ADVERTISEMENT

The 70s-80s...and things I loved and want again..

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
I have found as I age that I long for more and more crap I had back in the day. And it seems like all my favorite crap is now high dollar crap.

For instance, I had an 85 Big red three wheeler. I found one two years ago and had it shipped from Michigan, as it had the original tires and was in very nice condition. Paid way less than what they are bringing now, I have seen quite a few STARTING at 2500 on Ebay, and they don't even come close to mine.

A 1984 Honda XL80S motorcycle. I rode the hell out of mine (I was a spoiled ass brat with the motorcycle and full size three wheeler lol) and wouldn't mind finding one in the same condition as my Big Red. Problem is, I don't see one single one of these that even looks remotely good for sale. Guess everyone beat the piss out of em just like I did.

An M6 Speingfield Scout rifle/shotgun. Ok, I didn't have one, but my friend did. Coolest thing ever, .22LR over .410 with the ammo stored in the stock under a folding plate. Now these bastards are selling for 700 bucks and up. I should have stoleN his..

My dog. I would go all Pet Sematary to have him back...Churrrch....

1986 Ford Ranger STX crew cab 4 wheel drive, two tone beige and...*gulp*...red...
This truck was just awesome. Like a mini Ford Raptor back in the day. Had push button 4 wheel drive, comfortable seats, stood tall on a factory lift....I got this truck as my second car when my parents and I agreed I needed 4 wheel drive. They bought it on the cheap from a family friend, and again, don't see any of that particular year and color scheme, and not to mention set up online anywhere. It really was a cool looking truck. Sort of anemic with the 2.9 V6, but that was fine by me back then.

I could go on...found some photos today and a box of junk I kept over the years. Getting old sux. Honestly, if I could have back the family members that are gone now I would take that over any of the crap on this list.

80's hair...... I know I am wierd, but I loved the 80's hair.....

f87befd9f5682b8fc2c8f0bb0c1c5d3c.jpg

Rode the hell out of my Yamaha BW200. Genetic equivalent to a Honda fat cat. Would love to have another one.

My mom had a Fiero when I was too young to drive that I wanted VERY much. Of course I wanted a car made out of stainless steel that could go 88mph and generate 1.21 jigowatts more than anything.

My Porsche 914! Loved the hell out out of that little mid-engine two-seater. Easy to work on, parts were relatively cheap and available (most were shared with VW or Porsche 911 models).

Picked it up from a south-american guy who had just put over $3,200 dollars worth of "re-hab" into it by a very good VW/Porsche shop in OK. (He had all receipts and the work was less than 2 months old, including a new engine.) He was going to OCU, but his dad passed and he had to drop out mid semester and sell the car on an immediate basis. I ended up picking it up for only $1,600.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT