ADVERTISEMENT

Trump?

When you offend Rick Perry... well that says something.
You got that right!
dtf7tnfmrenm0fy6x08e.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...-performance-at-inaugural-ball-for-texas.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...charged-name/2011/10/01/gIQAOhY5DL_story.html

http://www.therightperspective.org/2011/10/02/perry-under-fire-for-******head-ranch/

ted-nugent-mongrel.jpg

Own 'em Republicans!!!

http://gawker.com/5983634/patriotic-american-ted-nugent-shit-his-pants-to-avoid-the-draft

Last edited:
I was going to post some random stupid bullshit to counter the other random stupid bullshit, but I think I'll just stop.

Reasoning with unreasonable is unreasonable. Sorry.

Native born white people are way more likely to commit crimes than Mexican immigrants.
37% of all Federal sentences in 2014 were illegal aliens.

74.1% of all federal drug possession charges were illegal aliens.

The percentage of white people committing crime, compared to their total numbers of the population, is much lower than either minorities or illegal aliens. Don't get me wrong, there is way to much crime in all demographics, but a minority or illegal are a lot more likely, based on the percentages, to commit crime.

The percentage of white people committing crime, compared to their total numbers of the population, is much lower than either minorities or illegal aliens. Don't get me wrong, there is way to much crime in all demographics, but a minority or illegal are a lot more likely, based on the percentages, to commit crime.

Study--"Immigrants are no more crime-prone than the native born."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ld-trump-is-wrong-about-immigrants-and-crime/

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07418825.2012.659200#preview

Last edited:
When Mexico sends its people they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting.
Donald Trump agrees with you.

Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management study:

"There's essentially no correlation between immigrants and violent crime."

http://insight.kellogg.northwestern.edu/article/does_immigration_increase_crime

"There's essentially no correlation between immigrants and violent crime."

That is flat out laughable given the outrageous number of illegal aliens that are charged with violent crimes. Plus most boarder violence is never reported. No one but fools believe different.

Keep on digging that hole Up, you may get lucky and strike gold or we'll get lucky and that huge hole will collapse.

Those are federal numbers. How often does the FBI patrol your streets? How often do the Feds patrol the border?

Of that 37%, 63% were immigration crime. Federal drug crimes are committed out in the open in public in Washington and Colorado, but they aren't enforced there. They are really only enforced at the border and on federal property.

White people commit as much crime, they just aren't as heavily policed.

See Cups links above for peer reviewed studies on whether undocumented immigrants are actually increasing crime (hint: they aren't)

Those are federal numbers. How often does the FBI patrol your streets? How often do the Feds patrol the border?

Of that 37%, 63% were immigration crime. Federal drug crimes are committed out in the open in public in Washington and Colorado, but they aren't enforced there. They are really only enforced at the border and on federal property.

See Cups links above for peer reviewed studies on whether undocumented immigrants are actually increasing crime (hint: they aren't)
Sheesh. Anything to make yourself feel better.

It is stunning to me that nobody appears to keep stats on how many prison inmates are illegally in the country.

The very fact that somebody is in this country illegally makes them a criminal. This isn't a difficult concept. Whether they commit MORE crime during their stay is the better question. Apparently some do.

Reactions: JonnyVito
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” Trump said. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

“When Mexico sends its people...They’re rapists.”

You don't find that at least a little bit offensive? What if Rick Perry said:
“When Oklahoma sends its people...They’re rapists.”

I would give the same weight to anything Rick Perry said as I do to what Donald Trump says.

You have to give it to Trump though, he has zero chance of winning but is getting more publicity right now than all the other Republican candidates combined. I bet he moves way up in the next poll. He really is a lot smarter than he looks.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” Trump said. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

A stupidly worded statement. Just stupid. And now the message has become lost because of the stupid delivery. Opportunity lost.

Trump is an attention hound. Period.

If he'd stopped after the second sentence, it would have been a message that resonated. But he's never not going to be a hyperbolic bomb thrower.

If you're going to quote him at least quote him correctly. Not a Trump supporter, but every media outlet, including the one you used for your quote, conveniently leaves out the end of his statement in which he says "and some, I assume, are good people". Fox is the only outlet quoting him correctly, but that's pretty much the norm.

"You don't find that at least a little bit offensive?"

No. We live in a pussified world. I think it was squeak that posted something to the effect "f**k your feelings" about a topic on this board awhile back. Couldn't agree more with that. If a person lets words offend them, and it hurts their little feelers, grow thicker skin and deal with it. JMHO.

He's not saying they're ALL rapists.

Here's a pretty long article from geographer/sociologist Robert Sampson (SIAP) about his long-standing research showing correlations between a drop in urban crime rates and the rise in immigration, which is a piece of his larger work on immigration and urban revitalization. This is an abstract of a chapter in a forthcoming edited volume on cities and immigration. Sampson's work also appeared in the Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, May 2012, an entire issue dedicated to immigrants' impact on the 'national social fabric.' If you're really invested in the topic of immigration (legal and illegal) and crime, then I highly encourage you to seek this issue out via interlibrary loan from your local library. The entire second half of the issue is devoted to the crime question. In all sorts of studies in all sorts of cities, suburbs, and rural areas, evidence has shown that concentrations of immigrants equals lower violent crime rates.

Here's a snip from Sampson's recent article:

"Moreover, first-generation immigrants were 45 percent less likely to commit violence than third-generation Americans, adjusting for individual, family, and neighborhood background. Second-generation immigrants were 22 percent less likely to commit violence than the third generation. This pattern held true for non-Hispanic whites and blacks as well, and took into account poverty and other relevant social characteristics such as income, marital status, and even individual “IQ.” And when we controlled for immigrant status, Mexican Americans no longer had lower rates of violence than blacks and whites. Immigrant status thus appears to result in lower levels of violence among all groups—blacks, whites, and Latinos—but many more Latinos are foreign born."

Reactions: davidallen
Immigrants are not the problem, it's ILLEGAL immigrants that are repeatedly sneaking into this country and sanctuary cities, counties and states, that release known felons back onto the streets.

Anyone who doesn't see that as a problem is either in denial or totally stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaPoke
Immigrants are not the problem, it's ILLEGAL immigrants that repeatedly snick into this country and sanctuary cities, counties and states, that release known felons back onto the streets.

We non-liberals know that. It's the liberals that refuse to use the word "illegal" in their talking points because acknowledging that conservatives support legal immigration is problematic for their anti-conservative platform.

If liberals didn't spin as much as they do the earth's rotation would suddenly stop.

Immigrants are not the problem, it's ILLEGAL immigrants that repeatedly sneaking into this country and sanctuary cities, counties and states, that release known felons back onto the streets.

We non-liberals know that. It's the liberals that refuse to use the word "illegal" in their talking points because acknowledging that conservatives support legal immigration is problematic for their anti-conservative platform.

If liberals didn't spin as much as they do the earth's rotation would suddenly stop.

This may all be true but why do violent crime rates often decrease in "sanctuary city" neighborhoods with the highest concentrations of first-generation immigrants (documented and undocumented)?

It is bad that there are instances of illegal immigrants who seek out sanctuary cities and eventually commit violent crimes. But volumes of research show that abolishing sanctuary policies would presumably result in an increase in violent crime (and a decrease in reporting crime).

We'll never have great data on the behavior of illegal immigrants (at least not enough to make strong generalizations about per capita, since we will never have a reliable 'total number'). So we're stuck with anecdote, inferences from sociological research, and longitudinal studies of immigrant neighborhoods.

If we had a good handle on the number of illegal immigrants in the US at a given time, then a good census of prisons would be a start towards a better picture (even then, arrest and imprisonment rates do not equal crime rates). But the Census Bureau has been horrible at that, with inconsistencies between censuses and between states even during the same census.

All of that is good Anodyne, but the preceding point is that illegal immigrants are here illegally. Whether they commit violent crimes or not (plenty of examples where some have), they should not remain in this country. Sanctuary policies are incentives for more to come and those that have been deported to return.

Federal law allows for legal immigration. Why bother having persons legally enter the US go through the time and expense when they can just hop the border and get all of the same benefits?

I'm not against immigration. I'm against law breaking illegal immigration and any policy that supports and encourages it. If the current law doesn't fit what is best for the country then change the law. Selective enforcement for political gain is just plain irresponsible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adman513
So you're arguing no one should take issue with allowing illegals to live in immigrant neighborhoods because it's good for crime?

I say that immigrant neighborhoods are lower on crime because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. When they commit crimes it's not in their neighborhoods.

What is wrong with saying no one but legal immigrants are allowed and if you have a serious criminal record you can't come in. If you do come in and are deported and come back it's an automatic 5 years. I'm all for reforming the quest worker programs so good people who are needed can work, but this not regulating who gets to come here is crazy.

Why are there such are high percentages of illegals in prison if they are so good for crime rates? I think these studies by liberal institutions are biased and unreliable.

So you're arguing no one should take issue with allowing illegals to live in immigrant neighborhoods because it's good for crime?

I'm not making an absolute argument, as much as pointing out that much research suggests that immigration---legal and illegal---stabilizes neighborhoods and keeps the violent crime rate down.

I say that immigrant neighborhoods are lower on crime because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. When they commit crimes it's not in their neighborhoods.

Speculative.

What is wrong with saying no one but legal immigrants are allowed and if you have a serious criminal record you can't come in. If you do come in and are deported and come back it's an automatic 5 years. I'm all for reforming the quest worker programs so good people who are needed can work, but this not regulating who gets to come here is crazy.

Stopping illegal immigration outright sounds great in theory, but the economic trade-off isn't there. I agree that illegal immigrants with violent convictions should be sent back. Unless they argue for refugee status. Regulation is fine.

Why are there such are high percentages of illegals in prison if they are so good for crime rates? I think these studies by liberal institutions are biased and unreliable

There are high percentages of illegals in prisons because of drug convictions and ICE violations. I'm trying to stick to violent crime. Also, the immigrant population (illegal and legal) is disproportionately male and young---two characteristics that make for high arrest rates across nationalities.
It's one thing to discount the research based on methods or data availability, but to ignore it based on what you assume to be the politics of the researchers is...biased and unreliable.

All of that is good Anodyne, but the preceding point is that illegal immigrants are here illegally. Whether they commit violent crimes or not (plenty of examples where some have), they should not remain in this country. Sanctuary policies are incentives for more to come and those that have been deported to return.

Federal law allows for legal immigration. Why bother having persons legally enter the US go through the time and expense when they can just hop the border and get all of the same benefits?

I'm not against immigration. I'm against law breaking illegal immigration and any policy that supports and encourages it. If the current law doesn't fit what is best for the country then change the law. Selective enforcement for political gain is just plain irresponsible.

I have no grand immigration policy suggestions. You will never stop illegal immigration, and there are dozens of studies that suggest that immigration---legal and illegal---reduces violent crime. Everyone talks about how Guiliani's "broken windows" aggressive policing reduced NYC crime, but the "don't ask" "sanctuary" policy probably had a bigger impact.

I agree that those convicted of violent felonies should be deported. The "selective enforcement" is not for political gain, it's for economic gain. Cities like Chicago, NYC, LA, Detroit, Miami, etc, know that the more immigrants, the better.

We'll have to agree to disagree on many of your points Anodyne. Your posts are definitely well thought out and presented well. Much respect and thanks for taking the time to reply.

The problem isn't actually the rank and file illegal immigrant. It's the cartels, gangs and potential for foreign nationals with bad intent - all of whom can basically stroll back and forth across the border because nobody will grow a set of balls and tighten things up for fear of pissing off the Latino vote.

Reactions: Headhunter
The problem isn't actually the rank and file illegal immigrant. It's the cartels, gangs and potential for foreign nationals with bad intent - all of whom can basically stroll back and forth across the border because nobody will grow a set of balls and tighten things up for fear of pissing off the Latino vote.
Exactly.

Anodyne believes the studies but how does that explain the high percentages of illegals in our justice system? I would argue that drug criminals are violent criminals. It leads to a lot of misery and violence involving drug deals is off the charts in cities like Chicago and Baltimore.

According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement stats provided to the Judiciary Committee, 30,558 criminal illegals, convicted of 79,059 crimes were released back into the general population of the USA in 2014. I bet anything those stats are under reported.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT