ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid commercials

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Just watched a commercial for a filter system for your house gutters. Seems like a decent idea. But the commercial is horrible, IMO.

I just looked at my wife and told her “Honey, if our lives ever become so boring that I suggest that we attend a gutter leaf filter seminar with dozens of other people who are equally as bored, it’s OK to shoot me.”

Any other annoying commercials come to mind?

Reactions: CowboyJD
My father in law likes to proclaim that TV commercials should be illegal (because they take time away from his favorite shows and sporting events). I'm too lazy to educate him on the economic feasibility of TV programing without paid commercial advertising.

His way to "get around" commercials is to press pause at the beginning of the commercial break, wait in silence for three minutes, then fast forward to skip the commercial break in its entirety. He's a nice guy and has built a nice nest egg to take care of my MIL and BIL when he passes away but he's, in general, an idiot.

I have no idea if this in any way relates to the original post, but I saw the word "commercial" multiple times and had to say something.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

My father in law likes to proclaim that TV commercials should be illegal (because they take time away from his favorite shows and sporting events). I'm too lazy to educate him on the economic feasibility of TV programing without paid commercial advertising.

His way to "get around" commercials is to press pause at the beginning of the commercial break, wait in silence for three minutes, then fast forward to skip the commercial break in its entirety. He's a nice guy and has built a nice nest egg to take care of my MIL and BIL when he passes away but he's, in general, an idiot.

I have no idea if this in any way relates to the original post, but I saw the word "commercial" multiple times and had to say something.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

I fully understand the economics of commercials. But I still do exactly what your FiL does (when it’s allowed on the platform) mostly as a matter of principle.

Madison Ave employs some of my least favorite people on the planet.

Fancy like Applebee’s…

‘nuff said.
FKYW6zz.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT