ADVERTISEMENT

The Obama Economic F-Show Continues

GunsOfFrankEaton

Heisman Winner
Aug 24, 2003
Just what is it you Dems and Obama supporters have against jobs?

There are now more people unemployed since the worst years of the Carter administration, more women unemployed than in the last 27 years, 40% of those not working are not even looking for jobs any longer and -- hold on to your seats -- the U.S. economy actually contracted 0.7% in the first quarter of this year.

Please explain yourselves here. Why put American workers in your crosshairs?

http://mobilizer.instapaper.com/m?u...mericans-not-labor-force-rise-record-93194000

http://mobilizer.instapaper.com/m?u...or-force-womens-participation-rate-matches-27

http://mobilizer.instapaper.com/m?u=http://www.cnbc.com/id/102694868

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/business/economy/us-economy-gdp-q1-revision.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/17/opinion/the-reagan-boom-greatest-ever.html

Reactions: Medic007
It was the super cold winter in the middle of The Hottest Year Ever.

"What we have here is" an obvious climatological bifurcation of epic proportions. The IRS should round up the usual conservative suspects, the DOJ should pull their racist heads from rectums, the EPA should ban cow flatulence, and the Fed should continue to wash themselves at high speed because they're clueless. If this doesn't fix it, vote for Vince Foster.

Reactions: Medic007
The-Toilet.jpg

Reactions: JonnyVito
Worst first quarter growth for any President since they started keeping track.

The Obama dingleberries will blame Bush. If it weren't for the Bush presidency, Obama would have no failed policies of any type. Our Dear Leader does no wrong in the eyes of his faithful androgenic butt hair stalagmites

What part of "first quarter" is confusing to you? At least show a made up chart that proves your point.
You are an idiot. Bush had two first quarters that were worse, and Obama himself had a worse first quarter last year.

No way GDP growth hits 2% for full calendar year 2015.
It hit 2.4 in 2014 after a -2.1% first quarter, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the underlying fundamentals looked much better in 2014.

I'm keeping my eye on the S&P500 moving averages.

It hit 2.4 in 2014 after a -2.1% first quarter, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the underlying fundamentals looked much better in 2014.

I'm keeping my eye on the S&P500 moving averages.

Right -- on the fundamentals. The winter was MUCH worse in 2014. We may be in a recession, strictly speaking. Growth will be < 2% in the 2nd quarter, less than 1% wouldn't shock me.

With oil hovering at or just $60, Texas (and North Dakota and Oklahoma to a lesser extent) are no longer driving the U.S. economy forward.

Heard the worst quarter on record on CNBC, if you don't like what they're saying take it up with them.
Well by all means keep spewing misinformation as long as you think you heard it on TV. You definitely have no responsibility for the accuracy of what you say as long as you can attribute it to a moment on television.

Heard the worst quarter on record on CNBC, if you don't like what they're saying take it up with them.

Typical right wing response when caught in a lie: "Blame someone else. It's not my fault I spread bullshit." And to make it worse, when obviously caught you tried to double down.

Sorry the President continues to do a good job. Maybe you'll get another male white dumbass that totally vindicates your world view and he'll have us teetering on financial collapse and in war around the globe again.

Appears the Democrats are the part of old white guy (Bernie Sanders) and gal (Hillary and EW???) candidates

Typical right wing response when caught in a lie: "Blame someone else. It's not my fault I spread bullshit." And to make it worse, when obviously caught you tried to double down.

Sorry the President continues to do a good job. Maybe you'll get another male white dumbass that totally vindicates your world view and he'll have us teetering on financial collapse and in war around the globe again.

Also: this whole post is deliciously ironic. Thanks for the laugh.

Man it really hurts being called a liar by a pathetic Obama/Dem sycophant. The information may not be accurate but I didn't make it up.

No one needs to deliberately lie to make President Obama look like an incompetent fool, he has managed to do that on his own and with the help of people like Syster who have their noses so far up his butt they can't see what is in plane site to anyone with a functioning brain.

I love how the libs on the board stuck together and only focused on the one wrong statement in the OP's post. So why is it that a sitting president in his 7th year of office, 6 of which have had his party in control of one or both houses of congress still hasn't managed to get the economy back on stable footing? First quarter shrinkage and hoping for 2% annual GDP growth isn't exactly a robust economy, especially given the amount of supposed "wealth" growth that has occurred over the past 12-24 months in the stock market.

Justin

Where were you guys when we had fantastic quarters? No celebration then, as I recall... It's like you're sitting back, gloating, waiting for a nugget of bad news to validate the apocalyptic predictions of republicans since Obama started digging out of the last republican-led financial crisis. He's outperformed the last two republican presidents by about any objective metric, and got a helluva lot done in the process. I think he's plainly outperformed Europe, too, with their austerity plan like the republicans wanted here but didn't get. Nothing is more infuriating that being proven wrong, is it?

Perhaps he's not rescuing the economy and transforming it fast enough while he's been tackling problems the republicans have ^$I#ed up for decades. Conservatives, multiple times now, have controlled the house, senate and presidency and didn't do squat about health care or the middle east mess. He has. And the statement about dems controlling "one or both houses of congress" is clumsy and disengenous. Yes, when he had control of both houses we reversed the economic decline from the years when Republicans had control of the entire government. And Obamacare, a tremendous success, was instituted. Not a bad two years of work....

The libs didn't stick together in this thread -- yet another screaming, obvious untruth was easily debunked. It's entertaining how right wingers are actually offended when someone calls their bullshit out, like it's not fair play to introduce fact. Sorry for not enabling conservative fantasies. Maybe if there was more honesty and less propaganda from conservatives?

The economy has been on sound footing for quite some time. If you would like to see an unsound economy, I would invite you to look at what happened the last time we had a republican president, or the time before that.

Man it really hurts being called a liar by a pathetic Obama/Dem sycophant. The information may not be accurate but I didn't make it up.

No one needs to deliberately lie to make President Obama look like an incompetent fool, he has managed to do that on his own and with the help of people like Syster who have their noses so far up his butt they can't see what is in plane site to anyone with a functioning brain.

You published it and it was plainly untrue, just like half the other republican talking points that are untrue but get passed around since they validate a right wing, fantasy world view.

Fantastic quarters? When was that? 4 quarters out of 25 in office have seen GDP growth of > 4%, none > 5%. The 5 year moving average is now < 2%. All the while with the Fed Funds rate at 0.

11152700_828808417212214_2500799432360893277_n.png

If this meme is even half true you should all march down today and change your voter affiliation to whatever that black guy's is.

Glove, what's he gotta do, shit a pile of gold on your front porch?

If this meme is even half true you should all march down today and change your voter affiliation to whatever that black guy's is.

So you are saying that you don't know if it is true? Didn't you just blast a previous poster for not taking responsibility for information he provided?

Why don't you focus on what really matters rather put out a bunch of government stats that are all self serving and are manipulated.

What matters to most people is having a job and working hard to improve their financial situation. What is the labor participation rate? What is the real income growth rate?

Why don't you talk about minority unemployment, the poverty rate or the number of food stamp recipients?

You won't because the numbers are horrible under 6+ years of Democrat control of both the White House and legislative process.

Rich people, doing great, everyone else, not so much.

Last edited:

In your pathetic world the man probably does, indeed shit gold.

Why don't you focus on what really matters rather put out a bunch of government states that are all self serving and are manipulated.

What matters to most people is having a job and working hard to improve their financial situation. What is the labor participation rate? What is the real income growth rate?

Why don't you talk about minority unemployment, the poverty rate or the number of food stamp recipients?

You won't because the numbers are horrible under 6+ years of Democrat control of both the White House and legislative process.

Rich people, doing great, everyone else, not so much.

This Minority unemployment?

fredgraph.png

Or these food stamps?
fredgraph.png

More importantly, what policies should be pursued to help poor people do as well as rich people? Tax cuts for the rich?

Anyone who believes black unemployment is 9% is not living in reality. Once again it's participation rate that is the real factor and a large number of minority unemployed are excluded from the stats.

I would eliminate tax deductions and go to a national sales tax of 15% or have two flat rates one 10% for anyone earning under $150,000 and 15% for anyone making more.

Anyone making less than 50,000 would not pay anything or would get their 15% of their income returned if they went with a national sales tax.

We to need make all the people that visit and use our infrastructure help pay for it and we also need to eliminate the underground economy that pays no taxes. A national sales tax would do that.

Reactions: windriverrange
Around 46,000,000 people on food stamps. Around 50,000,000 people living under the poverty line.

Good job, Mr. President!

Anyone who believes black unemployment is 9% is not living in reality. Once again it's participation rate that is the real factor and a large number of minority unemployed are excluded from the stats.

Black labor force participation is only down 1% since Obama took office, which is less than the 2.5% decrease for the general population.

I would eliminate tax deductions and go to a national sales tax of 15% or have two flat rates one 10% for anyone earning under $150,000 and 15% for anyone making more.

Anyone making less than 50,000 would not pay anything or would get their 15% of their income returned if they went with a national sales tax.

I said how would you help poor people, not what is your tax policy fever dream. How much of a tax cut is that for a poor person? How much of a tax cut is that for a rich person? See this is why no one takes people on the right seriously when they try to pretend like they actually care about how policy affects poor people. It is completely disingenuous. I will grant you that adding a $500 billion to the deficit YEARLY as your plan would definitely help the employment situation.

Graphs, schmaphs. I'm with Head.

Obama had the best economic performance since civil war reconstruction. Reagan? The worst since the British burned the White House.

Someone said that on tv, so you can pass it on as fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT