shrift to the issue of the accuracy of label not the same sin? What is the difference between trying to silence people who notice racism by calling them the true racist, or a race baiter, and trying to silence an Obama conversation by calling some one racist? I guess my point is that there is nothing wrong with having an opinion on the matter as long as you are willing to discuss the merits of your opinion.

You are full of crap, you see what you want to see. I thought George Zimmerman should of been convicted of manslaughter not murder which is exactly why he got off, he was over charged. What I argued in the Zimmerman case was that the victim was also not some innocent child, he attacked Zimmerman and was beating the crap out of him.

Zimmerman was at fault for getting out of his car but Martin wasn't gunned down in cold blood, he was on top of Zimmerman beating his head into concrete. I'm willing to consider those types of facts before convicting someone of murder, you on the other hand would convict someone solely based on your racial bias.

I would gladly convict and throw away the key of anyone proven to have murdered another, regardles of the skin color of the people involved.
You then went on to argue vehemently for racial profiling since statistically blacks commit more crimes. Feel free to go on the record against race being used as a reason for suspicion by police or anyone else, and I'll have no problem with you quoting the I have a dream speech.

Yes I will argue even now that the police have very good reason to be scared of young black males. That doesn't mean I hate young black males it just means I understand the facts they are dealing with.

Should police pull someone over for no cause, of course not, but the fact is police are on edge especially when dealing with young blacks in particular, because they do commit a disproportionate amount of crime, that causes the police to use bad judgement sometimes.

If you can't even understand this basic fact then I don't know what more I can do to educate you.

This post was edited on 9/15 1:54 PM by Headhunter

Yes I will argue even now that the police have very good reason to be scared of young black males. That doesn't mean I hate young black males it just means I understand the facts they are dealing with.

Should police pull someone over for no cause, of course not, but the fact is police are on edge especially when dealing with young blacks in particular, because they do commit a disproportionate amount of crime, that causes the police to use bad judgement sometimes.

If you can't even understand this basic fact then I don't know what more I can do to educate you.

This post was edited on 9/15 1:54 PM by Headhunter
Martin Luther King: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they willnot[/B] be judged by the color of[/B] their skin[/B] but by the content[/B] of their character".[/B]

Martin Luther Kings dream of a color blind society has nothing to do with today's reality. It's what we want has a society, not what we have.

There isn't a snow balls chance in hell as a white person you would walk through South Chicago by youself in the middle of the night or South Central for that matter.

That makes you a racist hypocrite.

This post was edited on 9/15 7:31 PM by Headhunter

Martin Luther Kings dream of a color blind society has nothing to do with today's reality. It's what we want has a society, not what we have.
You are the one that brought it up. Is your memory really really that short or are you just a blatant hypocrite?

There isn't a snow balls chance in hell as a white person you would walk through South Chicago by youself in the middle of the night or South Central for that matter.

That would be because of the of the murder rate not because of the concentration of black people. If you can't tell the difference, you should leave the Dr. King quotes at home.

You are the one that brought it up. Is your memory really really that short or are you just a blatant hypocrite?

That would be because of the of the murder rate not because of the concentration of black people. If you can't tell the difference, you should leave the Dr. King quotes at home.

You couldn't recognize a salient point of view if it slapped you in the face.

You are totally making my arguement for me and you don't even realize it.

History just keeps repeating itself. Once again, the majority/privileged demographic in a country gets mad at any injustice perceived by the disadvantaged minority.

People like Head will run up to the line every time, touch their toe to it, and then bitch and claim martyr status when called ou for stepping over the line. If you guys wanted to get along and not be perceived as racist, you'd quit using language that's inflammatory. Even if it's not racist, it's awful close and you use it anyhow. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the motivation is.

You couldn't recognize a salient point of view if it slapped you in the face.

You are totally making my arguement for me and you don't even realize it.
roll.r191677.gif
you just can't help yourself can you? Keep on judging that character content.

I guess being Vice President of the United States.

pilt and sys' idol and god just can't keep his racist mouth shut. This isn't the first time this "progressive" has uttered racist comments. At least he's an equal opportunity racist. What a dip shit!

Liberals being liberals

And there it is. Sys doesn't care about minorities/poor. He has a problem with the "majority/privileged."

Biden just can't help him self. He's pretty much offended everyone.

But hey, per the ADL he has strong ties to Jews so it's ok to use anti-Semitic words.

Originally posted by long-duc-dong:

pilt and sys' idol and god just can't keep his racist mouth shut. This isn't the first time this "progressive" has uttered racist comments. At least he's an equal opportunity racist. What a dip shit!
Yes clearly Joe Biden is both my Idol and my God.

You know how you can tell that Joe Biden is a racist and not a 24/7 politics nonracist? When confronted with the reality of his poor word choice he admitted his mistake instead of complaining that the ADL was too sensitive, or that technically he just was refering to shylock just in terms of moneylending so it isn't actually racist, or that anyone that associates shylock with jews is the true racist, or you know jews hardly face any discrimination these days and the only way we can end racism is to quit noticing when people say racist things. Plus his daughter dated a jewish guy once.

There are rumors that the racist Biden has been known to quote MLK and then has the audacity to go on and practice what he preaches.
This post was edited on 9/17 2:53 PM by 07pilt

Yes clearly Joe Biden is both my Idol and my God.

We know, thanks for acknowledging.

You know how you can tell that Joe Biden is a racist and not a nonracist like many on this board? When confronted with the reality of his poor word choice he admitted his mistake instead of complaining that the ADL was too sensitive, or that technically he just was refering to shylock just in terms of moneylending so it isn't actually racist, or that anyone that associates shylock with jews is the true racist, or you know jews hardly face any discrimination these days and the only way we can end racism is to quit noticing when people say racist things. Plus his daughter dated a jewish guy once.

You keep making excuses for this repeat offender. There's a pattern with this clown you just won't come to grips with. He dislikes people that are different than him. Ol plugs just can't keep his mouth shut. The fact he admitted his mistake doesn't take away what he said. He said it. He believes it. He'll do it again. Mark it down. Liberals gonna be liberals.

You keep making excuses for this repeat offender. There's a pattern with this clown you just won't come to grips with. He dislikes people that are different than him. Ol plugs just can't keep his mouth shut. The fact he admitted his mistake doesn't take away what he said. He said it. He believes it. He'll do it again. Mark it down. Liberals gonna be liberals.
Those weren't actual excuses. That was mocking the nonracists on this board.

I would love to see the reaction on this board if I called some one racist for saying shylock or orient. How many people would admit their mistake? How many would argue technicalities, or complain about sensitivity or wish away racism with their daughters? How many would bring up MLK quotes and then after some interrogation show their hypocrisy and be blatantly racist?

"I'm told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let 'em
see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about. I'll tell you what,
you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal."

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate
and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a
storybook, man."

"In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans,
moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless
you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."

If you disagree with the prevailing left-wing intelligentsia on most anything then you are a racist. However, it is not incumbent on the left to prove you are a racist. It is incumbent on you to prove you are not. You're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT