ADVERTISEMENT

stay at home moms - "Not a choice we want Americans to make."

As per usual.....he wants to empower women but only if they make the choices he wants them to make. God forbid someone sacrifice their career a little bit for their kids. As everyone knows more money = more happiness.

Originally posted by squeak:
Careers are overrated.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Highly, assuming you are able to provide.

Like Hillary's quote earlier this week, this is calculated and context is irrelevant. It's part of the coming focus (post ObamaCare and failed gun control focuses) on the new buzz phrase I mentioned the other day - income inequality.

This is the new big thing.

Pretty simple - get women to stop leaving the workforce to have kids and you will appear to have solved this mostly made up problem.

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
I'm sure 07 can shed some light on this. But regardless of his uh..... context? I guess we could say? Is it really "We's" choice on what the f*** American moms want to do in regards to leaving the workplace to raise kids?

Link.

Pleae tell me what he REEEEALLLY means.
"Too often parents have no choice but to put their kids in cheaper daycare, that maybe doesn't have the kinds of programming that makes a big difference in a child's development. And sometime there may just not be any slots, or the best programs may be too far away. And sometimes someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that's not a choice want Americans to make."

Probably won't make much of a difference to you since you already drank the right wing rage Kool-aid.

Please tell us how he intends to pay for this high-quality daycare for all. I'm assuming the good-ole fashioned Democratic Party way: stealing money from those who are productive.

Originally posted by 07pilt:

I'm sure 07 can shed some light on this. But regardless of his uh..... context? I guess we could say? Is it really "We's" choice on what the f*** American moms want to do in regards to leaving the workplace to raise kids?

Link.

Pleae tell me what he REEEEALLLY means.
"Too often parents have no choice but to put their kids in cheaper daycare, that maybe doesn't have the kinds of programming that makes a big difference in a child's development. And sometime there may just not be any slots, or the best programs may be too far away. And sometimes someone, usually mom, leaves the workplace to stay home with the kids, which then leaves her earning a lower wage for the rest of her life as a result. And that's not a choice want Americans to make."

Probably won't make much of a difference to you since you already drank the right wing rage Kool-aid.
I agree with Pilt on this assessment and hoped nobody would post about it. The context implies that's a choice we don't want Americans to be forced to make (choosing to raise children at the expense of long term income growth of the individual, usually mom, who loses experience and income growth for that period in which she sits out).

He should have been working on these important issues back when he had political capital.

In the thread about job creation and who provides it, Pilt is being completely obtuse.

It's a choice we made.

Regardless of context, life is full of tough choices, and I'm OK with that.

We can't expect to have it all. We are just lucky (because I busted ass to get here) we can slide by on my salary for a couple of years.

What I don't like about he speech (in full context) is that it implies you shouldn't ever have to make tough choices. You should just get stuff.

Ask me how I know how I won.
I'm afraid you won't be able to answer with that hook in your mouth.

Pretty obvious that context doesn't matter to minions like you.

You'll know you are winning when I make up magical methods to pay for food and gas.
This post was edited on 11/3 10:55 PM by 07pilt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT