ADVERTISEMENT

So...Freddie Gray may have injured himself

you would think those vans would have some type of closed circuit video running...if so they would have all the proof they needed one way or the other. Wow if this turns out to be true though.

Read (on tMB) that he was receiving a settlement from a previous injury via automobile accident. I wouldn't be shocked either way....

Unless blatant video comes out of this, it doesn't matter. He was injured/killed while restrained in police custody. Even if self-induced, that just means that the officers are guilty of negligent homicide instead of manslaughter/murder. They shouldn't have "joy-rided" him in the first place, and unfortunately those officers deserve to face consequences for the results of their actions.

Justin

Unless blatant video comes out of this, it doesn't matter. He was injured/killed while restrained in police custody. Even if self-induced, that just means that the officers are guilty of negligent homicide instead of manslaughter/murder. They shouldn't have "joy-rided" him in the first place, and unfortunately those officers deserve to face consequences for the results of their actions.

Justin

What does "joy-rided" mean? I don't follow you on that.

Yeah, he tore his own spinal cord...

I could see happening if he landed hard on one of the benches. I think the guy was trying to set up a police brutality case and screwed up.

There is still no excuse for him not getting medical attention when he asked for it.

And all the white officers were marched to the closest tattoo parlor to have the letter "R" tattooed across their foreheads signifying the new modern day Scarlet Letter.

It's when the police leave you unsecured in a police van then toss you around on the drive back to the station to teach you a lesson.

Well according to some sources the guy driving the van was a good guy and not one who would "joy ride" the arrested victim. Look I think that at times black Americans are treated differently then white Americans by the law but when they protest and hitch their wagon to criminals with rap sheets like this guy it diminishes the message. They need to just protest the profiling of black Americans by the law. They need to protest the cops joy riding them around. I don't know why they wait to protest until someone is dead.

I don't get the profiling argument. Aren't police supposed to be on the look out for people who might commit crimes. It's very unfortunate for the majority of blacks who are law abiding but the fact is blacks are committing a large number of crimes. It is impossible for a policeman not to profile.

Looks like murder charges have been filed in Baltimore. If the cops are guilty I hope they get the max.

I don't get the profiling argument. Aren't police supposed to be on the look out for people who might commit crimes. It's very unfortunate for the majority of blacks who are law abiding but the fact is blacks are committing a large number of crimes. It is impossible for a policeman not to profile.

Looks like murder charges have been filed in Baltimore. If the cops are guilty I hope they get the max.
Because most people aren't blatantly racist. There is nothing about being black that makes you more likely to be a criminal, to say as much is flat out racist. Being poor does make you more likely to be a criminal, it is just unfortunate that a lot of black people are poor.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
Because most people aren't blatantly racist. There is nothing about being black that makes you more likely to be a criminal, to say as much is flat out racist. Being poor does make you more likely to be a criminal, it is just unfortunate that a lot of black people are poor.

I actually agree with this statement. I still think no matter what there are a high % of officers that once they have a black person pulled over they will dig deeper then a white person of the same income class or they treat them different. I am not saying all officers are this way as there is a high % of great officers in this country that keep us safe. I just think some of these people protesting do have a point but they way they are going about getting the word out is wrong. The rioters also don't help the peaceful protesters out either as they then get lumped in with the criminals burning and looting.

Only a moron would claim skin pigmentation causes someone to be criminal. I am in complete agreement that social issues and economics are the driving factors. But police are instinctively going to profile if the majority of legitimate arrests they make are people of a certain race or are in a high crime area.

Only a moron would claim skin pigmentation causes someone to be criminal. I am in complete agreement that social issues and economics are the driving factors. But police are instinctively going to profile if the majority of legitimate arrests they make are people of a certain race or are in a high crime area.
Yeah that's called racism. That isn't a natural instinct that is a learned behavior.

Yeah that's called racism. That isn't a natural instinct that is a learned behavior.

Yes it is a natural instinct. Your at the ATM at night two people approach at the same time from different directions, one is in slacks and a polo shirt the other in baggy pants and a hoodie. Which one are you keeping your eye on?

If you say both the same or neither, I won't believe you. If you say the guy in the hoodie then you are a racist a profiler by your definition. Is Chris Rock a racist? Because he used that exact example and he said he was looking over his shoulder for brothers. (He didn't use the word brothers.)

"In addition, greater peer diversity was associated with attenuated amygdala response to African American faces, suggesting that intergroup racial contact may reduce the salience of race."

Were all of the officers that were suspended white?

No.
3 whites, 3 blacks, one woman.

marilyn-mosby.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorOdinson13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT