ADVERTISEMENT

Some pics

Jeff J.

Jul 6, 2003
First one, found this dude today. My brother shot at him Thanksgiving morning. We had pretty ideal conditions to track in and found absolutely no blood or hair. He'd been being on trail cams pretty regular up to then, but hadn't been on one since. We both started to suspect he was hit and some coyote activity I saw a day or two later gave me an idea where he might be. Finally got back today to check cams and do some other stuff. Decided to go have a look.

1632346.jpg

1632348.jpg

Stinks to feed coyotes with a deer like that, but very glad some hunches, some smarts and some luck led to at least finding the rack. A buddy that does some fantastic taxidermy work has an extra cape on hold for my brother for this one.

This one has been a regular on various cameras for the last month. Both of these were on two different cameras early this AM (ignore the date on the one). So he survived deer gun.

1632347.jpg

1632345.jpg

I taped him with a literal string and a stick ruler, but I'm not confident in his gross at this point. I felt like he's a 145-155" gross deer from pics. Am confident in saying his main beams are 25 and 26" long, and that the droptine is 10"

The other one, which I've dubbed "Freaky Deaky" is either 2.5 or 3.5 and (I think) we had all committed to not shoot this year, so it's awesome he survived gun. Not that we've ever seen him in person or in a daylight picture. lol

The split brow on his right side basically shoots straight forward. You can't really see it in these pics, but he has a kicker at his base on the side opposite of the drops that looks like it will likely be a drop also in his next set of antlers.

Originally posted by TexasCowPoke:
That is a very nice deer with lots of character! Glad you found him!
This. Excellent the other made it through hunt season!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT