ADVERTISEMENT

UWW Cadet and University Nationals this weekend

Anthony Collica dec. John Boyle 4-3 and is in the semis in the University division.Boyle had defeated Sueflohn of Nebraska to get to the quarters. I will be out of action and unable to report on the rest of the quarters including our two wrestlers. I can report that Val Park received a forfeit in his 2nd round consolation match at 42kg and is still in the tournament. Kaden Gfeller is in the consolations although Jaryn Curry and Dakota Carnes are out. As of the start of today's action Bennett Moudy was still in consolations but I believe he suffered his second loss. Mason Naifeh was still alive in consos.
Sooner Notes:Ryan Milhof lost in consolations this morning and is out.BrockWingbemuehle who lost his first round match came back with three straight technical falls and was still in when wrestling started this morning. Andrew Dixon was 2-1 winning his last match 2-2 criteria over Derrick Hawkins and Glen Climmons was 2-1 and still in. Brad Johnson is in the quarters and wrestles Preston Weigel at 87kg.
One last post before church. DATON FIX COMES FROM BEHIND AND DEFEATS SPENCER LEE 5-5 Criteria. He was down 5-0 and scored the last five points and withstood a Lee takedown attempt at the end. 2out of 3 final.

Collica/sorenson was super close. As of now Collica won 4-3, but reviewing a Kat possible TD by Sorensen. I couldn't tell if he got it or not.

Fix/Lee was spectacular. Too bad they can't both go to Worlds.

I thought for sure they were going to give the TD to Sorenson. It was razor thin. BTW, what was the one point given to Sorenson in the first period for? He just tossed AC's legs over his head. Correct throw?

Technically he won 5-3 due to a failed challenge.
????

I would think he won 5-3 due to he scored more points than the other guy. Who also happened to challenge what he thought was a bad call, but was rebuked.

I'm not aware of a "only won because the other guys claim was held as invalid".

AC would of won 4-3, but ended up winning 5-3 after he was awarded a point for Sorenson's failed challenge.

????

I would think he won 5-3 due to he scored more points than the other guy. Who also happened to challenge what he thought was a bad call, but was rebuked.

I'm not aware of a "only won because the other guys claim was held as invalid".
I was just claring the final score was 5-3, not 4-3.

Weigel won earlier 13-1 against Johnson, but just lost 10-0 to Burak.
Schafer defeated Boykn 8-4 earlier and wrestling Wellington now.

6-1 over Tsirtsis. All TDs for AC, no exposures. That's a quality folkstyle win too. Wow. Way to go Cowboy!
149 next year for Anthony. He looked outstanding the whole tournament and took Tsirtsis down 3 times and Tsirtsis is very hard to take down. Austin Shafer up in a while against Burak. Lets go Austin! KC Scott was telling me on the phone that on the Penn State board they are sayng Lee had the flu and the referees were against Lee and for Fix. I am not going to gloat but Daton Fix showed you can not count him out at any time. On to the worlds for Daton Fix and guess what Spencer Lee who is a great wrestler is the defending World Cadet champion.

Reactions: cachap5327
Schafer falls 12-1. He had a good tournament, excited to see what happens at 197 next year.

Burak wins 12-1 but Schafer had a great tournament. He will be much improved this year at 197.

Sound like both our 197 pounders had a great tournament and that competition between the two should benefit both greatly.

I look for Wiegel to take the spot but both should show solid improvement going into next year.

AC has a chance to be as good as he wants next year at 149. Very excited for him.

Anthony Collica with a 10-0 tech fall over J. Oliver of Central Michigan at 70 kg in the Universities and Gaden Gfeller with a fall over Coltan Williams of Texas at 58 kg in the cadets.
Gfeller will be great. To grow that much in that short of a time frame and still be that competitive is amazing. He is a rising sophmore correct? Overall a very good tournament for Oklahoma talent.

149 next year for Anthony. He looked outstanding the whole tournament and took Tsirtsis down 3 times and Tsirtsis is very hard to take down. Austin Shafer up in a while against Burak. Lets go Austin! KC Scott was telling me on the phone that on the Penn State board they are sayng Lee had the flu and the referees were against Lee and for Fix. I am not going to gloat but Daton Fix showed you can not count him out at any time. On to the worlds for Daton Fix and guess what Spencer Lee who is a great wrestler is the defending World Cadet champion.
What Penn State board is that?

So tired of hearing Lee's fans. Wish Fix's win would shut them up, but it hasn't. Their Superman has been defeated, and it stings like a Kryptonite sandwich.

I visit other boards quite a bit and I haven't seen anything. On HR azchief mentioned it looked like ref wanted to put Lee on my he clock, but that's it. Everyone on all the boards just seem very surprised and are acknowledging how well Fix performed.

I visit other boards quite a bit and I haven't seen anything. On HR azchief mentioned it looked like ref wanted to put Lee on my he clock, but that's it. Everyone on all the boards just seem very surprised and are acknowledging how well Fix performed.
Chickenman you are correct and I either misunderstood KC Scott or he was confused about where the negative posts were coming from. I did check he Penn State board after posting this and saw NO negative posts or excuses. I believe KC Scott was reading one poster on the Flo board who kept making these excuses and negative statements. I apologize for maligning Penn State fans who are classy but like all boards have 1 or 2 bad apples (not in this case however.) In any event I think we can all agree that both Lee and Fix are outstanding and to paraphrase one poster it is too bad both can not go to Cadet Worlds.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Chickenman you are correct and I either misunderstood KC Scott or he was confused about where the negative posts were coming from. I did check he Penn State board after posting this and saw NO negative posts or excuses. I believe KC Scott was reading one poster on the Flo board who kept making these excuses and negative statements. I apologize for maligning Penn State fans who are classy but like all boards have 1 or 2 bad apples (not in this case however.) In any event I think we can all agree that both Lee and Fix are outstanding and to paraphrase one poster it is too bad both can not go to Cadet Worlds.
Great post on our board by the way. Yeah, Chris Cline on that Flo board is a homer of homers - wonder if he's the guy.

On the Flo board, I wonder what the deal is with people on most threads randomly just replying with someone's name - is it some sort of inside joke?

Great post on our board by the way. Yeah, Chris Cline on that Flo board is a homer of homers - wonder if he's the guy.

On the Flo board, I wonder what the deal is with people on most threads randomly just replying with someone's name - is it some sort of inside joke?
I have wondered the same thing, I'm not on Facebook so I could be off, but I feel like it's a Facebook thing.

I just rewarched the fix/lee matches. I think one of the guys in Fixs corner was Rico Jourdan, was the other Datons dad? If so he is bigger than I thought. Fix was at this weight last year for cadets, so it seems like his weight has been pretty steady. I wonder if Lee will enter the junior WTT.

Its a twitter and Facebook thing. If you reply to the post on twitter and Facebook and tag someone (so the article can show up on their page) that reply pops up on the flo board with the person's name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT