ADVERTISEMENT

Webb Telescope

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Am I the only one that's floored at what this thing will do, and how they're making it work? Park it a million miles in outer space and it'll see an insane depth into the unknown universe. Just SMH at the capabilities of this thing.

I’ll get excited if it works, I remember all the issues with Hubble. So I’ll just stick to the new lenses I got for mine in the mean time.

I’ll get excited if it works, I remember all the issues with Hubble. So I’ll just stick to the new lenses I got for mine in the mean time.

One would hope that over the last 31 years since the Hubble was launched the technology has improved dramatically.

Reactions: hollywood
One would hope that over the last 31 years since the Hubble was launched the technology has improved dramatically.
Well no shit, space is a funny place though and there will always be bumps in the road. Not to mention NASA has a habit of over promising. Doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to it but also expecting some “we didn’t see that coming” moments.

Reactions: tcpoke
Well no shit, space is a funny place though and there will always be bumps in the road. Not to mention NASA has a habit of over promising. Doesn’t mean I’m not looking forward to it but also expecting some “we didn’t see that coming” moments.

No doubt on your last comment. However the biggest issue with Hubble originally was the back and forth communication.

It’s been a minute but I remember some mirror issues as well.

There definitely was, but I think it was mainly related to the communication issues in that they couldn’t get the mirror to change positions like it was supposed to. I could be way off though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT