ADVERTISEMENT

Trump leads in NC

Truly, this is a sad statement about the state of the Republican party... Please don't whine about 8 more years of liberal domination of the White House - Trump is making a mockery out of the GOP...

Truly, this is a sad statement about the state of the Republican party... Please don't whine about 8 more years of liberal domination of the White House - Trump is making a mockery out of the GOP...

Trump is making a mockery of trump.

Looks like he's upsetting the right people.

Half of being president is giving the American people confidence. I'm not sure if Trump can do that but I do know this -- America hasn't had a leader inspire the people in at least 16 years.

Obama had great potential to do this. He's an excellent communicator. But he's been more interested in acting as a dictator and dividing the country instead of uniting and inspiring.

You are right about the sad state of the GOP. You are wrong that Trump is making a mockery of them. They do a great job of that themselves. If anyone is paying attention, Trump is exactly how starved people are for a different kind of republican than the kind we get every 4 years. Not that he's a good choice, but I am encouraged by the chaos he is creating.

I wonder if another candidate will pick up the anti-illegal immigration ball and run with it.

Doubt it, but maybe it does create an opportunity.

Trump isn't in the top 7 or 8 of GOP contenders. To pretend otherwise, and cluck your tongue at the GOP reveals more about yourself than it does either the party or Donald Trump.

I really hope the GOP emphasizes illegal immigration, too.
Sure you do, but don't expect Barry to win the illegal trump card for you libs. The Sanctuary City endeavor is under fire by your very own Queen. At least it was last time I checked. She may have flopped since the last time she flipped. It's hard to keep track of Cankles.

Say what you will about the Bush presidency, but he was quite inspiring post 9/11.
This is true.

AND a lot of people were inspired by the election of President Obama. Even people such as myself, who feared the worst from him and opposed much of what he said he would do, but were touched by the sight of the first balck man being elected POTUS, and hoped for the best in terms of racial healing in this country.

Last edited:
This is true.

AND a lot of people were inspired by the election of President Obama. Even people such as myself, who feared the worst from him and opposed much of what he said he woudl do, but were touched by the sight of the first balck man being elected POTUS, and hoped for the best in terms of racila healing in this country.

I think that is what is most sad about the Obama presidency. I didn't vote for him the first time but I understand why a lot of people did. He talked a really good game about taking the country forward and uniting people after a very divisive Bush presidency. Look at race relations today though, they are as bad as I can remember in my lifetime. He has always been too quick to speak before the facts come to light and he's really made a fool of himself doing that from time to time. I work in the oilfield and in 7 years I haven't heard a single person make a derogatory remark about him being black although I have heard many other things relating to him being a muslim, etc. If nothing else I really wish he would have take advantage of the opportunities he's had to unite people. Instead, he has been just a divisive as Bush and even more so with respect to race.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Call me crazy but I think Trump has struck a nerve and anyone who thinks he's not shaking things up and isn't going to get a lot of support is not reading the mood of Americans.

I think there are a whole lot of people who are totally sick and tired of the entire government, democrat and republican. Trump is saying exactly what millions are thinking and they like it.

Obama is an incompetent, empty suit that gives a good speech and a large number of people now realize they were duped.

Call me crazy but I think Trump has struck a nerve and anyone who thinks he's not shaking things up and isn't going to get a lot of support is not reading the mood of Americans.

I think there are a whole lot of people who are totally sick and tired of the entire government, democrat and republican. Trump is saying exactly what millions are thinking and they like it.

Obama is an incompetent, empty suit that gives a good speech and a large number of people now realize they were duped.

Trump is resonating with some because he is saying things that most/all of the other GOP are afraid to say. Trump is corrrect in the gist of a lot of what he has said about the immigration situation. However, he is very inartful at articulating his message in a way that could ever possibly win (that's without considering his other copious shortcomings) and has gone overboard with his tone.

Compare please the tone of Barry Goldwater circa 1964 vs. Ronald Reagan circa 1980 (and '76).

Reactions: AC_Exotic

I live in an area of Dallas county which is predominately minority. Most of my business comes from the same area. Trump has struck a nerve and it's not limited to white people. I eat at least one meal a day at local restaurants and I hear his name being brought into conversations---not always but often. There is much animosity to the illegal immigration issue among blacks and Latinos.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I live in an area of Dallas county which is predominately minority. Most of my business comes from the same area. Trump has struck a nerve and it's not limited to white people. I eat at least one meal a day at local restaurants and I hear his name being brought into conversations---not always but often. There is much animosity to the illegal immigration issue among blacks and Latinos.
Animosity toward trump or illegal aliens?

I can see that bc if you're legal you went through a helluva process to get your visa/citizenship. I'd be pissed if others cheated their way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT