ADVERTISEMENT

Shingles

Football_Goddess

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
Is there a bigger asshole of a non-lethal disease than shingles? I've had them twice now (the first time was a cake walk compared to this time). Nothing like feeling like your skin is on fire and having no recourse to make it stop.

The worst. I had them once on my arms and my forehead. Pray I never get them again.

If you had chicken pox as a child, you're going to have shingles sooner or later come hell or high water. True or false?

Had the pox as a child, hope to not have this, too.

Hope you get to feeling better as soon as possible.

If you had chicken pox as a child, you're going to have shingles sooner or later come hell or high water. True or false?
Not quite true. Not everyone who gets chicken pox gets shingles, but if you haven't had them, I pray you never get them because they well and truly SUCK. It feels like my left shoulder is on fire.

I had shingles on my right shoulder blade in February. It was only 3 little spots. They didn't hurt at all but my right shoulder, back of my right arm and armpit were on fire. It was impossible to sleep. Horrible pain.

I'm 31 and got Bells Palsy and Shingles within a month of each other. Recovered fully from both thankfully. I just found out I am having my gall bladder removed in 3 weeks. My wife makes fun of me for being an old man.

I keep bugging my Doc for that shingles shot because I saw how bad it was for my mother and the Doc keeps telling me I'm to young. I'm scared I'll be one of those that gets it before my time.

I keep bugging my Doc for that shingles shot because I saw how bad it was for my mother and the Doc keeps telling me I'm to young. I'm scared I'll be one of those that gets it before my time.

Headhunter you and me both. My mom had them and I sure as hell don't want them after knowing the hell she went through. But, my doc keeps telling me not to get the vaccine until I'm right at 60 and I'm afraid that I'll get them in the 9 yr interim.

Hell, I'll turn 33 in June and this is the second time I've had them. I've got a LONG way to go before 60. And this go-around has been much worse than the last one. That's not a trend I'm excited to see continue.

Unfortunately I am an expert. Got it the first time in 5th grade. Had it nearly 20 times. Time before last was the worst in 2011 after I was in the hospital with a broken tibia/fibula/ankle.

Usually every year at the beginning of the summer. First golf or lake outing. Survived 36 holes last weekend in Florida.

Every doctor says ohhhh it's not shingles. Come in and let me look. OH. YUP. THATS SHINGLES!

On the back of my neck. Started at my hairline. Moves down every time.

The worst is picking up a prescription cause it's the same medicine as herpes medicine. Technically it IS herpes zoster. But try explaining that to the hot single pharmacist who of course is the one filling my script.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT