ADVERTISEMENT

Trragic news on Nebraska 4X HS champion

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Doyle Trout who was a 4X state champ for Nebraska was severely injured in a one car accident near his home town over the weekend. Trout was trapped in his vehicle after hitting a utility pole and overturning. He had his left leg amputated and a right leg was broken. He apparently is in stable condition at this time. Trout had just competed in FloNationals at 120 pounds and finished 6th. Praying for his recovery and adjustment to life after this tragic accident.

That is terrible news. He is a talented wrestler and would have been a good addition to Branch's team at Wyoming.

I saw on Intermat that he was a Nebraska recruit but on the Wyoming wrestling site they named five recruits which did not include him. Hopefully he was committed and Wyoming honor any scholarship monies offered.
This post was edited on 4/8 8:25 AM by oberebo

Oberebo,

He was, and still is, a Wyoming recruit.

Per Mark Branch in the article, ""He is still part of our family. We told his family when we saw them that nothing changes on our end, we will honor his scholarship, and he is still a Wyoming Cowboy. We want Doyle and his family to know that we are here to support them any way we can."

http://www.neprepzone.com/wrestling/wyoming-on-wrestler-injured-in-car-accident-he-s-still/article_a3373aec-dd67-11e4-88dc-f7298fc13eef.html?mode=jqm

I am very glad that Coach Branch and Wyoming are honoring his scholarship and that Cowboys are the best whether it is Ok State or Wyoming. Intermat had him committed to Wyoming but the announcement by Wyoming on their recruits on their home site did not include him. I should have researched it more but Very happy he will be helped in college. He has a long road to recovery and I will be praying for him and his family.

Awesome by Branch in a devastating time for this kid. It is tough to realize your mortality, but it is extremely tough when it is taken from you without the mental process of watching it slowly leave.

Prayers for the young man, but its a good thing that he is a Wrestler...that grit will sure be helpful!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT