ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage

The lead article in yahoo.com right now by Goodwin and Shiner includes the following; "religious schools that refuse to provide housing for same-sex couples could face lawsuits and lose their tax-exempt status."

Let the full assault on religious liberty commence. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
The lead article in yahoo.com right now by Goodwin and Shiner includes the following; "religious schools that refuse to provide housing for same-sex couples could face lawsuits and lose their tax-exempt status."

Let the full assault on religious liberty commence. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Progress is hard... but as the SCOTUS proves this country is up for the challenge.

Obama Trifecta all in one week

Glory glory glory hallelujah!!!

"with Liberty and Justice for all..."

Last edited:
Obama singing along:

No stop signs
Speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel
Gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around

Progress is hard... but as the SCOTUS proves this country is up for the challenge.

Encouraging unhealthy behavior that reduces the life expectancy of those who partake in it is "progress?" Especially funny coming from those who think that the slaughter of the unborn is "progress." The "progressives" should more accurately be called the "regressives."

Weak - how many things do you partake of daily that "reduces the life expectancy of those who partake"?

You need to make decisions on what a person does or does not stick in their mouth? You are the guy, the one, who can make those decisions for us all?

Not falling for the abortion bait today - this thread is about something different...

Reactions: ctdub
Weak - how many things do you partake of daily that "reduces the life expectancy of those who partake"?

Not falling for the abortion bait today - this thread is about something different...

Why... Is "liberty and justice for all" not really "for all"?

We should remove marriage from government documents so that individual liberties aren't assaulted by religious liberties.

The gay lifestyle is unhealthy and destructive, almost on par with smoking in terms of its effects on health. Even in extremely liberal countries like Denmark where gay "marriage" has been legal for some time. Yet it's taboo for a doctor to speak objectively about it as the Gestapo will come get him, as happened with this guy.

http://www.massresistance.org/docs/gen2/15b/DrChurch-BIDMC/index.html

I really don't think progress is hard. One of my best friends is gay and I'm fine if a gay couple wants to marry but I do fear for those people whose religion is under assault. Government needs to stay the **** out of marriage all together. I know that has been tossed around here a lot but I think it's true. Who am I to judge someone if they want to marry someone of the same sex. Does nothing to me or the way I live my life. By the way that good friend of mine who is gay happens to be against gay marriage. He's very tolerant of people's faith and understands their feelings on the subject. Many of his gay buddies feel the same way. No victory laps for them like the weasels on this board. They get it.

The gay lifestyle is unhealthy and destructive, almost on par with smoking in terms of its effects on health. Even in extremely liberal countries like Denmark where gay "marriage" has been legal for some time. Yet it's taboo for a doctor to speak objectively about it as the Gestapo will come get him, as happened with this guy.

Yet in Denmark, men in same-sex "marriages" have lower mortality rates than "single" and "divorced" men. A much unhealthier "marriage"-related activity is multiple heterosexual "divorces."

If someone is truly "concerned" about the health effects of the "gay lifestyle," then gay "marriage" is a good thing. Unless somehow you think that gay marriage, insurance commercials with gay couples, or a gay pride parade makes it more likely for someone to be gay.

In Canada, suicide surpassed HIV as the leading cause of death among gay and bisexual men in 2007. There is no doubt that legal advances and increased social acceptance lower suicide rates.

Hogwash, a 2009 NIH found that "married" gays in Denmark had higher mortality rates than the general population.

The dirty little secret of "gay marriage" is that sexual relationships outside of the "marriage" are often part of the "marriage." Very different than the norm in heterosexual marriage. The theme of the Rose Bowl parade last year was "love" and the producers admitted that they were trying to persuade gays to engage in monogamy to reduce disease transmission. Redefining the word "marriage" is not going to change that behavior when the norm is to have >100 sexual partners as part of the gay "lifestyle."

You do realize this decision doesn't actually create more gays right?

I consider this a victory for liberty. However, board libs... you fellas might want to hold on a tic before you head out to the nearest pride parade. The following is one of the better posts I've seen today and comes from a friend who posted it on FB. It could well set a precedent for LESS restrictive gun laws, among other personal freedoms that you don't support.

The Constitution doesn't "allow" gay marriage any more than it "allows" straight marriage.

The "right" for two people, regardless of gender, race, color, creed, and even sexuality, to enter into a mutually committed, monogamous relationship is a fundamental right of any sentient being on the planet. This easily predates the constitution, and perhaps even recorded history.

The ruling (and reporting) should say something more along the lines of prohibiting discrimination based on belonging to a certain group of people - in this case, people who are gay and married - without a very compelling reason, which IS spelled out in the 14th amendment.

The only other way around this would be to nullify any government recognition of ANY kind of marriage, but this seems unlikely as long as humans still retain some manner of civilization.

It will be interesting to see if this case will be cited in other cases dealing with the equal protection clause. Gun control comes immediately to mind, as it too is explicitly listed in the constitution, yet people can't freely carry guns in similar manners across all state lines....

Basically, this has set the stage for a massive NRA lawsuit to regain many more of our lost freedoms. Will Obama get credit for that too @CowboyUp ?

Hogwash, a 2009 NIH found that "married" gays in Denmark had higher mortality rates than the general population.

The dirty little secret of "gay marriage" is that sexual relationships outside of the "marriage" are often part of the "marriage." Very different than the norm in heterosexual marriage. The theme of the Rose Bowl parade last year was "love" and the producers admitted that they were trying to persuade gays to engage in monogamy to reduce disease transmission. Redefining the word "marriage" is not going to change that behavior when the norm is to have >100 sexual partners as part of the gay "lifestyle."
Gay marriage is healthier than being a single gay man. Mortality rates for married gay men are lower than for divorced men and single men. The higher the number of married gay people, the healthier the gay population. As the number of gay men marrying has increased in Denmark, the gay population has gotten healthier. If you care about the health of gay people, then you should encourage them to marry. Otherwise, drop the concern trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT