ADVERTISEMENT

The president n hypocrite says.....

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa
from the rodent and chiefs own mouth, what a dam crybaby.......

"For going on seven years we have learned three things about President Obama: 1) He loves the poor so much he continues to create more of them. 2) He loves the poor so much he does everything in his power to keep them poor. 3) He doesn't see the opposition as loyal, but as bad players — his enemy. This is especially true of Fox News, which Obama ripped as anti-poor bigots during a Wednesday afternoon summit on poverty.

We’re used to this Obama, the forever-partisan who has never seen himself as president of all the people but only of those who worship him.

What was most revealing about the president’s comments was his expressed desire to “change how the media reports.”

Speaking of Fox News, the poor, and the way GOP leaders think, Obama said, [W]e’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues.”

Here is the full transcript:

I think that the effort to suggest that the poor are sponges, leeches, don’t want to work, are lazy, are undeserving, got traction. And look, it’s still being propagated. I have to say that if you watch Fox News on a regular basis, it is a constant venue. They will find folks who make me mad. I don’t know where they find them. They’re all like, “I don’t want to work. I just want a free Obama Phone, or whatever.” And that becomes an entire narrative that gets worked up. And very rarely do you hear an interview of a waitress, which is much more typical — who is raising a couple of kids and doing everything right but still can’t pay the bills.

And so, if we’re going to change how Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) and Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
think, we’re going to have to change how our body politic thinks, which means we’re going to have to change how the media reports on these issues, and how people’s impressions of what it’s like to struggle in this economy looks like. And how budgets connect to that. And that’s a hard process because that requires a much broader conversation than typically we have on the nightly news.

After seven failed years, to watch Obama sit there and discuss the poor as though he is part of the solution and not the problem, is laughable.

And let’s not forget that Obama knows nothing about poverty. He has lived a privileged life.

Obama attended prep schools as a child, lived with his well-to-do grandparents in Honolulu as a teen, where he attended Panahou, a fancy private school. Both of his grandparents were well educated; she even worked as the vice president of a bank. For a time, Obama had a nanny! From there Obama attended Occidental College in California, was well off enough to visit Pakistan for 3 weeks; he then attended two of the most prestigious colleges in the country: Columbia and Harvard.

The closest Obama has ever come to experiencing anything close to poverty was during his time as a community organizer in Chicago. And in that dynamic, the poor were just pawns for Obama to manipulate to achieve his political ambitions.

Obama knows nothing of struggle, or what life is like for those who do. And after 7 years of his failed economic policies, we also know he doesn’t give a damn enough about the poor to change his policies in a way that might actually help them.

Obama likes poor people fine — he likes them dependent on the government.

He also likes the news media to do what it’s told."

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

Obama loves the poor so much that his daughters attend DC schools...oh, nevermind.

If you opt out of sending your kids to failing schools your an anti-poor bigot. What a hypocrite.

They talk a good game about the need to improve education but the very people flapping their lips are against school choice. Which has proven to improve schools and kids quality of education.

Both of them are liars, hypocrites, bigots and racists. I'll throw in communists as well.

What is your plan for fixing the economy and solving poverty?

1. Change the Definition of Unemployment
  2. Magical Renewable Energy Industry Jobs
  3. Government Grants to Friends Associated with Magical Renewable Energy Industry
  4. Pretend We Haven't Already Spent Hundreds of Billions on Fighting Poverty
  5. Propose Plan to Tax College Savings Accounts
  6. Blame Fox News for Poverty

1. Change the Definition of Unemployment
  2. Magical Renewable Energy Industry Jobs
  3. Government Grants to Friends Associated with Magical Renewable Energy Industry
  4. Pretend We Haven't Already Spent Hundreds of Billions on Fighting Poverty
  5. Propose Plan to Tax College Savings Accounts
  6. Blame Fox News for Poverty
My point exactly.

What is your plan for fixing the economy and solving poverty?
The correct way to do it will cause mayhem and every politician is too chickenshit to do it, so they just keep feeding it.

Oh please 07 I wasn't elected to stop the rise of the oceans, fix the economy etc...that shithook promised everything under the sun and the lemmings believed him and he can't deliver a turd in a toilet! He is the picture perfect embodiment of the phrase "when all is said and done, more is said than done."

I would have a consumption tax. Term limits on the whores in national office, absolute limit on welfare benefits, build the keystone, lower business taxes, get rid of at least three federal departments (ed, IRS & homeland security) cut amtrack & the postal service loose, end ethanol subsidies, embrace charter schools, get serious about illegal criminals in this country, get rid of the war on drugs and build a better wheel or decriminalize most of the stuff you can walk down to a street corner and get, no more funding ever of studies like the impact of tourists in Northern Norway or watching pregnant women walking around that's just a few...what are your suggestions kemo sabe.

Oh please 07 I wasn't elected to stop the rise of the oceans, fix the economy etc...that shithook promised everything under the sun and the lemmings believed him and he can't deliver a turd in a toilet! He is the picture perfect embodiment of the phrase "when all is said and done, more is said than done."

I would have a consumption tax. Term limits on the whores in national office, absolute limit on welfare benefits, build the keystone, lower business taxes, get rid of at least three federal departments (ed, IRS & homeland security) cut amtrack & the postal service loose, end ethanol subsidies, embrace charter schools, get serious about illegal criminals in this country, get rid of the war on drugs and build a better wheel or decriminalize most of the stuff you can walk down to a street corner and get, no more funding ever of studies like the impact of tourists in Northern Norway or watching pregnant women walking around that's just a few...what are your suggestions kemo sabe.

It would take a "sycophantilizationodectomy" to get an intelligent response from him; however, I do predict you'll be labeled a racist for the "chemo saab" reference.:D

Reactions: windriverrange

You can add the Dept of Commerce, Dept of Energy and EPA to the list of agencies to dump. Prohibit unelected government workers from writing regulations to implement the laws passed by Congress. Make the Congress write the regulations in the laws. Cut Air Force One's operating budget by 50%. For every new law passed two laws on the books must be eliminated. School vouchers across the US. Eliminate the revolving door between Wall Street and the FED. Impose a two year gap for retired or defeated Congress members from becoming lobbyists. Eliminate redundant programs for the same purposes in multiple agencies. Sell off surplus government real estate. Make loser pay in all lawsuits. All elected judges have to run without identifying their political party. All appointed judges (other than supreme court) have to be reconfirmed every 10 years. Eliminate all SWAT teams from agencies which are not traditional law enforcement---no reason the Railroad Retirement Board has a SWAT team.

Sell all the armored personnel carriers and other military surpluses gear all the civilian police forces have been given.

It'll raise money and reduce the growing divide between city cops and the people they serve and may help expensive and embarrassing riots from starting or escalating.

I forgot that time he promised to end poverty.

I would have a consumption tax. Term limits on the whores in national office, absolute limit on welfare benefits, .

This was my original point. Sure Obama could and should do more to fix the economy and end poverty, but that criticism seems pretty disingenuous coming from people who don't care about either. I give you carte blanche to come up with whatever policies you want to help the poor and your top three are a regressive tax, and cutting welfare, and some term limits. (which I guess could tangentially help poor people?)

build the keystone, lower business taxes, get rid of at least three federal departments (ed, IRS & homeland security) cut amtrack & the postal service loose, end ethanol subsidies, embrace charter schools, get serious about illegal criminals in this country, get rid of the war on drugs and build a better wheel or decriminalize most of the stuff you can walk down to a street corner and get, no more funding ever of studies like the impact of tourists in Northern Norway or watching pregnant women walking around that's just a few...what are your suggestions kemo sabe.

how does getting rid of three federal departments, cutting amtrak, and the postal service and ending the government support for academic studies help the economy or impact poverty?

Why should we embrace charter schools? What is the case for charter schools? Is there evidence that they are effective and an improvement on public schools?

I will grant you that lowering taxes and decriminalizing drugs would have a real impact.

My suggestions are lower middle class taxes, institute an employer of last resort program, double teacher pay, and subsidize (militarily) strategic industries.

Can you walk me through this proposed policy, front to back, funding to output.
The funding comes the federal government. It comes in the form of grants to states that covers a one time doubling of their budget for personnel. The grants increase with the CPI.

The funding comes the federal government. It comes in the form of grants to states that covers a one time doubling of their budget for personnel. The grants increase with the CPI.

By "output" I mean, what is the projected outcome? Is the intent to attract better talent?

You have a rough idea what that would cost the Fed government?

Does this plan distort or dilute the priority that some states may make of education versus those that do not? And what would be the outcome of that distortion/dilution?

On this, don't consider my questions adversarial. I want to see the what-ifs, tangible good (knowable and otherwise), and tangible costs (knowable and otherwise) all laid out.

By "output" I mean, what is the projected outcome? Is the intent to attract better talent?

You have a rough idea what that would cost the Fed government?

Does this plan distort or dilute the priority that some states may make of education versus those that do not? And what would be the outcome of that distortion/dilution?
Yes the outcome is to attract more and better teaching talent and to retain the good ones we have. Teachers aren't paid well, at the same time we need better teachers. This is pretty simple.

You can give every public school teacher in the US a 40K raise for 132B, which is 0.75% of GDP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT