ADVERTISEMENT

So, Christmas Lights...

I'm about to go out and start putting ours up. What kind you guys going with this year?
No posts today or pics? Fall off the ladder or jump because OU won?
Kidding aside, I spent a lot of time on ladders doing electrical work and painting when I did that type of work yrs ago, now at 55 I just don't have the desire to get on an extension ladder and risk falling 10 to 20 ft with the risk of breaking anything including my neck.

I ordered some assorted colors light bulbs for the 7 recessed soffit lights we have in front of house, will see how those look when they get here and will do the usual wreaths on the windows but thats about it probably this year. Will still have to get on a ladder to change the bulbs but I think I can manage a few steps up.

What it normally looks like at night, not usually with the snow tho, will post pics when I get the lights in and wreaths on windows.
I saw they have bulbs now that can change to 16 different colors with a remote control, some are google home or something like that. May check those out if the ones I bought don't look good. May also do some other stuff like I used to do but everything that goes up also has to come down at the end of the Season so there is that incentive to do just a little instead of a lot.
FiDmbgbX0AAsr0W

These are the bulbs I thought of getting, wanted them to all be different colors, with these I think you can change them to any color but they would all be the same color. Not sure.
Wifi-Smart-Led-Light-Bulb-E27-Tuya-Smart-Bulb-Lamp-Led-Bulb-RGBCW-Light-15W-Color.jpg

• Love
Reactions: davidallen
Georgeous place.

Holiday lights ended up taking a back seat to replacing two circulation pumps and a zone control valve on the underfloor heating system. Our place was built in 1910s and has had many retrofits over the years including a very comfortable but aging hydro water heating system. 18 mos ago we replaced the water heating system with a very efficient NG boiler and now we have pumps one by one going down. So yeah, hot water over lights for now. I usually laze out and just do the front porch - kinda feels like that might be the case this year two. Maybe going with the Hue's would be a way to kill two birds as I have two floods that look like they need to be replaced anyway.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Georgeous place.

Holiday lights ended up taking a back seat to replacing two circulation pumps and a zone control valve on the underfloor heating system. Our place was built in 1910s and has had many retrofits over the years including a very comfortable but aging hydro water heating system. 18 mos ago we replaced the water heating system with a very efficient NG boiler and now we have pumps one by one going down. So yeah, hot water over lights for now. I usually laze out and just do the front porch - kinda feels like that might be the case this year two. Maybe going with the Hue's would be a way to kill two birds as I have two floods that look like they need to be replaced anyway.

Thanks! Damn that sucks, usually how it is here, always something sets me back from getting things done. I prefer old homes myself even with work that sometimes needs to be done on them. 13 yrs ago we moved out of an old Neighborhood in Little Rock with most homes being 100 yrs old or older, ours was about 80 yrs old at that time. Always repairing something it seemed but the real reason was that area had become a target for thieves and we moved to the burbs then where we are now.
Old houses can be a pain but if anyone thinks they will be maintenence free in a new one you will be sadly mistaken.

Looked at what inspoke mentioned, way to go but expensive I am guessing. That and they stay up year around is not something that I would like I think. People would say I am too lazy to take down my decorations and if I used them as regular lighting in summer we would be covered in bugs more so than we are with no outside lights on. Winter is the only time I can turn on those lights in the pic.

@davidallen @OUSOONER67 Trimlight not cheap but paying someone to hang lights these days not cheap either. Only takes a few years of paying someone to hang lights to pay for Trimlight. Trimlight gives you dozens of color and pattern combinations as well. Mounted in a permanent aluminum track under the soffit.

I bought some bulbs like you mentioned for the outdoor fixtures on Amazon. Love them. 16$ for a box of 4 with a remote control. Multiple colors and patterns on those too.

I am charging $100 an hour but only doing select houses for friends. I hate heights or gravity right @Sunburnt Indian ;)

To little? Trying to find something for the off-season for the lawn company.

I am charging $100 an hour but only doing select houses for friends. I hate heights or gravity right @Sunburnt Indian ;)

To little? Trying to find something for the off-season for the lawn company.
You do not fear heights. Some of us have a fear of edges and falling, but not heights.

I stand on a street corner in Denver in a crowd. I'm 5280 feet above sea level. Our worst fear is being run over by a bus or being mugged.

I stand on the Alico building in Waco. I'm 710 feet above sea level. I stand near the edge with some roofers. I'm nervous!!! I move away from the edge to the middle of the building. I'm as calm as a cucumber. I have no fear of heights nor do you.

In my 56 student 60 question class room session, I was one of four who answered this question correctly. Are there any among us who has a fear of heights? soonerinlOUisiana and iasooner2000 has answered this question correctly. The corrct answer? No.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT