ADVERTISEMENT

USA Wrestling Senior Freestyle rankings April 2015

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Latest Sr. Freestyle rankings are out. No real surprises but some bound to change after the Trials later this summer.

57 kg 1. Tony Ramos Only wrestler with Oklahoma State ties is Frank Perelli listed as #9. I think Ramos has proven to me at least that he is the top US wrestler at this weight.

61kg 1. Coleman Scott 2.Reece Humphrey 3. Joey McKenna 4. B.J.Futrell 5. Cody Brewer. Coleman will be pushed hard at this weight by Humphrey. Most of the others in the top ten are young and talented but it should remain one of the top two for now.

65kg 1. Brent Metcalf 2. Jordan Oliver Metcalf appears to be not only the top wrestler at this weight for the US but his recent outing at the World Cup shows he can compete on the International scene.

70 kg 1. Nick Marable 2.Dustin Schlatter 3. James Green Just my opinion but this looks to be our weakest weight internationally. Marable looked hapless against an very young and up and coming Russian in the World Cup. I do not understand how someone with legs like tree trunks could have been pushed all over the mat like he was.

74kg 1. Jordan Burroughs 2.David Taylor 3. Andrew Howe 4. Kyle Dake 5 Alex Dierenger
Burroughs looked outstanding in the world cup and I do not see any of our wrestlers pushing but I would say I would never count out Kyle Dake. It will be interesting to see if Alex can compete on this level.

86kg 1. Ed Ruth 2. Keith Gavin 3. Clayton Foster 4. Chris Perry 5. Richard Perry Ruth was hurt in the world cup but showed great promise until he was pinned. He might take his lumps as there are very experienced and talented wrestlers at this weight. He is fun to watch. Clayton was 1-1 in the world cup filling in for Ruth but showed he is very vulnerable defensively due to less than average foot speed. He needs to stay on the offense to be effective internationally. I think this weight is to much for Chris Perry but it would not surprise me if he would replace Clayton in 3rd on the ladder.

97kg 1. Jake Varner 2. Cayle Byers 3 Dustin Kilgore 4 JD Bergman. Jake was the hero of the US/Russia dual and got us to the finals.

125kg 1.Tervel Dlagnev 2,Zach Rey

These are just my opinions and I have to admit two things.1. Freestyle rules in my opinion still need to be tweaked to be consistent and 2. I know next to nothing about Freestyle. Would like to know what others think about the rankings.

Latest Sr. Freestyle rankings are out. No real surprises but some bound to change after the Trials later this summer.

57 kg 1. Tony Ramos Only wrestler with Oklahoma State ties is Frank Perelli listed as #9. I think Ramos has proven to me at least that he is the top US wrestler at this weight.

61kg 1. Coleman Scott 2.Reece Humphrey 3. Joey McKenna 4. B.J.Futrell 5. Cody Brewer. Coleman will be pushed hard at this weight by Humphrey. Most of the others in the top ten are young and talented but it should remain one of the top two for now.

65kg 1. Brent Metcalf 2. Jordan Oliver Metcalf appears to be not only the top wrestler at this weight for the US but his recent outing at the World Cup shows he can compete on the International scene.

70 kg 1. Nick Marable 2.Dustin Schlatter 3. James Green Just my opinion but this looks to be our weakest weight internationally. Marable looked hapless against an very young and up and coming Russian in the World Cup. I do not understand how someone with legs like tree trunks could have been pushed all over the mat like he was.

74kg 1. Jordan Burroughs 2.David Taylor 3. Andrew Howe 4. Kyle Dake 5 Alex Dierenger
Burroughs looked outstanding in the world cup and I do not see any of our wrestlers pushing but I would say I would never count out Kyle Dake. It will be interesting to see if Alex can compete on this level.

86kg 1. Ed Ruth 2. Keith Gavin 3. Clayton Foster 4. Chris Perry 5. Richard Perry Ruth was hurt in the world cup but showed great promise until he was pinned. He might take his lumps as there are very experienced and talented wrestlers at this weight. He is fun to watch. Clayton was 1-1 in the world cup filling in for Ruth but showed he is very vulnerable defensively due to less than average foot speed. He needs to stay on the offense to be effective internationally. I think this weight is to much for Chris Perry but it would not surprise me if he would replace Clayton in 3rd on the ladder.

97kg 1. Jake Varner 2. Cayle Byers 3 Dustin Kilgore 4 JD Bergman. Jake was the hero of the US/Russia dual and got us to the finals.

125kg 1.Tervel Dlagnev 2,Zach Rey

These are just my opinions and I have to admit two things.1. Freestyle rules in my opinion still need to be tweaked to be consistent and 2. I know next to nothing about Freestyle. Would like to know what others think about the rankings.

In related news I saw where Stieber will be going 65kg and not 61kg which is what some speculated could be his best weight.

Be interesting to see how he does against bigger, stronger and longer athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT