ADVERTISEMENT

Walking Dead 2/26

When Negan drove off in the military cargo truck giving everyone the one finger salute, wasn't that truck outside the walls already? That sequence didn't seem right. Maybe I'm wrong. But that image made me chuckle. That'll be a good gif.

I don't know why they showed Sasha passing out or whatever with the headphones on in the opening scene. I caught on to what she was doing a few segments later.

What was the little soldier figurine that Daryl found in the gate? I'm drawing a blank on that one.

It was good, but others are right...weakest season yet due to the writing. Anymore, I just watch because I've been watching it from day one.

Reactions: Adman513
What was the little soldier figurine that Daryl found in the gate? I'm drawing a blank on that one.

I think it was left by Dwight, to let them know that he was not aware of the alliance between the Saviors and Scavengers, and is still wanting to get Negan killed. Not 100% sure on that.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
When Negan drove off in the military cargo truck giving everyone the one finger salute, wasn't that truck outside the walls already? That sequence didn't seem right. Maybe I'm wrong. But that image made me chuckle. That'll be a good gif.

I don't know why they showed Sasha passing out or whatever with the headphones on in the opening scene. I caught on to what she was doing a few segments later.

It was good, but others are right...weakest season yet due to the writing. Anymore, I just watch because I've been watching it from day one.
Dwight had figurines like that. I assume he was trying to let Daryl, et al know he didn't know about the Scavengers/Junkyard group planning to turn on them so Negan could pull the ambush.

Enjoyed the skull crushing first episode and the finale last night. The other 14 could have been rolled into about 3-4 episodes in my opinion.

I didn't figure out the coffin until they showed it.

Didn't see the garbage pail kids turning either. Figured it was Gregory.

The bailout by the Hilltop and Kingdom was predictable.

Why shoot Rick in the side? Don't get it. Either shoot him in the head or just shove him off to Negan.

Now we'll get to see the end of the war at the beginning of next season followed by 6 episodes of someone wandering through the woods followed by a cliffhanger mid season finale.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
I thought this episode was pretty good, if somewhat predictable. Was not surprised the scavengers turned. The soldier was left by Dwight. I would imagine that she didnt kill Rick because she was under strict orders not to. I still think that Eugene will find his balls at some point. I'm still hanging in there, invested to much time to quit now!

Enjoyed the skull crushing first episode and the finale last night. The other 14 could have been rolled into about 3-4 episodes in my opinion.

I didn't figure out the coffin until they showed it.

Didn't see the garbage pail kids turning either. Figured it was Gregory.

The bailout by the Hilltop and Kingdom was predictable.

Why shoot Rick in the side? Don't get it. Either shoot him in the head or just shove him off to Negan.

Now we'll get to see the end of the war at the beginning of next season followed by 6 episodes of someone wandering through the woods followed by a cliffhanger mid season finale.
Well said

That's the way I feel mad. I'm not really enjoying watching the series anymore, but I want to watch it to the end.

This season was miserable.

Going to be interesting to see how long they can carry the show over as the walkers become less and less threatening/important/prolific.

Going to be interesting to see how long they can carry the show over as the walkers become less and less threatening/important/prolific.
I did some down and dirty calculations a year or two back on what the population of "walkers" would look like in just a year or two following the outbreak.

1. Let's say that the number of survivors was 1 in 10,000 in the month after the outbreak. That would mean that in the USA, that would equal about 33,000 (from a population of 330 Million).

2. Assuming that about 1/3rd of the walkers were put-down within that month by military, civilians, etc., this would leave about 220 Million walkers out there.

3. If each survivor put down just 10 walkers per week on the average, and we've seen several episodes where 50-100 were put down in an hour or two, that would mean that each month should see a reduction of at least 1,322,000 walkers. (this does NOT include the number of walkers who are lost to normal attrition by misadventure, such as falling off structure, walking into a fire, etc.)

4. In a year, that would mean right around 16,000,000 walkers are killed. That pace would accelerate as the walkers start falling apart like many we are seeing from the past season, just due to "breakage." By year four, that number would likely be double due to that reason.

5. So at this point, in the south-eastern US, Georgia, FL, Tenn, the Carolina's and Alabama (the general vicinity of the show) the ratio of walkers to survivors should be fairly manageable. Especially, given how they are becoming less and less lethal every day.

I also note, if you wanted to find a place to settle down and never concern yourself with running out of supplies, all you need to do is find a WalMart Distribution Center. Most of these carry only non-perishables, including groceries, bottled water, guns, ammunition, clothes, charcoal, grills, gas grilles, butane, propane, etc. and all the supplies you would ever need for even a few hundred people. Remember, these places are designed to serve a population of a million or so, supplying a few hundred would be no problem.

Besides, if it's Georgia - while you won't find hard liquor, they should have a great supply of wine and beer.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1....0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.Bn2eN7TwQ6E

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I did some down and dirty calculations a year or two back on what the population of "walkers" would look like in just a year or two following the outbreak.

1. Let's say that the number of survivors was 1 in 10,000 in the month after the outbreak. That would mean that in the USA, that would equal about 33,000 (from a population of 330 Million).

2. Assuming that about 1/3rd of the walkers were put-down within that month by military, civilians, etc., this would leave about 220 Million walkers out there.

3. If each survivor put down just 10 walkers per week on the average, and we've seen several episodes where 50-100 were put down in an hour or two, that would mean that each month should see a reduction of at least 1,322,000 walkers. (this does NOT include the number of walkers who are lost to normal attrition by misadventure, such as falling off structure, walking into a fire, etc.)

4. In a year, that would mean right around 16,000,000 walkers are killed. That pace would accelerate as the walkers start falling apart like many we are seeing from the past season, just due to "breakage." By year four, that number would likely be double due to that reason.

5. So at this point, in the south-eastern US, Georgia, FL, Tenn, the Carolina's and Alabama (the general vicinity of the show) the ratio of walkers to survivors should be fairly manageable. Especially, given how they are becoming less and less lethal every day.

Well, you have to play fast and loose with the rules/science to even believe the premise of the show. Even if you do, it is hard to imagine a scenario where there are many (any?) zombies left 1 year after they reach peak numbers. It would take some very special circumstances for any to exist 2 years after they transitioned from living to zombie (they would have to have some source of living mammals to feed on periodically and would have to be somehow protected from wear and tear).

Now that I think about it, the best way for the writers to keep them relevant would be for a large group of survivors to die and create a huge new supply of zombies. I suppose they are setting the stage for that with the upcoming "All out war". When the fighting dies down, the area will be replenished with dead Saviors, Scavengers, Hilltoppers, Alexandrians, Kingdomites (and probably Oceansiders).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT