ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective 2.5

Orange Jennyslipper

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2005
Soooo...we're getting the band back together.

Episode was slow, but I thought it had to be. Jumping forward 66 days meant there was a lot of story housekeeping to do. They explained everything and the ball started rolling a lot faster by the end of the episode.

Lines are pretty well drawn in the sand now. Race is to the hard drive. Films must be crazy nasty and feature big money faces to be worth $5 million.

Best acting by Farrell so far by a long shot. I just saw Miami Vice this past week and thought he was mediocre as Crockett. Tonight, he was solid and believable thru a wide range of challenges.

Ray's discussion with Frank next week will be excellent. Will they pool resources? They could finish this off with their combined info-gathering networks, but I don't think either character realizes this yet. I'm looking for an uneasy truce and an agreement to go their separate ways.

I, actually, thought this was the best episode yet. There were still times that I found myself looking at my phone because I was bored, but it seemed like pertinent things were finally happening and the acting was much better. Overall, this was the first time I didn't wonder why I was watching this show.

Did I see the "next on trailer correctly"?

Only three more episodes?

Damn. Seems like a poor decision to "hit the reset button" on the investigation just to have a badass shoot out episode in the middle. I've liked this season. I just haven't been completely drawn in and obsessed by it like I was the first.

I think Ray's pretty much done with Frank now that he realizes Frank was playing him all along. Got him to do a hit for him and feel indebted to him all at once. Wouldn't be too surprise if Ray ends up doing Frank. Felt like they were setting something up last night. Frank getting in trust with his feeling and deciding it okay to have a family is like a death sentence in a show like this and quite bluntly if Ray shot Frank and the misses during one of their getting in tough with their feels monologues it would be the highlight of the season.

Also felt like Frank and Ani are about to hook up.

Its all leading back to the Mayor's family, the psychologist, Ani's Dad and the hippy commune. Some dark dark family secrets are about to come out to play.

I took the kiddo to JB's Burgers yesterday afternoon and they were playing 80's MTV videos. My son was asking about some of the bands and Rick Springfield came on (can't remember what song). I told him that he had been in an episode of TD, but looked a lot different (and not just age, they obviously were using some prosthetics to make him look like a plastic surgery victim).

My son didn't believe me that it was the same guy, I had to show him the end credits.

I took the kiddo to JB's Burgers yesterday afternoon and they were playing 80's MTV videos. My son was asking about some of the bands and Rick Springfield came on (can't remember what song). I told him that he had been in an episode of TD, but looked a lot different (and not just age, they obviously were using some prosthetics to make him look like a plastic surgery victim).

My son didn't believe me that it was the same guy, I had to show him the end credits.

I'll have to check the credits because I'm not sure I believe you either.

Did not make that connection.

He has a big part in Meryl Streep's next movie. Saw the trailer at the theater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT