ADVERTISEMENT

Storytellers with osumark

chasepollard

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2005
Performed on Saturday, Nov. 1st 2014! OSUmark was playing a blackpowder gun...and he will tell the rest of the story...

BpsSA2h.png

details... need story bruh... break it down

Ok, guys. Two years ago my hunting buddy and best friend had a heart attack, followed by a stroke a month later. The stroke took his life. David, helped me set up every location, fill every feeder, put in food plots and hot wire fences. David was a very selfless person, the core of his family.

Well, a guy where I live game me this 15 foot tripod, I told David we would drive out to my hunting spot in Putnam, ok, and he could this tripod wherever he wanted. He picked this spot, on the back side of the creek bottom/tree line. Several bucks have been seen in this area over the years. I think Jeff wounded at least one at this spot, maybe two lol. We'll we get it set up, and David never got to hunt it. Last year I hunted it, put out a tinks cotton scent container, sat till about 9:30am I got up and walked around came back by my stand and a nice buck was standing there at the tinks container, opportunity lost.

Well, this year I set up a place a lot closer to home, bow hunted it, even muzzleload hunted the centennial farm at Taloga. Well Saturday, I decide to hunt the Dave stand. I started using the buck bomb last year, I used it 6 times last year saw a buck 5 times last year. I've told everyone I know about buck bomb, I know 2 people where I live that haven't seen any bucks till they used buck bomb. I guys saw 4, the other 3.

Anyway, I get to David's stand at 615am, start spraying buck bomb in about 40 sec bursts. At about 7:30am I have a buck show up at 30 yards, and I shoot him at 15 yards. He was so close all I saw was fur in the scope. He ran about 75 yards, not a drop of blood and his final resting place. First deer killed at David's stand, and old one from what the taxidermist said.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Help from an old friend! Cool story, and the mount will make a good conversation starter about your old buddy and the old whitetail.

excellent story mark, and sorry to hear about your friend...

Great deer! And Great story Mark and condolences on the lost of your buddy. I lost my best hunting partner and friend to brain cancer about 8 years ago... it was kinda hard to go hunting that next fall, but I took his son. These kinds of friends make for big losses in our lives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT