ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Beer/Ales

Dally1up

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
What am I missing and what should I put in the box?

And even though I am not above adding a squeeze of lime or slice of orange to a beer , a shanty is not an acceptable drink. Carry on.

I tried the Kona Big Wave and really like it. I had a few at the Bricktown Ballpark and ended up buying a six pack at the liquor store the other day.

Anderson Valley Gose (the main one, not the blood orange, which is actually pretty good too).

Full Sail Session Lager

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager

Red Seal Ale has always been a go to for me in the summer.

Marshall Arrowhead Ale

Prairie Rugby Ale if they put it out this year.

Anderson Valley Gose (the main one, not the blood orange, which is actually pretty good too).

Full Sail Session Lager

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager

Red Seal Ale has always been a go to for me in the summer.

Marshall Arrowhead Ale

Prairie Rugby Ale if they put it out this year.
All that crap is too heavy in the heat IMO. Give me some Big Wave and Ultra lime and I'm good at the pool.

I'm on a sour beer kick lately.

The Anderson Valley Gose is my absolute favorite.

Choc put on a Gose that I liked also.

Pink lemonade, gin and mint :)

But, I do enjoy a good Dos Equis Lager in the summer. Or, Summer Shandy Leinenkugels.

Gram Positive...and it's my favorite Gose lately though the AV is good. It's goofy name irritates me though.

I take that back.

Gram Positive is an American Wild Ale.

It is awfully tasty, though.

There are a lot of "session" IPAs out now, many of which are good. For Oklahoma beer I think my favorite (summer or otherwise) is Arrowhead Pale Ale from Marshall. I'm headed to San Diego for a week for National Homebrew Conference and general beer tourism. I'm sure I will add a couple of new summer favorites!

The Kona Big Wave is the real deal. Great beer!!! Thanks. I have had the Longboard Ale previously but it is not near as good as this one.

I am kind of liking the Sam Adams Seasonal this year... I think they call it Cold Start.... IIRC

I hate Samuel Adams original so bad that I don't even try their flavors. Am I crazy?

Glad to see all the love for Big Wave! Tasted in Maui a couple of years ago and was hooked. Been bootlegging it from TX until OK finally added it to the approved list. It stays in stock at this house and will likely be what I have at the pool tomorrow when I fire up the Egg.

I hate Samuel Adams original so bad that I don't even try their flavors. Am I crazy?

I am with you man, I cannot stand Sam Adams original, but some of their seasonals I have found to be ok/decent...... I am not saying that cold start is the best beer ever or anything like that, but I have had it a couple of times, and I kind of liked it.....

Add schlafly helles- style summer lager as one that is great!!!

This weekend I've been enjoying St. Arnold Lawnmower. I may have bad taste in beer. But I really enjoy this brew.

Just bought two different twelve back samplers of summer seasonals.

One from Victory brewing in PA.

One from Magic Hat Brewing in Vermont.

Will report back as I drink them.

I originally posted this on another thread, but Odell's new Brombeere is an excellent summer beer. It's a blackberry Gose.

Tried a great IPA called Public House Elusive IPA on tap . It was very unique and brewed in Rolla, Mo.

I'm going to try and find the Brombeere. I'm on a pretty big Gose kick.

Tried a great IPA called Public House Elusive IPA on tap . It was very unique and brewed in Rolla, Mo.

I stopped by their place in St James and bought a 12 of it. Sampled their others but they didnt do a lot for me. The IPA was pretty good though.

Last edited:
Had Bricktown's Blueberry beer on tap a couple weeks ago in Owasso, that was some good, light hot day stuff. I love blueberries though.
Tried a Steven's Point Lime/grapefruit beer yesterday. I will not be drinking another Steven's Point Lime/grapefruit beer. That was gawd awful.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I'm going to try and find the Brombeere. I'm on a pretty big Gose kick.

It's not sold in OK,FYI. Are you in TX? Can't remember. Odell has a beer finder on their webstie, FYI. You can see what locations carry which beers. I'm sure it isn't 100% up to date.

Had Bricktown's Blueberry beer on tap a couple weeks ago in Owasso, that was some good, light hot day stuff. I love blueberries though.
Tried a Steven's Point Lime/grapefruit beer yesterday. I will not be drinking another Steven's Point Lime/grapefruit beer. That was gawd awful.
image.jpg

Because if its done right, its damned tasty. If its done wrong its called Stevens Point Coast Radler.

Because if its done right, its damned tasty. If its done wrong its called Stevens Point Coast Radler.

No kidding. Do people just assume all beer with fruit in it is like Angry Orchid? There are some damn good beer with fruit in it.

Just tried the Choc Gose today. First gose I've tried. Man that's pretty tart. Is theirs pretty typical of most goses? I know they are supposed to be sour but that was really salty and puckerish. Wasn't bad once I got used to it.

It's supposed to be tart. I don't know about Choc. I've not drank one of their beers in probably close to 10 years because everyone I ever tried was mediocre.

The Odell Brombeere isn't as tart just a hint of tartness. The Anderson Valley (The Kimmie, The Yink & the Holy) Gose is quite tart and has a salty aftertaste. That's the way the style is supposed to be. That beer also has a distinctly citrusy-berry flavor even though it has no fruit added.

Boulevard has a (hibiscus) Gose that I've been told is quite good, but I've not had it.

Last edited:
I've had the Boulevard and liked it a decent amount. Liked it better than the Choc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT