ADVERTISEMENT

Val is on the Gentner - I repeat - Val is on the Gentner

Cowguy

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
be safe if you are in the path ... Especially you folk in Moore.

Just passed south of me and is in Choctaw now, but I think it started running out of steam when it crossed over Lake Draper. Sirens just turned off as I was typing this.

I have to take my hat off to Val and all the chasers on News9 Wednesday evening. David Payne has been growing on me and as quirky as he is, I already like him better than Gary who had gotten kind of cranky in his later years. Like me.

The ability to get high-quality video on the air live from several chasers and coordinate all that with several different radar images is pretty impressive.

I flip over to 4 and 5 sometimes, just to see what they're doing but they seem amateurish compared to Payne and his team.

I have to take my hat off to Val and all the chasers on News9 Wednesday evening. David Payne has been growing on me and as quirky as he is, I already like him better than Gary who had gotten kind of cranky in his later years. Like me.

The ability to get high-quality video on the air live from several chasers and coordinate all that with several different radar images is pretty impressive.

I flip over to 4 and 5 sometimes, just to see what they're doing but they seem amateurish compared to Payne and his team.

Funny ... We thought exactly the same thing. I've watched my last storm with Mike Morgan.

Someone in Moore is being punished. I think several of us realize who.

I don't remember ever seeing rain like that in OKC. I recently moved into a house that is nearly 100 years old with a basement so that was a fun experience.

I don't remember ever seeing rain like that in OKC. I recently moved into a house that is nearly 100 years old with a basement so that was a fun experience.
Moved the one-day rain total record at the airport from less than three inches (which i thought was surprisingly low) to more than seven inches.

Did I read several months ago that a very important weather satellite is going kaput in two or three years and there's no money or plans to replace it? It's important for long-range forecasts, not immediate storm chasing.

TV "weathermen" have come a long way from when I was a kid in the '60s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT